2018 Internationaux de France Men's Short Program | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Men's Short Program

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I just can't with rocking out to While My Guitar Gently Weeps . I wish they'd gone with another song. But that's not his fault. He still performs it pretty well.

It is better when Brezina does it to "Thunderstruck" IMHO.

Poor Jin though. He seems like a slow starter.

Danny T

Medalist
Boyang :sad21:

I still don't understand why he stayed so long on that LBO edge? Then he got too close to the boards and hesitated the take-off noooo :drama:

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
..Don't know how I feel about Jason leading by that much with a quadless program.

Well, jumps are only a fraction of the score and sloppiness shouldn't be rewarded over well-executed elements that cover every aspect of skating (not just the jumps though Jason's were extremely well done) including spins, steps, and skating skills, so I feel pretty good about it.

And OUCH, Jin got hammered on that score, but hey...them's the breaks.

IloveFS

Rinkside
Good for Jason for going clean, but a program with no quads should not beat a program that had two quads! Talk about over scored. At this point, it's better for Aliev to just stick with triples, if the judges are going to award quadless programs with SP scores over 90!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Why is Boyang still skating so close to the boards?

He should've taken the offer to go training with Orser.

LaArdilla

Medalist
I just turned in and what do I see? Jason in the lead and Nathan in third? This GP series is the gift that keeps giving, the most unpredictable things happen!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
..Don't know how I feel about Jason leading by that much with a quadless program.

I feel fantastic over it, I'd rather see a masterpiece of a program with well executed triples than jerky looking quad landings.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Boyang needs just bigger arena. It often seems the his is surprised by the border.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I hope he has a better day tomorrow, probably not easy getting to France from China then skating the day after... :slink:
I have such a soft spot for Boyang because his technique is so textbook, very few people do it right.
That said... I can't agree with the pcs for him or samarin, too high.