Ted Barton will cover Russian Nat on world Wide stream! | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ted Barton will cover Russian Nat on world Wide stream!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
before the final group of ladies sp

Here: https://youtu.be/HShJwyvMReQ?t=4959

And Ted rightfully conveyed the worries from fans that might have reached him (and by extension ISU), but this agent kept prattling away about his idea and how wonderful it all will be.

Come Worlds we'll know more. Today, Dec 27 wasn't there some important meeting between ROC, WADA and CAS scheduled?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I love him. He should come here to Finland to educate our local commentators, how to keep it quiet during performances. And most important, my English skills are not good (compared Finnish standards at least), and listening is the most difficult part, but I understand most of what he is saying. I want him to comment every competitions.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Junior Worlds should also be on YouTube, commentated by Ted. This competition always feels somehow incomplete without his commentary.

We got GP and RusNat YouTube streams, so I hope Junior Worlds and Challengers are next. This way all levels of skaters can get broader exposure. (Most Challengers are already livestreamed, but all these streams are not always free, good quality, easy to find, and archived).

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The access to streams this year was excellent so far. Fingers crossed it continues with America's Nationals, YOG and the rest of this year’s competitions.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Ted is fantastic.

Knows what to shut up, doesn't tell or exaggerate, always has kind words for each skater and is very easy and relaxing to listen to.

I hope he does more commentary, maybe even Euros/Worlds (pretty please, Ted).

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I would like to thank Ted too. But also great thanks to Russia Channel 1 for putting out such an excellent quality stream and getting Ted to commentate.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I find Chris' commentary more informative, and wittier, but I think this comes down to personal taste. I'm glad that people generally seems to like Ted.

I didn't watch all of the ladies sp, but Ted mentioned he was going to interview the producer of the wc gala. Does anyone know if he did and when? ��

Is Chris English? If we're talking about the same guy he is phenomenal. Ted is as well but a little bit more understated.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Is Chris English? If we're talking about the same guy he is phenomenal. Ted is as well but a little bit more understated.

Yup he’s English. He was at the Olympics the year Robin Cousins won. He came... 13th I think.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
And Ted rightfully conveyed the worries from fans that might have reached him (and by extension ISU), but this agent kept prattling away about his idea and how wonderful it all will be.

Come Worlds we'll know more. Today, Dec 27 wasn't there some important meeting between ROC, WADA and CAS scheduled?

For sure we should wait & see, but listening to those plans made me cringe and feel really sad.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ted is fantastic.

Knows what to shut up, doesn't tell or exaggerate, always has kind words for each skater and is very easy and relaxing to listen to.

I hope he does more commentary, maybe even Euros/Worlds (pretty please, Ted).

Well, Canadian Nationals will have his commentary, though it’s of a lesser interest to the rest of the world than the Russians. I am hoping he will be covering the Worlds this year.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does anyone know if the Gala will be broadcasted as well?

At the end of the Ladies FS, Ted kinda led us to believe it would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt20Utl4KgU&t=10462

But, as of yet, there is no sign of a stream on the YouTube channel that has been broadcasting the competitions.

And I am very annoyed that there is no stream for the podium ceremonies, which are supposed to be happening now. :mad:

All the more reason to have each podium ceremony straight after the competition it corresponds to finishes...

CaroLiza_fan

Amei

Record Breaker
At the end of the Ladies FS, Ted kinda led us to believe it would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt20Utl4KgU&t=10462

But, as of yet, there is no sign of a stream on the YouTube channel that has been broadcasting the competitions.

Well he contradicting himself a bit, he says that's the end of their live coverage but then says don't forget about the gala - perhaps the second line he was intending for people with access to the TV channel?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well he contradicting himself a bit, he says that's the end of their live coverage but then says don't forget about the gala - perhaps the second line he was intending for people with access to the TV channel?

Ah. Yes, that is a possibility. That the gala is only being shown on the TV channel.

I found a couple of official livestreams of the TV channel a few days ago, but they were geo-blocked. But, in the 10 minutes or so before the Gala is due to start, I will experiment with my VPN.

I had decided at the start of the season that I wasn't going to use Hola any more, because of the security issues with it. But, since we will hopefully be switching to the new computer in a few days (once the adapter that allows us to connect the monitor arrives), I'm not that worried about the old computer any more.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gala will be most likely here: https://ok.ru/live/1898731544136

And just to add for those that did not watch LIVE, this stream has now been archived. So, you can go back and watch the Gala at your leisure (it doesn't need a VPN).

No English commentary from Ted unfortunately, but we did get commentary in Russian from Alexander Grishin and Daniel Gleichenhaus.

Oh, and if you want to know the running order, see the Gala Thread's Original Post:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?84292&p=2544407&viewfull=1#post2544407

I have just replaced the list that I was updating as the Gala went along with a more detailed table.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ted also announced on the Russian webcast that Canada will be opening the livestream of its nationals to all, with no blocking.