2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 857 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Can we stop for a moment and appreciate the fact that apart from the medals and the diploma, the girls were also awarded with lovely flower wreaths? I personally love the idea, I think they should do it at EVERY competition.

Liza looked gorgeous with hers.
GPF vibes here :)

Yeah it’s nice. I’m glad they skated well but only one spot. Who will be at Worlds and WTT ?

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
About Stasya K and Masha S going to Universiade, has it occurred to anyone that they were chosen because Zhenya and Liza do not want to compete there? They have both been having problems this season, Zhenya with her technique and Liza with pneumonia, but Liza and Zhenya were both former WC champions and they both have hopes of being named to the Worlds team now. I don't think they would go through the stress and media scrutiny of the Cup Final to settle for a second tier consolation prize.

Universiade is not Worlds, not even close.

Alina's Worlds spot is not in question. She has said that she will be Worlds in an interview. Rusfed has implicitly confirmed this by not adding her to the Cup Final roster. You can question it if you want, but ultimately this is Rusfed's decision and no matter if it is because Alina is the highest scoring lady they have or because she is popular in Japan, they are keeping her.

I also think that Liza and Zhenia have more chance to be at worlds and it’s a major competition.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Maya Khromykh made my day. I was laughing for a couple of minutes. I never thought that Russia's having only 3 tenses versus a multitude in English may be an issue. Yes, we have just past, present, and future. Now, the journalist wants to hear when Maya started with Khrustalny. She asks:

"Скажи, как долго ты тренируешься в Хрустальном?" - She wants to ask: how long have you been training in Krustalny? But in Russian it is same as "For how long do you train in Khrustalny?"

And Maya answers: "Я тренируюсь каждый день" - "I train every day".

The journalist cuts her: "Нет, нет, с какого времени?" - "No, no, since what time?" And Maya answers: "Ну где-то с 10 утра до 6 вечера": "Well, something like from 10 a.m. till 6 p.m."

The journalist does not give up: "А лет?" - "And years?" But "лет" in Russian sound similar to "летом" "in the summer". Unless Maya practices some Jesuitical level of trolling she did not understand that it was "лет" rather than "летом" and answered: "Летом две, ну где-то две с половиной недели отпуска, а потом сборы в Новогорске" "Well in the summer two, two and and half weeks of vacation and the the camp in Novogorsk".

The journalist had to start from the very beginning. Brilliant :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=100&v=-VaoT1T_4aM

icybear

Medalist
Are RusFed not sending Elizaveta to Universaide cause they already want to send Evgenia to Worlds and they dont want Elizaveta to win Universiade and make their decision look absurd.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
But you are forgeting that Sofia was the one benefiting the most of Lizas injury/not competing at Russian nats. If Tutk was competing there she would probably have been sent at Euros together with Konstantinova and Alina (who both placed higher than Sofia there), and Sofia would not be at Euros in first place. Sending her to Worlds would be dependable of skating here against Zhenya and Konstantinova and im not sure she would have won. Nothing against Sofia, but knowing the facts how she got a chance to compete at Euros in first place, and her average score of this season, im not so sure she is the best choice... I think both Alina and Liza are, and the third spot should be result of Sofia and Zhenya's duel...

Maybe the outcome would be different but you can’t re write history. It’s a pity for Liza but Sofia is a good skater, she remembers me of Alina last year, being consistent and better for each competition.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Maya Khromykh made my day. I was laughing for a couple of minutes. I never thought that Russia's having only 3 tenses versus a multitude in English may be an issue. Yes, we have just past, present, and future. Now, the journalist wants to hear when Maya started with Khrustalny. She asks:

"Скажи, как долго ты тренируешься в Хрустальном?" - She wants to ask: how long have you been training in Krustalny? But in Russian it is same as "For how long do you train in Khrustalny?"

The journalist cuts her: "Нет, нет, с какого времени?" - "No, no, since what time?" And Maya answers: "Ну где-то с 10 утра до 6 вечера": "Well, something like from 10 a.m. till 6 p.m."

The journalist does not give up: "А лет?" - "And years?" But "лет" in Russian sound similar to "летом" "in the summer". Unless Maya practices some Jesuitical level of trolling she did not understand that it was "лет" rather than "летом" and answered: "Летом две, ну где-то две с половиной недели отпуска, а потом сборы в Новогорске" "Well in the summer two, two and and half weeks of vacation and the the camp in Novogorsk".

