2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 413 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So there has been no comment on Anna's 4Lz being clearly under? Interesting.

You won't create reality by claiming. This is the landing:

Anna-Lombardia.jpg

It¨s definitely over 270° rotation. So no, there won't be a comment on Anna's 4Lz being clearly under except yours and it's not interresting at all.

esteticlove

Final Flight
I think that Parfume (the book) is even part of the lectures for high school in Germany (feel free to correct me if this is wrong), so I don't find it inappropriate for Anna's 15 years. She's neither doing some unappealing movements in her choreography nor there are any lyrics/voice overs. If I didn't knew what her theme was, I wouldn't have guessed that it's about this book/movie. I think they just liked the soundtrack, the music is very dramatic and haunting and gives her the opportunity to try something other than being tinny and fragile fairy.

lappo

Final Flight
I was at Lombardia Trophy today and it was a very pleasant experience. I was a little worried for Anna because yesterday she seemed quite hesitant in her skating and today during the warm up you could see her frustration after she felt for the second time...but in the end, she went all out and she delivered a beautiful performance (with room to improve, since we are very early in the season). Liza was very good again, particularly the jumps, but one thing that caught my eye was the difference in the ice coverage and the number of transitions and "busy" skating between her and Anna, who had MUCH more of those in her program. I know Mishin doesn't value those aspects of skating very much but his and Liza's disappointment was clear so they maybe will try to improve those aspects.
In the end, congrats to both ladies for a good outing and medals and especially to Anna for her senior debut and for joining the quad club! :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
You wonˇ't create reality by claiming. This is the landing:

View attachment 798

It¨s definitely over 270° rotation. So no, there won't be a comment on Anna's 4Lz being clearly under except yours and it's not interresting at all.

What is the criterium, i.e. the reference point? In my layman's eye I always look for the 'axis/straight line' between take off and landing positions of the blade. The body has much more inertia.

Lombardia was streamed in 60 fps, so twice the temporal resolution, but the picture was fuzzier/grainier also.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
All the talk about Anna and Liza I don't think one person has mentioned European champion Sofia Samodurova was competing in the same competition as well. Talk about a turn around from all the talk at the end of last season :slink:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
People say Anna's PCS will go up during the season when she has earned her reputation.

Well, compared to yesterday, her PCS went up from 38.3 to 40.2 (unfactored).

I like this. With a rate of 1.9 points per day, Anna's PCS will hit the roof by Christmas:yahoo::slink:

silveruskate

On the Ice
You wonˇ't create reality by claiming. This is the landing:

View attachment 798

Very selective....and I'm not surprised there has been no comment about it actually. Seeing how her skate hooks is the most easy sign to see in these video feeds.

esteticlove

Final Flight
Does Kamila have better skating skills than Anastasia and Alena?

To my untrained eye Anastasia is (or at least was last season) very close to Kamilla's SS. Alena also seems as light on the ice and has good acceleration but I spotted some choppiness at times from the Test skates, which could be due to her recovering from an injury. I think that Kamilla exceeds though at her speed and especially coming out of her jumps and combination with a great flow. As Ted said today - speed is your friend, it gives you power.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Does Kamila have better skating skills than Anastasia and Alena?

Better than Anastasia probably, Alena has better gliding, she is a stronger presence on the ice, Kamila always look a bit nervous.

That said Alena's steps sequences are getting choppier as time goes by, she starts to lack a bit of flow on that, while Kamila has that pureness of a new skater pre-puberty.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
All the talk about Anna and Liza I don't think one person has mentioned European champion Sofia Samodurova was competing in the same competition as well. Talk about a turn around from all the talk at the end of last season :slink:

After that SP i thought: "this season might be the last for her", then she came back strong on the free which was a great redemption for her and i hope she can build from that. (that said if she was ready for the free, she was also for the short).

I don't understand why Mishin asked her to do 3t-3t in the SP when her 3f-3t seems better.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Better than Anastasia probably, Alena has better gliding, she is a stronger presence on the ice, Kamila always look a bit nervous.

That said Alena's steps sequences are getting choppier as time goes by, she starts to lack a bit of flow on that, while Kamila has that pureness of a new skater pre-puberty.

Yes, but that's not a factor of skating skills. I mean who has the better speed (and gains it more easily), flow, edges, knees, and movements? It's hard for me to see between those 3.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Kamila was nervous obviously, but acquitted herself with excellence. There is a difference between nervous/tense and worried/frightened/afraid. Kamila said in her post FS interview she pretended the competition to be just like another training session, trying to isolate herself from the actual event, the stands full with spectators. Kseniya on the other hand seemed to be calmness personified by her exterior appearance. In fact, all the newcomers and most of the second season competitors held up very well in Chelyabinsk. For many it must have been the skating competition of their life time, one that won't happen again unless they make Continentals or higher.

Some skaters just require more fine tuning of their emotional configuration, their psychology and competitive mind set, it could very well be that young Kamila is sensitive and has more dials and knobs to tweak compared to other, more robust, girls her age. Dudakov might seem grumpy and lump, but apparently he is very good with the children in these aspects, and they clearly appreciate his presence near them. With experience comes self confidence, Kamila's first task has been completed, she can now start working on her finals programs. Will she have more Moscow starts before JGPF?

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
It's about a man who kills his lovers. I'm not sure if Anna is supposed to portray the assassin or the dead women, i guess the second, which would be the usual theme about a ghost on the ice (a bit like Evgenia's SP at the Olympics)

It's also about creating the essence (perfume) of a human being.

Great movie but yes i wouldn't recommend it to a 15 years old..

I haven’t seen the movie, but in the book the women were not his lovers; they were just women with amazing scent that he was obsessed with (especially one of them). So was killing them to make the greatest possible perfume (and use it); there wasn’t sex involved. I’ve read the book as a child, btw, and it didn’t scar me :) Yes, it was dark and disturbing, but also incredibly interesting, well written and thought-provoking.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Yes, but that's not a factor of skating skills. I mean who has the better speed (and gains it more easily), flow, edges, knees, and movements? It's hard for me to see between those 3.

If Kamila wasn't that nervous she could have the same power Alena has on the crossovers which is the big advantage Alena has.

While if you look at the steps sequence, Kamila has better flow and better speed.

Anastasia also looks nervous, which often makes her skating cold, distant, so she starts to pay less attention to things like edges: that's her big weakness she was fixing when she was coached by Plushenko and even before with Eteri.

Mawwerg

Final Flight

She is not on the same level as top girls and also not in form now, so it is hard to say something special about her.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I haven’t seen the movie, but in the book the women were not his lovers; they were just women with amazing scent that he was obsessed with (especially one of them). So was killing them to make the greatest possible perfume (and use it); there wasn’t sex involved. I’ve read the book as a child, btw, and it didn’t scar me :) Yes, it was dark and disturbing, but also incredibly interesting, well written and thought-provoking.

Oh then the movie is definitely darker and more explicit, I remember sex scenes and nudity.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden

I think Sofia did good today. Obviously she is not in form. I hope she gets there.

What is interesting is that Starr Andrews, who is a nice skater but not that technical, is above Sofia in the SB list at the moment. That's crazy imo...