2018 Internationaux de France Men's Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Men's Short Program

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Boyang's tech is a bit iffy at the moment, but man the performance and interpretation have just come on leaps and bounds from when he first appeared in Seniors.

Now please stop flirting with the boards. They are NOT going to return your affection.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Good for Jason for going clean, but a program with no quads should not beat a program that had two quads! Talk about over scored. At this point, it's better for Aliev to just stick with triples, if the judges are going to award quadless programs with SP scores over 90!

If Aliev's skating skills and spins are superb enough, than yah. But his aren't, so too bad.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Boyang always gets the best Stuffies. He had a huge Darth Vader one last year or the year before.

frida80

Record Breaker
..Don't know how I feel about Jason leading by that much with a quadless program.

Jason has scored in the 90s before the new scoring system because of the quality of his spins and footwork. This isn't a surprising score from him. But the new scoring system punishes people for bad jumps. Before you could rely on the BV. Now, you have to land them and do it well.

Danny T

Medalist
I'm just super, super stoked for Jason! :yahoo: He's such a sunshine guy, it's been terrible to see him so disappointed after bad skates. Now finally, and leading after the short too!

(I don't expect this to continue in the free, but still!!!)

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Legit laughing out loud at people thinking quads are the be all and end all of skating instead of...you know...the actual skating.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Wow, I think nobody expected This outcome today [emoji3]

Very Happy for Jason, he was definitely the best today and deserves to be 1st. I would have Samarin even 2/3 points lower, they were quite generous with his PCS.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Jason has scored in the 90s before the new scoring system because of the quality of his spins and footwork. This isn't a surprising score from him. But the new scoring system punishes people for bad jumps. Before you could rely on the BV. Now, you have to land them and do it well.

Yes but those jumps today were light and effortless and gorgeous.

You know Tracy is thinking, See Brian? Told you so!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good for Jason for going clean, but a program with no quads should not beat a program that had two quads! Talk about over scored

What? Are you crazy? Did you not see the stunning quality of everything Jason did that he got showered in properly deserved GOEs? And the level 4s? Do what you do well and the judges will give you your just rewards. Jason's SP was exactly what the new GOEs were designed for, to reward quality skating instead of sloppy attempts at harder things.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
If Aliev's skating skills and spins are superb enough, than yah. But his aren't, so too bad.

I actually really like Aliev's skating skills but Jason is on another level and deserves his marks for PCS.

But Jason is in first because Nathan fell. I may not be a big fan of Nathan's but he would be in first if had been clean.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Jason was stunning live. STUNNING. :love:

Romain, Kevin and Deniss were the other standouts. What skates! And what an interesting final group :cheer: