Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yeah, this is unnecessary for a FanFest. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of upvotes in the Russian ladies thread, though.

Good point. No need for that in her FF. I am pretty sure Stasya is alot better at what she does than Liam is at what he does. Lol. Maybe Liam is consistent and went into Meds Fan Fest and mocked her when she bombed several times this season. But on second thought probably not that would not have been taken well by the regulars in there.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Arent figure skater short programs easier to perfect and do well in than their long programs are? With Stasys its just the opposite.

I think it’s an individual thing and Stasya is just a long program skater. And another reason could be that her Anna Karenina program is familiar and she knows it well. I think she‘ll make an awesome comeback. Even if it might not be enough for a medal, I hope for her that she can end this competition on a positive note and with a FS she can be satisfied with.

She‘s in 11th place. Realistically, her chances at a medal are small but not completely gone. The skaters in front of her aren‘t exactly known for their consistency either whereas Stasya has had a very good and stable long this season. And not only at Nationals!! I believe she can do it. And I very much hope so because it was hard to see her cry like this today.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Good point. No need for that in her FF. I am pretty sure Stasya is alot better at what she does than Liam is at what he does. Lol. Maybe Liam is consistent and went into Meds Fan Fest and mocked her when she bombed several times this season. But on second thought probably not that would not have been taken well by the regulars in there.

Could we please just stop this? You don‘t need to shame the user, just tell that it‘s not necessary or report the post. And no skater should be shamed for bombing (or anything else) and I think it’s only natural that no fanfest would appreciate it.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Could we please just stop this? You don‘t need to shame the user, just tell that it‘s not necessary or report the post. And no skater should be shamed for bombing (or anything else) and I think it’s only natural that no fanfest would appreciate it.

I could but I didnt. I should be better than that and I apologize to Liam. But don't go into someone's Fan Fest and bury them. Especially when you're not a fan of that skater and she just had the worst moments of her career.

As for Stasya lets hope she as a really nice free skate and enjoys the moment. This beautiful girl gets dumped on more than any figure skater I've seen since Adelina and that's frustrating to me.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I could but I didnt. I should be better than that and I apologize to Liam. But don't go into someone's Fan Fest and bury them. Especially when you're not a fan of that skater and she just had the worst moments of her career.

As for Stasya lets hope she as a really nice free skate and enjoys the moment. This beautiful girl gets dumped on more than any figure skater I've seen since Adelina and that's frustrating to me.

I absolutely agree that we shouldn‘t bury any skater. Never, not even in The Edge But especially not in a fanfest and not after such a bad moment. Seeing her cry like this was hard. She wanted it so much, her going for the 3T after the 3F shows that.

Stasya is a beautiful skater. She has improved a lot since last season. Especially her posture in jumps, while not perfect, is a lot better. I like her skating skills and she has a nice presence on the ice too. She‘s also a very likeable girl, she always seems nice and polite. She has been having solid free skates this season and she‘s familiar with her Anna Karenina. I think she can absolutely do it, the only thing she needs to do is to stay calm. She‘s done it before, she can do it again. I wish her all the best. Medal or not, in the end the most important thing is that she has a skate she can be proud of. :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
Her SP ruined her chances. Glad she did much better today in the FS. She's also not going to get a big score skating in the second-to-last group.

xochie

Spectator
Congrats Stasya on coming second in the FS! :luv17: It wasn't a perfect redemption, but still a really great one. I will always adore this girl no matter what anyone else says.
I was watching with British Eurosport commentary and they were super complementary of her skating skills (and everything else as well) that they kept on coming back to her after the next two skaters' programs, saying that their basic skating suffers when compared to how good Stasya was. It made me really happy to see some commentators (heck, some people in general) actually acknowledge her nice skating skills.
Anyway, she looked a lot more relaxed and happy today and seems to have found her confidence again, so I hope she's not too upset about how the short program went. Hopefully she still gets to go to Universiade!

rachno2

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Stanislava on a great free. I think that was the most I have ever enjoyed that program. There was an ease to the way she skated today.

Her ability to consistently come back after disapppintment, combined with her great basics, gives me hope for the future.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Very proud of Stasya for her mental toughness in being able to put the short behind her and achieving second place in the free!:love: Too bad she had a momentary lapse in concentration with the Lutz, because that was likely the difference between third and fourth. She has speed and power, great skating skills, big jumps (and improving on posture in the landings), and lovely expression and presence, especially in her AK program. And she not only survived puberty, having grown almost three inches in the last couple years, but is getting better with each season. I’m glad the judges recognize her qualities even if a lot of arm-chair judges don’t.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Very proud of Stasya for her mental toughness in being able to put the short behind her and achieving second place in the free!:love: Too bad she had a momentary lapse in concentration with the Lutz, because that was likely the difference between third and fourth. She has speed and power, great skating skills, big jumps (and improving on posture in the landings), and lovely expression and presence, especially in her AK program. And she not only survived puberty, having grown almost three inches in the last couple years, but is getting better with each season. I’m glad the judges recognize her qualities even if a lot of arm-chair judges don’t.

She almost medalled? Wow. Stasya will have to be better next year and reduce her mistakes even more because the competition in Russia will be even tougher next season. Stasya missed medaling at Nationals and Europeans by very little. What a shame.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Looks like a Russian Blue

Shes so beautiful! What is it with Russian girls and cats? ;)

Unique cat perhaps on the Irska level of beauty which is not very high! Lol! On second thought Stasyas cat is better looking than Irska. :love:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Scott512

Record Breaker
Interview with Stanislava in English:

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019...stent-skating-at-winter-world-university-game

I've been thinking if things get really tough next season, could she switch to Finland, hasn't she got Finnish grandparents?
What? Wow. I think Stasya loves Russia too much to switch countries. But some Russian girls may choose to do just and I wouldn't blame any of them.

Good interview. I hope. SK can learn 3A. But I wonder if she's too tall to develope 3A. All ladies who do them are short.