2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 464 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

typeyournamehere

Match Penalty
people still ready to believe any nonsense instead of believing in what head of the federation said... :palmf:
i suppose Eteri is so powerful that she can make any official lie!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Sorry for the double post, but...

Minsk-Ice Star Entries have been announced.

In juniors, there are Kamila Sultanmagomedova and Ulyana Zhukova (have we even seen her before? I don't remember her)
In seniors, there are Maria Mostenets and Viktoria Safonova.

Why is RusFed like this? Senior assignments should've been Gulaykova/Sakhanovich type skaters, good but not good enough for the GP. Junior assignments should've been Ksusha Sinitsyna / Nastya Kostyuk / Vika Vasilieva type skaters -- Ksusha and Vika to give them a better international outing, and Kostyuk because she's actually really good, just not usually clean.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Skaters should want to go and have money for that. I doubt it's rusfed who refused to assign them.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
You’d think if there were problems with her document they would have tried to contact her father to have them fixed. But he didn’t know about it until the interview? The whole thing to me is strange and what makes me think it was strategic.

Then she went home and staged a photo with all her baggage and a crying face. Why say boots problems when you can be really extra? :rolleye:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Upcoming competitions:

JGP Slovenia: Tarakanova, Tarusina
Intrigues here: finals spots are on the line for both of them. The winner is automatically in, whoever is second will need to top Yelim's tiebreaker score

2nd stage of the Cup of Russia:
Junior notable names: Valieva, Usacheva, Safonova, Frolova, Starodbutseva, Chistyakova, Sultanmagomedova
Senior notable names: Radionova, Tsurskaya, Vasilieva, Tarakanova
Intrigues here: the placement of most of the junior ladies here will determine who will go to junior nationals

Japan Open: Zagitova, Sotskova
Intrigues here: how will Sotskova look in competition this season?

Finlandia Trophy: Konstantinova, Tuktamysheva

JGP Armenia: Trusova, Kanysheva
Intrigues here: finals spots are on the line for Trusova and Kanysheva. Also will be interesting to see the state of Trusova's quads.

Minsk-Arena Ice Star: Sultanmagomedova + Zhukova (junior), Safonova + Mostenets (senior)

and then the GP series.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Upcoming competitions:

Intrigues here: finals spots are on the line for both of them. The winner is automatically in, whoever is second will need to top Yelim's tiebreaker score

Junior notable names: Valieva, Usacheva, Safonova, Frolova, Starodbutseva, Chistyakova, Sultanmagomedova
Intrigues here: the placement of most of the junior ladies here will determine who will go to junior nationals

Japan Open: Zagitova

Intrigues here: finals spots are on the line for Trusova and Kanysheva. Also will be interesting to see the state of Trusova's quads.

Minsk-Arena Ice Star: Sultanmagomedova + Zhukova (junior), Safonova + Mostenets (senior)

and then the GP series.

If I‘m honest, I have never heard of the skaters participating at Minsk-Arena Ice Star but neither have I heard of the competition.

It’ll be interesting to see Tsurskaya and Radionova competing and in which state they are in. And of course to find out which juniors will go to the JGPF alongside Anna and Alena and most likely Yelim.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Upcoming competitions:

Japan Open: Zagitova, Sotskova

and then the GP series.
Sotskova at Japan Open instead of Kostner

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Ah, that's right. Guess it's a good thing that she'd withdrawn earlier from Finlandia then :)

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
He seems he didn't know anything after the incident not before, which is strange.... anyway..
Here is the interview (google translate). Source:https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1067077245.html

According to the Federation of Figure Skating of Russia (FFKR), the figure skater did not fly to Slovakia because of problems with the documents.
“Problems with permission to depart from parents? Very strange. Honestly, I do not know about it. We made out a similar document, everything was in order. I can not say anything now in more detail, because I do not have the information, ”said Zagitov.

Anyway, it's a fait accompli... probably, we'll never learn what exactly happened... but as it seems it was for Alina's best.

I think that's easy. They signed a consent a gave it to Alina. No one bothered to keep track of its expiration date. Of course, they could not fix it immediately - it took time to renew it and DHL to Moscow. But it does not take a week as someone suggested.

I just bothered to look at our consent: it has expired in August. No one asked it as we travel together with kids. But in principle if we decide to fly tomorrow somewhere we might be asked for it and as we do not have a current one we will be kept at the border.

Helena b

Rinkside
I rarely write here but I'm just so impressed with Alina's gala! Such an emotional and hot performance, and the music suits her so well. I wish it was her fs...

Simply fabulous.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I rarely write here but I'm just so impressed with Alina's gala! Such an emotional and hot performance, and the music suits her so well. I wish it was her fs...
Simply fabulous.

I was really impressed as well. Finally I can look forward to seeing Alina‘s gala performances as opposed to last year. :laugh:

Gotta love this confident Alina. She looked absolutely ready to slay! And did she just try 3Lz out of a charlotte entry? Wow. Don‘t mess with that girl, I tell you that, she‘ll throw 3Lz-3Lo and charlotte spirals right at your face. :biggrin:

katymay

Medalist

Simply fabulous.

I was thinking the same. THIS is what she should have skated to. It was fierce. The only issue is so many are using the same music this year, but then again...not sure that is something they care about. (carmen, Phantom)

katymay

Medalist
Wow~~ instead of skating to I am a winner (if it exists) she skates I am a survivor. I love the attitude. The choreography is awesome.

The outfit is a huge improvement as well. Her skating dresses this year make her look like a 40 year old matron. But the black gala outfit was hot hot hot and she looks fantastic in that type of thing. Since she has the body to wear something like that, she should....wear something like that.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I was thinking the same. THIS is what she should have skated to. It was fierce. The only issue is so many are using the same music this year, but then again...not sure that is something they care about. (carmen, Phantom)
too high tempo and rhythm for a competition program.