2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Free Skate | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Free Skate

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Alexia, why no wear your fed jacket during the k&c?

But YASSSS EUNSOO!! Literally nothing else has gone my way this GP, so to know the dear squirtle has a bronze medal now helps the keeganmakoyunasad tears go away :dbana:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Somebody punch me or something. I'm not dreaming, am I? God did darling squirtle just win her first senior GP medal on her FIRST senior year?!!!!!!!!!!!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
aw! missed the medal but a few points but she's thrilled, and rightfully so--a new PB by 20+ points :yahoo:

And she's safely on SB list for next season :biggrin:

ETA: Errr, I might've been a little too optimistic. Still, that's a good overall score.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
As the scorer for this event I can say that not a single person had Alexia in their predictions.

Good for you Alexia, you proved everyone wrong.

I scored pairs and man - men's predictions and amount of those who put Mako 2nd made my teeth ache... Myself included:palmf:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Alexia did much better than she might have dreamed. I checked, her previous SB was 157.82, so she has really reason to be happy.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Stand out of this event was Sofia! We always expect a fight for the Russian worlds team, but this season it's coming from a couple unexpected places.

Alina seemed nervous and a little tentative to me, which is tough when you're skating a program that asks you to be strong and sharp. She was clearly the best of the field and I'm sure she'll be motivated to improve before GPF.

Happy to see the event end on such a happy note for Alexia too.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Is Evgenia close to not making the GPF? Did Mako just give her some breathing room?

I think if Sofia had gotten bronze that would have been it I think but so far if she wins or gets silver with a total score bigger than Sofia I think she should be fine?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm totally team Sofia. She has impressed me so much during this GP series.

I feel like she grew up overnight. Like last season she was fun and had cute programs I thought. This year she just looks confident and owns everyone’s attention in the building the entire time she is on the ice. I’m surprised she doesn’t score better honestly.

It was nice seeing Mishin cheerleading for her :dance:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think if Sofia had gotten bronze that would have been it I think but so far if she wins or gets silver with a total score bigger than Sofia I think she should be fine?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I think she just has to get at least silver in France.

Ziotic

Medalist
I guess this goes to show that Alina really needs to be perfect to win, and even then if Rika is clean too the odds may swing out of Alina’s favour.

neusw

On the Ice
Looks like Alina just ran out of steam at the end. Underrotations and mistakes on all 3 bonus jumps. They should really think about simplifying the choreography a bit--would make the program better and not affect her PCS all that much IMO.

rei00

Rinkside
And ladies saved the day as always, lol
I'm so so glad for Eun Soo! Got herself some gp medal at last! And Sofia made my day. And I finally liked yhat Carmen program after seeing it live.

moriel

Record Breaker
GPF thoughts:
Alina, Satoko and Liza are in, which leaves 3 spots.

We have Kaori (411,32) and Sofia (396,71) with 24 points.

Rika is in if she is 1-4th.
Konstantinova (197.57) is in if she is 1st or 2nd, and if she is 3rd, it will depend on tiebreaker.
Medvedeva (197.91) is in if she is 1st, if she is 2nd, it will depend on tiebreaker.

If Rika (30) is 1st and Stasya 2nd (26), we have Rika, Stasya, Kaori in GPF
If Rika is 1st and Zhenya 2nd (24), we have Rika in GPF, and then two of Kaori, Zhenya, Sofia (and maybe Stasya if she is 3rd). Basically, Kaori is in, and then Zhenya needs 199+ to get in.

If Rika is 2nd (28) and Zhenya is 1st, GPF will be Rika, Zhenya, Kaori (Stasya unlikely to score 214 to beat Kaori on tiebreakers)
If Rika is 2nd and Stasya (28) is 1st, then GPF is Rika, Stasya, Kaori.
If Rika is 2nd and Zhenya and Stasya 3rd or worse, GPF is Rika, Kaori and Sofia (or best between Sofia and Stasya if Stasya is 3rd).

If Rika is 3rd or 4th... She is still in.
If Zhenya wins, she is in, then last spot is either Stasya (with a silver) or Kaori.
If Stasya is 1st she is in, then last spot is between Kaori and Zhenya (if she is 2nd)
If Stasya is second and Zhenya not 1st, then Stasya and Kaori
If Zhenya is 2nd and Stasya is not 1st, then its Kaori and best between Zhenya ans Sofia.

TL;DR
Rika is in unless she doesnt skate
Zhenya is in if she scores 200 something