Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 302 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Bcash

Final Flight
Gabriella and Guillaume will take part in two stages of the Stars on Ice 2019 tour: april 28 (Ottawa), May 1 (Laval)
https://www.starsonice.ca/
I hope we will have videos! I am very happy that they participate in galas in North America, their popularity can only increase. And in 2020, the worlds are in... ??? Montreal! :)

I hope they have new ex programs. It’s been years since they last had a memorable one.

Roast Toast

Medalist
I think they're not sure where to go to now that they've realized Chouinard's choreo doesn't work for them. Imo they should just have Romain create something fun for them!

BlueOrange

On the Ice
Thanks for the information. I couldn't believe my eyes. Ice dance or figure skating in general don't get much coverage on French TV. I'm very happy for her :yahoo:

Whiteboredom

Rinkside
Hey guys !

Since Worlds are coming next week and that we can hardly restrain our excitement, I just wanted to do a little something for us to patiently wait...
I made a new "editing video" (as I like to call them), revisiting some of P/C choreos (old and current) and playing different types of music upon them to make them look brand new (I know, a bit arrogant, it might be not the right way to put it, since they're perfect and unique as they are...But I just want to enhance all the potentialities of their skating and different pieces of music can unravel so many things!)

So yeah, if you're interested in the idea, here's the link to my new YT video:

Bellini, Lully and Poulenc are the composers that I chose:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uaMyfCbmJNU

I had also made one, a few months ago, using Purcell, Wagner (sorry, the cut are so rough for Wagner, but it's so difficult to edit) and Stravinsky:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq-tBucnTb0

I did my best with the editing, but of course it can never be perfect...
I deliberately chose composers who are almost never used in icedancing. It makes it all more interesting. My whole point is to show that Gabi and Guillaume could actually use a wide répertoire.

You can also find some extracts on my Instagram account: @novembreflaubertien

Enjoy (and let me know about it ;-) )

<3

1904sk8

On the Ice
Hey guys !

Since Worlds are coming next week and that we can hardly restrain our excitement, I just wanted to do a little something for us to patiently wait...
I made a new "editing video" (as I like to call them), revisiting some of P/C choreos (old and current) and playing different types of music upon them to make them look brand new (I know, a bit arrogant, it might be not the right way to put it, since they're perfect and unique as they are...But I just want to enhance all the potentialities of their skating and different pieces of music can unravel so many things!)

So yeah, if you're interested in the idea, here's the link to my new YT video:

Bellini, Lully and Poulenc are the composers that I chose:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uaMyfCbmJNU

I had also made one, a few months ago, using Purcell, Wagner (sorry, the cut are so rough for Wagner, but it's so difficult to edit) and Stravinsky:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq-tBucnTb0

I did my best with the editing, but of course it can never be perfect...
I deliberately chose composers who are almost never used in icedancing. It makes it all more interesting. My whole point is to show that Gabi and Guillaume could actually use a wide répertoire.

You can also find some extracts on my Instagram account: @novembreflaubertien

Enjoy (and let me know about it ;-) )

<3

I watched and they were amazing, thank you for taking the time to make them

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Now time for nickpicking. Not a huge fan of the rotational lift in the FD but I thought at least the "open-arm" position looked more exciting than the one they did at Europeans. Was it because he felt a tiny loss of balance and wanted to make sure they complete it without mishaps? The transition from that to the character step sequence is still very empty. They basically skated away from the judges and skated back, on two feet. Also the diagonal step sequence still looks very empty towards the end. There was also some traveling on the opening stationary lift, which was probably why the judges didn't give them +5s.
I absolutely hope both arms will be off on Saturday. It looked really great in France, I loved it both from the elementary part as the meaning it has in the program. God, please let them not have changed that!

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Is "I love it, I am such a party goer" really something so terrible that you reacted in such a way ?
Bless you Laura. I was quite certain I heard "dirty wh*re" somewhere there... Must be my dirty mind I have to work on.
Thank you eternally. I take everything back!

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
"Yes indeed. Aubergine it is!" (Gotlev)

I am not a big fan ... It looks like a big plum onesie!:slink:
:laugh:
You're allowed to not like that kind of stuff.
There's something 70s about it... When everybody looked at the same time cool and totally ridiculous! :rofl:

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Listening to Joe Inman's interview with The Skating Lesson had me watching P/C's Olympic FD again. (Inman said he felt they were never ever off the music and mentioned "intellect" in P/C's choreo, which is a great point I think.) Interestingly I found it to be more impactful than I remembered, especially from the Presto section onward. I think this program and this performance will both age very well.

Another observation is that I really prefer many of the original choreography that later got changed. I really loved their Finladia performance, for example, where at the end of the circular step sequence, they returned to that straight arm-linking move that first appeared right after the twizzles, more coherent and original than any of the "dance-holds" that ice dancers are "supposed to" perform. The end of the diagonal sequence, both the Finlandia version and the CoC and IdF version are better than the Olympics version I feel, more together with the percussive rhythm of the score. Were the changes made to accommodate the rules/maximize the points? Because they definitely took out steps rather than adding in.
That fall made Finlandia a bummer, but apart from that, I also preferred the version they skated there. Sometimes I wonder who makes these changes and if they look at themselves enough on video. They probably do, and all the time, but it really is weird that sometimes things that are really looking great get changed into less exciting steps. Maybe we should have some say in it all, what'ya think Bcash? There must be space left for some extra 'program optimization coaches' at Gadbois? We probably don't need to be paid much. Food and simple lodgings will do. MF? Patch? Anybody on board here?

oakandbirch

On the Ice
Listening to Joe Inman's interview with The Skating Lesson had me watching P/C's Olympic FD again. (Inman said he felt they were never ever off the music and mentioned "intellect" in P/C's choreo, which is a great point I think.) Interestingly I found it to be more impactful than I remembered, especially from the Presto section onward. I think this program and this performance will both age very well.

Another observation is that I really prefer many of the original choreography that later got changed. I really loved their Finladia performance, for example, where at the end of the circular step sequence, they returned to that straight arm-linking move that first appeared right after the twizzles, more coherent and original than any of the "dance-holds" that ice dancers are "supposed to" perform. The end of the diagonal sequence, both the Finlandia version and the CoC and IdF version are better than the Olympics version I feel, more together with the percussive rhythm of the score. Were the changes made to accommodate the rules/maximize the points? Because they definitely took out steps rather than adding in.
Same!!! And also this year's RD.

Bcash

Final Flight
That fall made Finlandia a bummer, but apart from that, I also preferred the version they skated there. Sometimes I wonder who makes these changes and if they look at themselves enough on video. They probably do, and all the time, but it really is weird that sometimes things that are really looking great get changed into less exciting steps. Maybe we should have some say in it all, what'ya think Bcash? There must be space left for some extra 'program optimization coaches' at Gadbois? We probably don't need to be paid much. Food and simple lodgings will do. MF? Patch? Anybody on board here?

Rotating consultants from the fandom!