2018 Skate America Pairs Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Pairs Short Program

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Ashley sure does like being a flapper and wearing fringe.

It's a good program but it needs to be cleaner.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So far Hase/Seegert is the only team that I saw go clean.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yiiiiikes. That said, they performed the heck out of it, and that last spin was really nice.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Even with the SBS error, Cain and Leduc made a great case for paying attention to them all season.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
despite the fall, very entertaining skate by Cain and Leduc! they definitely seem the most polished of the skaters we've seen tonight ;)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Love this program, too bad the acoustics in the rink are so bad it's hard to hear the music.

I'd probably change the color to something other than bubblegum pink, but Ashley rocks the fringe

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Love this program, too bad the acoustics in the rink are so bad it's hard to hear the music.

I'd probably change the color to something other than bubblegum pink, but Ashley rocks the fringe

Even a deeper pink would be better imo.

They performed that well.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC (USA)

Let's see if they can capitalize on their two wins on the Senior Bs!

Good flow-out on the 3Twist, a little crash though. Ouch, a slip from LeDuc on the 3Los, a shame since they have been bang-on on this element before this. Step-out on the throw 3Lutz, but great height. A bit labored on the lift on the entry from LeDuc. Fine on the death spiral, Level 3. Good, fun choreography through the footwork with very good clear steps. Wonderful change of edge in the catchfoot camel. A bit of an extra rotation from LeDuc on the upright I-spin but quite well-synced throughout.

I like the interpretation and their personality through this music. I think they might have been too excited and they weren't as secure in places than they in their prior performances this year. The full package is there for this program once it's clean. Hoping they have a better long program.

Short Program: 57.72 Total, 28.92 TES, 29.80 PCS, Deduction -1

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
LeDuc's styling doesn't really fit with hers, I don't think. Especially the beard.

Fun program, liked the choreography, and she sells it like the rent is due. Too bad about the errors.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Cursed ice night. She double footed the twist, the fall on the sbs jumps. Touch down on the throw. The lift looked like TWO days work.

On the plus side, it's a personality program with genuine personality.

Someone please do a sage ceremony on the ice before the Men. Thank you!

GGFan

Record Breaker
I've been so busy with work I didn't even realize Skate America started :slink:

I'll try to stick around for a while but I'm exhausted. At least there no Candyman tonight :biggrin: