Alexandra Trusova | Page 75 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
You will find more of a wordplay between "TRUSlivaya" and "SMELAYA" (brave, fearless) - quite often used as additional name for Sasha ( among Russian FS fans)
Brave one? A new nick name by Russian fans? Oh, now that make sense.;) Since her lastname can vaguely used as a wordplay for cowardness. Though she stated in her recent interview she is not afraid of quad jumps, but there are few things she is frightened of. Like some amusement park rides she won't dare to go or riding dirt-bike or snowmobile with her dad, because he is speeding wildly. Although apparently she is comfortable of riding motorcycle or quad bike by herself. She stated she rides her electro-scouter at 45 kmh (28mph). Oh, well, she is a perfect Russian redneck then, in a good way of course. Could be a Russian Tonya Harding in a way. But with manners, modesty and shyness. Although I hope her shyness is just a natural teenagery one and that will pass soon enough. :)

Sasha and motorized vehicles, oh my. SMH

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
A new nick name ...Nope. This appeared after the first attempts at quad in 17. But keep in mind: if you use "SMELAYA" in a conversation with a Russian FS fan, everyone will understand who you are talking about, and you will also immediately be identified as Sasha fan.
Something like a " tiny boss" if you say here. :)

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Such irony in her name. When I try to describe her to friends who don't follow figure skating, I always say that she is the bravest girl on the planet :)

Giltedge

Final Flight
This article in today's business online is an interview with Olga Ryabenko, talking about Anna's and Sasha's new costumes for their new gala exhibition programmes.

She talks about having only a couple of weeks to create them, finishing them the day they left for Zagreb, and about the inspiration behind them. Sasha's black-and-white costume, inspired by the music choice, was more Olga's idea, while Anna's geisha-to-samurai costume idea came from Eteri/Anna.

http://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/236068

Sasha's harlequin costume works brilliantly under the dazzly-gloomy exhibition conditions, highlighting her movements and positions perfectly :laugh:

Olga (as always) deserves a medal.

:clapper:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
So apparently no mainstream television appearances for Trusova and Shcherbakova after their successful Junior World Championships?
Well, a little rest will do both girls good I suppose ...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sasha has just crossed the sound barrier. She has received 104.58 for TES in her FP on Spartakiad.

:dbana::dbana::dbana:

Her complete score for FP is 176.90 and total score 254.33. Can she represent Russia in men category?