Alexandra Trusova | Page 74 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

tempo

On the Ice
“I am unstoppable today
I am invincible”

quite appropriate for the double Junior World Champion,
Aleksandra “The Quadster” Trusova in ‘soot ‘n chalk’ space buns performing to Sia in her once off exhibition routine.

Tutberidze’s Aces are unstoppable indeed, engaging each other in a quad battle after the rounds of goodbyes:)

How pity that cameraman didn't show us all their attempts. I hope to watch fancam videos later :rolleye:

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
What a cool program. Sasha seemed to have so much fun. The split jump to immediate 3T took me by surprise. :cool:

How pity that cameraman didn't show us all their attempts. I hope to watch fancam videos later :rolleye:

The camera work was sooooo bad at Junior Worlds... :rolleye:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
What a cool program. Sasha seemed to have so much fun. The split jump to immediate 3T took me by surprise. :cool:

The camera work was sooooo bad at Junior Worlds... :rolleye:

Indeed, so much autofocus out of focus, boom cam often too high and wide.
Heads and/or feet cut off.

Oh well, at least we’ve got live and complete coverage, including warm ups and medal ceremonies for which I am grateful.

Now it’s off to Japan where we’ll most likely won’t see any quads in the Ladies FS.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Indeed, so much autofocus out of focus, boom cam often too high and wide.
Heads and/or feet cut off.

Oh well, at least we’ve got live and complete coverage, including warm ups and medal ceremonies for which I am grateful.

Now it’s off to Japan where we’ll most likely won’t see any quads in the Ladies FS.

One word.

Lilbet.

(With apologies to Sasha's thread.)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
What’s up next for Trusova?
Are there still junior competitions she has already been assigned too?
Will she, or rather her club, accept some exhibitions, promotions or commercials featuring their World Championships medalists?

Obviously, there is still a year of school to finish, before Aleksandra has her well deserved summer break at home where her Quad is waiting to be driven again.

Her first senior assignments are probably in about half a year. Girls her age can change considerably in that time span, especially when relaxing too long and too much.
Will she keep training at around 90% intensity to maintain her present physical strength and condition, trying to keep the natural process of growing into a woman under control? Without her quads Aleksandra is still a skater of formidable prowess, but much less a standout in technical merit and scoring potential.

A lot depends on Aleksandra’s self discipline, her parents motivation and her trainers wisdom and tactical choices.
She is made from The Right Stuff obviously, and a fierce athlete for sure. Will she remain the undisputed Quadster of her generation?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Thanks !!!

Tutberidze's Awesome Aces at play, and no other skater dared to join in the quad battle ;-)

Just rewatched the gale performance, Aleksandra could hardly hold back her grin when she was announced in the gala, revealing her outfit and hair. Her eyes just sparkled with mischief for pulling this stunt :)

That huge sideways split leap into triple, holding that >90 degrees cantilever for half the rink's length, that huge flying camel spin combo, she is remarkably athletic and has such fun showing off her power moves.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Full version (in Russian) of her last interview https://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/4313-a...-potomu-chto-vsego-ostalnogo-dobyus-sama.html
I can't translate it now (I'm at work :p) but some points are:

- 4T is the easiest quad for her. Even when she goes back to training after holidays, she can jump it right away.
- Advertising of Ryazan's dairy plant was her dad's idea. She agreed, and now they have a lot of milk. Adidas is fun. Sportswear, sneakers, which are not yet on sale. Different projects. That is intriguing.
- Favorite fairy tale character is... (you know, guys) Rapunzel :laugh:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing this really nice interview.
Both the journalist and Aleksandra know and trust each other, so there you get nice questions and honest answers that actually tell a story.

Some quotes:
q: "If you could make three wishes, what would they be?"
A: "I don't know. I'd rather wish for my whole family to live a long life. I'll take care of the rest myself."

q: "If you were to be dropped on a desert island, which 3 things would you take with you? "
A: "Tina, mum and my telephone."
q: "And your skates?"
A: "Where would I skate?" (smartest answer, LOL)

q: "Why is Tina so important to you?"
A: "She is important because she helps me to feel like at home, when I am living in a hotel room."
q: "Tina is just your favourite pet, or is there more to her?"
A: "To Tina I talk, and probably think about her as a little child,
Mum always tells me 'she is just a dog, and you carry her about everywhere you go',
so indeed I take her with me and dress her in different costumes."

The Quadster is a character for sure.

She sometimes cries in training when things don't go to plan, but she'll get angry with herself when she cannot master the skill.

Apparently Aleksandra also drives a snow scooter and motorcycle at home (an off-road I presume), she is not afraid to drive the bikes alone, but she is afraid when she rides behind her dad as a passenger.
She also is afraid of some fairground rides, but enjoys the others.

Aleksandra, Anna Shcherbakova, Daniil Samsonov and Yegor Rukhin will travel to the Winter Spartakiada in Saransk,
I suppose they'll skate there, March 21-26: https://fsrussia.ru/calendar.html#mart
More info: https://www.fsrussia.ru/sorevnovani...-uchashchikhsya-yunosheskaya-rossii-2019.html
and http://fcpsr.ru/sobytiya/1879-02-fevralya-26-marta-2019-goda.html no start lists yet.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Aleksandra, Anna Shcherbakova, Daniil Samsonov and Yegor Rukhin will travel to the Winter Spartakiada in Saransk,
I suppose they'll skate there, March 21-26: https://fsrussia.ru/calendar.html#mart
More info: https://www.fsrussia.ru/sorevnovani...-uchashchikhsya-yunosheskaya-rossii-2019.html
and http://fcpsr.ru/sobytiya/1879-02-fevralya-26-marta-2019-goda.html no start lists yet.

Why do they have to participate in 3rd grade local competitions? Right after the WJC.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Why do they have to participate in 3rd grade local competitions? Right after the WJC.

That's not quite true.

Spartakiada is quite a big event in Russia, dating back to USSR times. This is the final of a series of events all over Russia to foster youth sports participation, improve children's physical condition promote healthy life styles etc etc. All good goals.

But why such high ranked skaters need to participate I have not yet found out in all those documents available, it only says KMS rank, also Candidate Masters of Sports, while those 4 Khrustalniy skaters should have attained Master of Sports rank by now.

Entrance of contestants closes March 15, so we'll know by then who will compete from all over Russia.

When sufficient quantity and quality of participants and some coverage are announced, the Spartakiada might need its own competition pages here.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
It means "female coward". Would anyone name Trusova a coward?

Her dog is. As far as I understood my old buddy from Moscow that how some fans nicknamed Sasha's doggie. It is obviously some sort of a word play with Trusova & "TRUSlivaya", I presume.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Her dog is. As far as I understood my old buddy from Moscow that how some fans nicknamed Sasha's doggie. It is obviously some sort of a word play with Trusova & "TRUSlivaya", I presume.

You will find more of a wordplay between "TRUSlivaya" and "SMELAYA" (brave, fearless) - quite often used as additional name for Sasha ( among Russian FS fans)