2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 98 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resa

On the Ice
Any new information on Anna's music choices? Do you guys think one will be a contemporary piece as well?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Hellor :)
Was kind of away because i live in a dummyland with a dummy president and sort of isolated myself from fellow humans to avoid accidentally commiting suicide by facepalm.

As for voting, I dont mind a show at all, but as a maths person, I would prefer clear criteria - it is something that brings me comfort regardless of results. I mean, as a Zagitova fan I am outraged that she didnt make the nominees because I know for a fact she has a huge fan base and Im sure tons of people voted on her. But if they had open fan voting results, did not add new athletes after the voting started, and stated clearly something like "fan voting counts as 10%, and skaters who are taking a break are not eligible" I would understand and be fine with that.
(and yeah, it would be good to make this clear beforehand)

You should have been posting here anyway because this is the place to escape frustrations of the world. Then you come here and face the frustrations in the skating world. ;)

The ISU Oscars were a controversial mess and the once great Evgeni Plushenko embarrassed himself again with stupid comments on how his girl Sasha got robbed of the best newcomer award when she lost all three competitions to the best newcomer Aliona.

Welcome back.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The ISU Oscars were a controversial mess and the once great Evgeni Plushenko embarrassed himself again with stupid comments on how his girl Sasha got robbed of the best newcomer award when she lost all three competitions to the best newcomer Aliona.

Welcome back.

Ohhhh! Yes, how terrible person he is! And how ridiculous who nominated Trusova at all!

figurefan0726

Final Flight
i heard on twitter that alina is keeping her cleopatra program. can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Golden Skate

Amei

Record Breaker
Ohhhh! Yes, how terrible person he is! And how ridiculous who nominated Trusova at all!

It doesn't make him terrible to say his skater was "robbed" it does however point out his lack of objectivity - Trusova lost twice internationally to Kostornaia and once more at Nationals as well and Kostornaia was undefeated, placing first, all season. So its a bit ridiculous to say that Trusova was robbed from winning the best newcomer award because Kostornaia won it; had Young You won then sure both Kostornaia and Trusova would have reason to complain. The best thing I think coaches should be doing with these awards (if they continue) is remind their skaters that these awards are not the goal - goal is winning actual competitions; if that means they get an ISU award then that's an extra benefit, but if they don't win it then it's no big deal because its not the goal.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
It doesn't make him terrible to say his skater was "robbed" it does however point out his lack of objectivity - Trusova lost twice internationally to Kostornaia and once more at Nationals as well and Kostornaia was undefeated, placing first, all season. So its a bit ridiculous to say that Trusova was robbed from winning the best newcomer award because Kostornaia won it; had Young You won then sure both Kostornaia and Trusova would have reason to complain. The best thing I think coaches should be doing with these awards (if they continue) is remind their skaters that these awards are not the goal - goal is winning actual competitions; if that means they get an ISU award then that's an extra benefit, but if they don't win it then it's no big deal because its not the goal.

Tbh, I found it tasteless, because it’s a meaningless award and complaints are useless. It’s like some sort of a Kanye vs Taylor Swift moment. Let the winner have that day without some pointless complaints. Those aren’t scores and competitions, where complaints will matter. Awards don’t matter at all, so maybe it’s not that nice to rain on someone else’s parade, especially if nothings going to come out of it.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Russian 1TV channel is shooting short clips about the national team members; guess we might see something soon :)

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Any new information on Anna's music choices? Do you guys think one will be a contemporary piece as well?

Nothing new has been announced... Seems like Daniil forgot to keep the announcements coming or maybe is dosifying them for suspense :biggrin:
It would be interesting to see Anna do a contemporary style.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Russian 1TV channel is shooting short clips about the national team members; guess we might see something soon :)

Seriously? Where'd you get this info (not doubting you I'm just curious)?

I know we just got Alyona's announcement, but I'm so ready for another one. Speaking of which, I wonder when Daniil will post his yearly "program beginnings" video. Probably when their camp at Novogorsk ends, but idk when that is.

Also still wondering if that "Ne Me Quitte Pas" program that Plushenko posted is Sasha's.

Anyone have predictions/hopes for anyone's music? I'm personally hoping for a ballet program for Kamila, amongst other things.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Seriously? Where'd you get this info (not doubting you I'm just curious)?

Liza posted a clip on her insta account yesterday, which showed her filming with 1TVru. Last year around the same time 1TVru filmed and published the clips with the members of the National team.

Status
Not open for further replies.