2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 462 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I agree. I was dubious of the “paperwork” argument and think her coaches wanted to assure a win for her confidence starting out the season. And it paid off. She just demonstrated her dominance and what’s she’s capable of without question. I’m so happy for Alina and I hope this positive momentum carries her through the season.
To be honest this is ridiculous. What would they be able to change in just 1 week? I'm sure she was capable of slaying last week too. She's just good.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Right now I think Anna is still a question mark, and we don't know for sure whether the other three will be in their best shape by the time of the next Olympics.
Sasha's technical content is unbeatable, but Alena needs to have a 3A to have an advantage over Alina.
What exactly makes Anna a question mark? Daniil said that she's at 70-80% form so her in her optimal form should be quite formidable.

If there's one question mark out of these girls it's Alena, honestly.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I agree. I was dubious of the “paperwork” argument and think her coaches wanted to assure a win for her confidence starting out the season. And it paid off. She just demonstrated her dominance and what’s she’s capable of without question. I’m so happy for Alina and I hope this positive momentum carries her through the season.

Ridiculous. They would have lied something about her little injury and that is all..But Alina went to the airport with her big suitcase and she stood in the queue and talked twith the officier.. Do you really think it?? They don't have to prove anything if they renounce a competition...

It would be a very dumb strategy and a waste of Alina's training time to have her get all dressed up with her bags only to take an Instagram photo posting a sarcastic comment about not making it to competition instead of claiming she was not feeling well or boot issues. And also to have a random custom's officer's name released. And I'm sure Diana would be been very happy to have her mother decide to move Alina's event to one that coincides with JGP Ostrava so that she couldn't attend with her daughter. But hey, whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

logical

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
To be honest this is ridiculous. What would they be able to change in just 1 week? I'm sure she was capable of slaying last week too. She's just good.

There is a paper called parents consent. I have to sign it with a notary - my wife has to sign it with a notary even if we both go with our kids outside Russia. It usually expires in 1 year. To renew it takes half an hour not a week.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
There is a paper called parents consent. I have to sign it with a notary - my wife has to sign it with a notary even if we both go with our kids outside Russia. It usually expires in 1 year. To renew it takes half an hour not a week.
except when you and your kid live in different cities. and competition starts next day. And practice even earlier.
:laugh:

lavoix

Match Penalty
What do people think of Diana Davis? I thought the dance pair from Georgia looked the most interesting at this JGP, sadly I see the winning pair splitting up in a few years. I just can't buy into their routines.

alvina9894

Final Flight
What do people think of Diana Davis? I thought the dance pair from Georgia looked the most interesting at this JGP, sadly I see the winning pair splitting up in a few years. I just can't buy into their routines.

You can discuss this in the Ice Dance thread

Fluture

Record Breaker
What exactly makes Anna a question mark? Daniil said that she's at 70-80% form so her in her optimal form should be quite formidable.

If there's one question mark out of these girls it's Alena, honestly.

While I absolutely love Anna‘s skating I can‘t help but see the obvious thing that makes her a ”a question mark“ in the eyes of many people. She primarily relies on speed to rotate her triples, not height. She‘s also very tiny, thin and fragile and while that probably lies in her genes (we‘ve seen that her mom also is very thin) she‘ll still gain at least some weight when she grows up. She also isn‘t really the most consistent skater ever. So, yeah, while I personally hope and believe in her being fine, for the next Olympics she‘s probably more of a question mark than the other two current junior girls - Alena and Sasha. Alena looks like she‘s in the midst of maturing already whereas Sasha has a different natural built than Anna anyway - more muscular and athletic. Anyway, if we look at 2022 ANY girl is a questionmark. We all know how much 4 years can be in figure skating. And we have to note that Anna, Alena and Sasha will be a Zhenya by the time thw next Olympics are there, not an Alina. It will definitely be interesting to see but I will restrain myself from making any predictions for now.

katymay

Medalist
Idk. I except Alena will be the next Kostner. As we've seen this weekend, no matter how badly she skates those PC's are going to go above and beyond what anybody else can produce. And despite a popped 2A she is far more consistent than any of the others. She will be a right place, right time skater. She will win because the others will mess up. Not every competition but they will mess up somewhere along the line and she will be right there ready to take gold when that happens. And I think that is where her value to RUS Fed will come from. She will be their plan B for a lot of competitions. If Sasha or Alina screw up we know Alena will be there to take gold.

