Reserve:
Elizaveta Labutina

Last edited:

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
the reserve teams have increased in size, its good due to how much talent there are right now, all of them and more deserve their funding.
The talent and quality of Russian figure skating is extraordinary and I think it's so awesome the reserve teams have increased. So, so many incredible skaters do deserve an opportunity and chance, and more funding is not only very much deserved, but necessary to properly support them

Skatelife

On the Ice

JimR

On the Ice
It's only early July but Kamila's performance gave me the most hope. The other Russian girls are some of the best skaters in the world, but they look amateurish against her.

She's taller now, weighs more, all the other programs have been designed for Kamila as a 160cm 45kg 15 year old. That version of Kamila is history. This is the first program designed for the adult Kamila and she's every bit as memorable as that Olympic season.

I don't care too much what happens with that ordeal Kamila is dealing with any longer (I'm not mentioning it she could be dealing with any kind of ordeal). It will be two years from that fateful day at the most. An enforced break is not the worst thing for a skater at this point in their career to heal everything 100%. If it were two years she can return to training with Eteri in September if I read the rules correctly.

In all probability she will maintain the 4T into adulthood now (the jump is so powerful it's like an ISU skater attempting a triple), the 4S probably won't return, and I kind of wish she would stop attempting the 3A if she's going to injure herself it's from that jump. She will likely prove people like me wrong though and make it stable like the 4T.

With the new age rules where she is performing against no-one under 17 she can be a medal chance at any event in the world for the next decade if she is injury free (she seems to be a very durable athlete). Yes, she might run into a 17 or 18 year old with many quads but they will come and go from the sport. She can endure like Kostner or Tuktamysheva.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I wonder if Gorbacheva and Zhilina will shake things in seniors. I assume that they will be at seniors test skates. Zhilina with more stability definitely can.
I also wonder if a skater who isn't in the national team, like Gushchina, can be invited.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I wonder if Gorbacheva and Zhilina will shake things in seniors. I assume that they will be at seniors test skates. Zhilina with more stability definitely can.
Gorbacheva will certainly be on adult test skates, as she will definitely only be competing at the adult level. Zhilina is likely to continue at the junior level, so she will be on junior test skates. I don't think she plans on going senior in the new season.

I also wonder if a skater who isn't in the national team, like Gushchina, can be invited.

RusFed has obviously made it clear that they aren't interested in Sinitsyna or Gushchina, so it's highly unlikely. Well, only in case of force majeure with the main players.

UPD: We have 10 girls (6 + 4 reserve) + Gorbacheva = 11, perhaps invite someone else for the 12th position. But more likely they consider the elder Zhilina or Titova, although they definitely will not go to the adults this season, or Samodelkina.

Last edited:

Amei

Record Breaker
She was at the event, but dont skate, you can see her (and others) in this vlog

I saw a sportsru article that said she wasn't skating for health reasons, has anyone seen her interview she did on Saturday did she allude to what it was? She's supposedly been training hard (per Trankov) and she did say in an interview last week that her knee wasn't bothering her.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I saw a sportsru article that said she wasn't skating for health reasons, has anyone seen her interview she did on Saturday did she allude to what it was? She's supposedly been training hard (per Trankov) and she did say in an interview last week that her knee wasn't bothering her.
I heard that she had a cold.

JimR

On the Ice

When she still had the quad flip 18 months ago she was very slight. There's no way she'll recover it now. With no quads and no triple axel, she won't compete. The training is to be ready for the shows. I think she doesn't want to harm her legacy or give rivals like Valieva the pleasure of beating her, but it's kind of sad that she and Trusova don't want to compete even though they could still put together a credible 5th or 6th place finish at Russian Nationals the toughest tournament on Earth for women, plus continue to improve in areas other than jumping for many years to come. Who knows, with the right physical training they might bring back ultra c eventually as well.