That's awesome :rofl2:

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Are RusFed not sending Elizaveta to Universaide cause they already want to send Evgenia to Worlds and they dont want Elizaveta to win Universiade and make their decision look absurd.

Na I think Rusfed wants to send both at worlds and WTT

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France

Good :laugh::laugh:

Manitou

Medalist
Even though I like Alina, I think it would be beneficial in the long term for Russian skating if Alina stayed home and Zhenya and Liza went to the Worlds. Eteri should receive a very strong message that her complete inability to train a mature skater is not acceptable. Alina is regressing rapidly and that should be addressed. And Eteri should get the message.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker

Hilarious! And thanks for introducing a new word to me.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Even though I like Alina, I think it would be beneficial in the long term for Russian skating if Alina stayed home and Zhenya and Liza went to the Worlds. Eteri should receive a very strong message that her complete inability to train a mature skater is not acceptable. Alina is regressing rapidly and that should be addressed. And Eteri should get the message.

But do you think it‘s fair to use a 16 year old girl to send a message to her coach?

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia

What is the logic here? Or just to say something anti Eteri again?

Seruleane

Final Flight
Just don’t engage. The Russian ladies thread ironically has become a hotbed for posters who seem to hate on many of the Russian ladies. I don’t see anything like this on the other ladies figure skating threads.

icybear

Medalist

Sorry but Worlds spots arent for sending messages but for getting medals.

sx98423

On the Ice

lol i would say that lilbet rotating a quad in competition makes it seem like eteri knows exactly what she's doing with senior skaters. everything alina has said points to mental not physical issues with competition, that's not really an issue eteri has the power to fix

malya

On the Ice
Can't sleep, read a TAT Interview. Irks.

I don't doubt the team is already set - please announce, I don't even care who. It's more about arguing about your favourites in a realityTV show than FS at this point anyways.

Most likely team scenario imho:
Sofia/Alina/Liza or Sofia/Alina/Zhenya with the other as the first alternate and Sofia get's sick shortly before the competition.

Might also be:
Sofia/Alina/Liza with Zhenya stepping back to end her season on a high because she realized she is not competitive for gold at worlds at her current state and she wants to come back in top shape and as a top contender.

I really wanted to see Zhenya vs Mai vs Lilbet at Universiade next week meh :/
Tuktik not going is understandable she must be exhausted and said dropping out was Mishins decicion. Now Mr Liza has to go alone...

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France

Na Alina bombed her world competition in a worst way falling three times, I think she wants to medal this time and it’s her chance to redeem herself. Honestly, Eteri will not change her method but I think with Alina’s last result at Euro I hope she will put less pressure

Artemisa

Final Flight
Well... After cup of russia ... who will be part of WT... I really think every options are viable...

Alina --> olympic champion ... even after her failure in the europeans ... it's the only that with a clean program can truly win another clean program ---> but I think she needs a break ... it will be a bold choice not sending her
Medvedeva --> she is rising ... well I think one more competition in russia and she will be back with her consistency ... Even with falls she will get PCS .. and with a clean program she will medal ... and she is a fighter ... If she is not nominate it's still good for her because her last competition was a win ...
Liza --> she is the only one with a 3A ... bad luck being sick ... well ... she deserves the spot but medvedeva beat her ... and that's the problem ...
Sofia --> she got lucky winning the european championship ... and for that she deserves a spot ... but she never felt the pressure of being someone that can medal or win ... how she will respond to that .... and she probably even with a 2 clean programs will not win ...

So my dream team would be ... Liza, Medvedeva and Alina ( sorry sofia but i wish a battle of queens) ... i think it will be the better choice ... we will have a Orser vs Eteri ... and probably a better Medvedeva ... and a fight Alina vs Medvedeva puts less pressure in Liza ...

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
lol i would say that lilbet rotating a quad in competition makes it seem like eteri knows exactly what she's doing with senior skaters. everything alina has said points to mental not physical issues with competition, that's not really an issue eteri has the power to fix

Looking at Liza tursynbaeva doing quad and almost nailed it, yes we can tell she’s doing fine with seniors.