2018 Internationaux de France Men's Short Program | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Men's Short Program

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Despite the fact that I was supporting Plushy back in 2010 with the quad dispute, Jason's score is absolutely fair. With quads he would rival Yuzuru with scores around 110. He is that good!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I wish people would stop with the “Boyang should have gone to Orser” gloating

Especially since it’s been done to death and Boyang has made it clear he’s not going to say more about that. We don’t even know if that was a real thing.

IloveFS

Rinkside
If Aliev's skating skills and spins are superb enough, than yah. But his aren't, so too bad.

Dmitri has beautiful skating skills, his spins however do need more work. I don't think he has enough time to work on his spins, since unlike Jason, he actually tries to do quads.

Danny T

Medalist
..Don't know how I feel about Jason leading by that much with a quadless program.

Well ... next time you can tell Samarin to actually skate and spin better and land his jumps with flow then. Problem solved!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Dmitri has beautiful skating skills, his spins however do need more work. I don't think he has enough time to work on his spins, since unlike Jason, he actually tries to do quads.

Well that's his call. Every skater focuses on balancing the system and maximizing points according to their strengths.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker

Yeah... about those quads... Dima never had an actual 4Lz.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
What? Are you crazy? Did you not see the stunning quality of everything Jason did that he got showered in properly deserved GOEs? And the level 4s? Do what you do well and the judges will give you your just rewards. Jason's SP was exactly what the new GOEs were designed for, to reward quality skating instead of sloppy attempts at harder things.

THIS!

Jason rightfully deserves to be in the lead END OF!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Ah, OK. Didn't know this one is Olympic-sized.

I think it has to be in order to hold a ISU event.

It’s frustrating for Chen to fall on a flip but it be got faith he’ll pull it together for tomorrow. It could have been worse.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Jason in 1st place just cured my heartache over Dmitri, now I can watch the RD without being stressed out. I'd love to see him on podium, but you never bet anything with the men (unless it's Yuzuru, but only if he hasn't nearly snapped his ankle off)...

s_parks

Record Breaker

??? What kind of troll reasoning is this lmao

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Despite the fact that I was supporting Plushy back in 2010 with the quad dispute, Jason's score is absolutely fair. With quads he would rival Yuzuru with scores around 110. He is that good!

That would be a truly interesting competition. If Jason had Yuzuru's technical content would rival him for the top of the podium.. Maybe.

I think that is what makes Hanyu so special. He is the compete package and when it puts it all together no one can argue that he is the best and should win.

IloveFS

Rinkside
Which is why I believe the new scoring system will limit the athleticism of figure skating...or at least set it back. Skaters should not be afraid to try and land new jump in competitions, because they know that the judges will rip them into pieces if they are not perfect.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
That would be a truly interesting competition. If Jason had Yuzuru's technical content would rival him for the top of the podium.. Maybe..

I can see this. I love Hanyu, but Browns carriage, extension, spins, skating skills, are in a class of their own. He makes me think of Cizeron.

badknees

Medalist
I feel fantastic over it, I'd rather see a masterpiece of a program with well executed triples than jerky looking quad landings.

absolutely! It's FIGURE skating not JUMP skating. I think they should bring back doing figures since it's figure skating!!