Kostornaia is special. When she came out of the gate for the SP warm up, she flew across the ice at warp speed. It gave me a thrill. There is just something spectacular about her speed and power across the ice. And this was just doing the initial edging out of the gate. Are the judges watching? Of course they are. Which is why, on warm up, Trusova makes sure to throw those quads right in front of them. Do judges 'judge' the warm up? Yup.

katymay

Medalist
I thought Vasilieva was underscored here, hoping for a better FS from her

I agree. I loved her SP, thought it was well crafted and thought she did very well. If she is going to be thrown under the bus in Russia, it is too bad she and her family can't immigrate to the U.S., she would be at the top in our country.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Too bad she probably won't represent another country -- those that do usually aren't the ones that are anywhere near the top for JGPs (except Kurakova I suppose)

madison

Record Breaker
except when you and your kid live in different cities. and competition starts next day. And practice even earlier.
:laugh:

Except that her father did not know anything about this after the incident, which was strange....:shocked:

I think it is really difficult to make any prediction for the next four year... it's just a long way and anything can happen.
I personally like a lot Kamila Valieva, her arms' movements are mesmerizing.
I do think that Alena Kostornaya passes a bad time right now, but this doesn't mean that she's in danger, she can very easily overcome this.
And I hope that Trusova will stay healthy, cause what Eteri underlined in a recent interview - that the quads are very dangerous and the motto for Sasha Pray and Practice - are kind of worrysome.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Except that her father did not know anything about this after the incident, which was strange....:shocked:
of course he didn't know. If he knew that something was wrong he would fixed it in advance.

And I hope that Trusova will stay healthy, cause what Eteri underlined in a recent interview - that the quads are very dangerous and the motto for Sasha Pray and Practice - are kind of worrysome.
I mean, it's life. You have no idea what's going to happen to you tomorrow. Same goes to everyone. She's not a fortune-teller, you know. :rolleye:

madison

Record Breaker
of course he didn't know. If he knew that something was wrong he would fixed it in advance.

He seems he didn't know anything after the incident not before, which is strange.... anyway..
Here is the interview (google translate). Source:https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1067077245.html

According to the Federation of Figure Skating of Russia (FFKR), the figure skater did not fly to Slovakia because of problems with the documents.
“Problems with permission to depart from parents? Very strange. Honestly, I do not know about it. We made out a similar document, everything was in order. I can not say anything now in more detail, because I do not have the information, ”said Zagitov.

Anyway, it's a fait accompli... probably, we'll never learn what exactly happened... but as it seems it was for Alina's best.

SXTN

Final Flight

There is strategy too. The whole skating world is watching these competitions prior to GP (judges too) and it is key to win and to build your reputation and PCS. Because with your first outing you set the bar for your component marks.
Since Rika will be one of Alina's main rivals on the technical side, Alina winning at Ondrej Nepela was not certain at all. If she had faltered there, it would have been directly resulted in much lower PCS. At Nebelhorn, competition was not as tough. She could skate with less pressure, she had one week more to recover from the bad test skates and she started the season with a big bang.

Taking her out of Ondrej Nepela was on purpose. To my mind.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
:sarcasm:
"not anything" but about "exact problem".
Of course he does not know that the document has "problems".. if he saw "problems" before, he would have fixed them... the "problems" came to light at customs.

and...., Don't you tired? searching everywhere for some evil conspiracy? :disapp:
Don't you think Alina answered enough for all these false accusations yesterday??? :sarcasm: