2018 Skate Canada Men's Short Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Men's Short Program

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I guess maybe some of you don’t that don’t know that Jason has been with Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson for only 4 months and that they’re completely revamping his jump and skating technique from the ground up, and that he did a flawless run through a couple of hours ago? He recently said in an interview that when he’s on the ice he has to think about everything he does and that it’s a constant fight not slipping back into the old technique.

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
The fall wasn’t the only mistake. Overscored, but not as much as we’re used to due to PCS being capped much harder when a programme has a fall or “serious error.” Should have been behind Junhwan Cha by a point or two, but Cha skated early, so his components weren’t anything special.

tl;dr it’s closer to correct than the placement order would lead you to believe and not nearly as bad as prior “who cares if you’re clean, have all the PCS” moments we’ve seen, but it’s also going to be DRAMA

So you think it kind of makes sense?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Off to do my own skating now. Later folks! Let me know how many URs I called right!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Samarin like last year: splatfest during pre-season event, and then almost everything clean at Skate Canada.

4ltz was huge even though the landing was a mess.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Well it's a shame that Kévin had those mistakes. But also shame on the judges for putting his PCS so low.

Shoma was way over-scored. I thought the PCS were supposed to take into account big mistakes now? I'm disappointed.

badknees

Medalist
I was doing dishes. When I looked over to the TV, I didn't know who was skating. And my first thought was it sure felt and looked like Jeremy Abbott. Mostly because of the music and the skater was skating up too and real strong to the music and the interpretation. He had some strong jumps like Jeremy did in the old days

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Junhwan only 0.01 behind Shoma

#Junhwan4Gold

They will push Keegan Messing for gold, don't count on that lol.

The only thing is he may try for 4ltz (which he never lands) so if he bombs then the door is open, but given the margin here after the SP, he might just do 4toes.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Such a great competition! Shame about Shoma and Jason, but everyone else did so well I can't be mad. Keegan with a six point lead going into the free, oh my God. I hope he holds it together, he does sometimes crack under the pressure. It'll be a great fight tomorrow!