2019 World Junior Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2019 World Junior Championships Ladies Free Skate

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Kudos to the fierce gold/silver medalists!

Lots of congrats also to Ting for bronze!

kalee

On the Ice
Happy for Sasha that she successfully defended her title -- should give her a morale boost going into seniors. I think it's a fair result given that Sasha had the successful quad toe combo (1 failed quad + 1 successful quad in combo) vs. Anna's 1 landed 4 Lz. Either way, these two are really making a statement going into seniors!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Why is Anna S more deserving of the win than Sasha? I mean, I am biased, but Sasha did land two clean quads (one in combination). And while I know Sasha isn't the most fairly scored in PCS you can't say Anna S is 100% deserving of the highest PCS here (it should be Shiraiwa Yuna, her skating is a senior's), and Sasha isn't a jumping machine like people consider her to be. She does have musicality, although not in spades it's not like she's a jumping robot. I don't really get it :slink:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Aaaw she's disappointed, but she should be proud of herself delivering like that. Do think both girls was scored very generously on PCS. Oh well, congrats to all medalist. Does Japan still have 3 spots for next year? (8+4 = 12 <13 ?)

Noup. Both Japan and Korea missed that for one placement. But USA got 3 spots. Canada also got 2.

frida80

Record Breaker
Tom Z is probably feeling pretty proud right now. Even though Camden fell part yesterday he still walks away with three small medals and the First Ladies bronze since Gracie.

Something told me that Ting would be fine today. With maybe just a fall on her flip because that exactly what happened when I saw her at sectionals. It's like that meltdown forced her to focus and keep it together. I'm enjoying watching her grow as a skater. I'm pretty sure I'll won't see her at a sectional competition again. Geez... she was so close. I wish I had a chance to wish her luck. I'm glad she gets to end this season with a personal victory!

Fluture

Record Breaker
While not a fan of either of them, Trusova was just jump to jump while at least Shcherbakova showed that she was committed to performing her program today. Don't understand some of those GOEs Trusova got. Shcherbakova should have won.

Well, Anna did get a few questionable GOEs too and both were overscored on PCS in relation to other skaters. But Anna should be way higher than Sasha in everything other than skating skills. Sasha has a good SP where she actually shows performance besides jumps. But her FS is just jump, jump, jump. Anna, on the other hand, has two great programs and shows performance and musicality in both. I think Anna should have been ahead but it was pretty clear when Sasha landed the second quad that she wouldn't. But at least Anna's got a small gold medal from the SP.

I'm still missing Alena here, though.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Actually quite disappointed with the scoring at the competition, particularly in the PCS. Trusova getting such high PCS for a program that was focused on the jumps (and rightly so, she had a difficult layout), and skaters like Yuna got severely underscored.

This is not to shade the skaters, because they only control what they do on the ice. This is directed towards the judges because I can't even comprehend their thoughts while they're scoring.

While not a fan of either of them, Trusova was just jump to jump while at least Shcherbakova showed that she was committed to performing her program today. Don't understand some of those GOEs Trusova got. Shcherbakova should have won.

Higher, faster, stronger. It's a new day in ladies' figure skating. Anna's program was wonderful. But ...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
sasha is becoming less consistent tied in the fact with puberty tho....we shall see.

Less consistent? Three quad attemts, two succesful is not "less consistent". In JGP final she did two and none clean, from that perspective she is "regaining consistency" :laugh:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
If I think only who were most enjoyable to watch, they were Ting, Kseniia and Yuna. Alexandra has good quads and lot´s of acting, but I miss something. I do not know what it is, something is just missing compared to these three and also Anna. One reason is I am more fun of beautiful and clean skating than acting, during competitions. I am not big fan of galas either, so that may explain a lot.