Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

readernick

Medalist
Well, judges and me disagree with that. It's certainly not a deep outside edge who will get a GOE bullet for a good take off, but it can sometimes still be a slightly outside edge to not be called by a tech panel. Her last Lz at Cup of China shouldn't be called as ! for sure. But, let's not talk about it here anymore.

Well, that is one thing we can agree on. This conversation has gone on too long. Have a good evening. :agree:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
"Utkin: “Kiselev's wife is very friendly with Tutberidze. Isn't that why in the story with Kostornaya she is again all in white lace?Journalist Vasily Utkin reacted to the words of support from TV presenter Dmitry Kiselev to figure skating coach Eteri Tutberidze.

Kiselev called the situation with the transition from Tutberidze to Yevgeny Plushenko of the fugristers Alexandra Trusova and Alena Kostornaya from Tutberidze to Evgeny Plushenko, saying that "her school was literally robbed."

“Today, the situation with the departure of Tutberidze students was commented on by Dmitry Kiselev, TV presenter, deputy chairman of the All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company and the head of Russia Today. Read, everything is in the best traditions there.

He defends Tutberidze not for the first time and not for the first day in fact. In the organizations under his jurisdiction, it is forbidden by instructions to write and speak about Eteri Georgievna anything more critical than a hypothetical statement that her sweat smells of honeysuckle.

Repression happened. I will not name names, this applies to other people - up to the dismissal in three days.

Kiselev's wife is very, very friendly with Eteri Georgievna. Is this why we are now looking at the story of Kostornaya's departure, and by her example we are convinced: well, one does not fight with the other, a lot of omissions, again Tutberidze is all in white lace, well, it cannot always be like this? .. Or maybe "- wrote Utkin in his telegram channel."

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...-govorit-o-tutberidze-chto-libo-kriticheskoye

Can you explain this shortly? Who is Kiselev? Who is Utkin? :laugh: I read what is their job, but I don't understand the situation

Edit: I read the previous page and I understand now..

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It was interesting for me to read the words of Kiselev about the situation with the transitions of Trusova and Kostornaya.
https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...gnusnaya-istoriya-my-vypikhivayem-yeye-v-ssha ( Google translate will help)
Because this person is not just an ordinary FS lover. He is at the helm of one of the largest information channels in Russia and has first-hand information. Based on his words in the interview , I can conclude that Tutberidze is very unhappy that her dominance is threatened by the Plushenko school. Also bearing in mind the alleged personal friendship between Kiselev's wife and Tutberidze, the last phrase of the interview looks like an "attempt at blackmail" . He literally says that because of this, she can go to the United States and there prepare champions for America.

I'm not sure about the United States, but it would be definitely interesting to see Eteri working more on international basis, for the start like for Kazakhstan, Georgia, maybe Armenia (Petrosian) etc. :biggrin:

eliana

On the Ice
Can you explain this shortly? Who is Kiselev? Who is Utkin? :laugh: I read what is their job, but I don't understand the situation

Edit: I read the previous page and I understand now..

I think there are two journalists ... Kiselev likes Eteri and the other one doesn't LOL

eliana

On the Ice
I'm not sure about the United States, but it would be definitely interesting to see Eteri working more on international basis, for the start like for Kazakhstan, Georgia, maybe Armenia (Petrosian) etc. :biggrin:

I think it would be wrong for her! Russia has the most talented and hardworking little girls.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I think it would be wrong for her! Russia has the most talented and hardworking little girls.

And that's the reason why some of them are forced to skate for other country, from the latest Shabotova, Safonova, Ioffe, of course Ryabova, Kurakova etc. Eteri herself works with Lilbet or Kvitelashvili. Girls who would change the nationality, working with a coach like Eteri, could be even stronger competitors.

And of course, if I had any voice in that (which I haven't at all) I would invite her to work for my coutry :)

This of course shouldn't be taken too seriously, but I don't think that one or two more skaters (boys or girls) in her team representing other country are unreal. After all most top coaches train skaters from more countries than just their own.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
It was interesting for me to read the words of Kiselev about the situation with the transitions of Trusova and Kostornaya.
https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...gnusnaya-istoriya-my-vypikhivayem-yeye-v-ssha ( Google translate will help)
Because this person is not just an ordinary FS lover. He is at the helm of one of the largest information channels in Russia and has first-hand information. Based on his words in the interview , I can conclude that Tutberidze is very unhappy that her dominance is threatened by the Plushenko school. Also bearing in mind the alleged personal friendship between Kiselev's wife and Tutberidze, the last phrase of the interview looks like an "attempt at blackmail" . He literally says that because of this, she can go to the United States and there prepare champions for America.

Jeez, I can’t stand this Kiselev guy.

Im sure she is upset that her top students left her, you don’t need to be a genius to tell that.
It would actually be interesting see her working with more skaters from other countries, I think she can do a great job of helping them develop into major FS powerhouses, just like South Korea recently became a big player on the scene.

vorravorra

Record Breaker

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The videos are not available any more.
The doctor's name is Aleksei Ivkov and he is the former rhythmic gymnastics team doctor.

:shrug: two minutes ago they were available...OMG! Everything is so secret! Probably they asked to delete them

and probably he is Plushy's masseur

probably he is good https://www.instagram.com/dr.alekseiivkov/ one of his followers is Sasha Trikoz a promising young ballerina..

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
As the names from the news appear here, it should be also remarked that the guy Utkin made some nasty comments about Alina in the past, so he is definitely not a good and impartial source of information.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
The videos are not available any more.
The doctor's name is Aleksei Ivkov and he is the former rhythmic gymnastics team doctor. According to those in the know Alyona is in good hands.
One thing that must be said for Plushenko is he seems to take the health of his students seriously. He is also big on off-ice training to raise the stamina and develop the necessary muscles.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
The song she was rehearsing to was Joke’s on You by Charlotte Lawrence... interesting choice. Rozanov and Pluschenko both were helping her with the moves. I’m not sure that’s the song she’ll skate to, but it’s the song playing in the background while Pluschenko is showing the choreography to her. Let’s wait and see if we’ll find out about more things.

About the doctor - during that gala before worlds or Europeans that Aliona skates to Adios Nonino, there were rumours about back injuries and she actually seemed injured...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Coaches like skaters are always going get criticized for their decisions. Some people agree with their choices others don't, fair enough. Obviously, Sasha and her family disagreed with Eteri's choices, they went to another coach. Completely their decision. If I were a coach, I would absolutely try to guide my students toward making better decisions for their own protection. So good for her. But for a coach so concerned about protecting teenage skaters( something I completely agree is a coaches responsibility),. she certainly does say a lot of cruel things when they leave. I, honestly, have no negative opinion of Eteri as a coach but strong doubts about her maturity or kindness as a person based soley on the horrible comments and blame she throws at her students when they leave. It isn't just Eteri either.. so many coaches all over there world are not treating the children under their care with appropriate concern or respect.
That wasn't the point of my post and the fact that her behavior when her skaters leave is always pointed to justify any (negative) opinion about her is telling.

I was pointing the inconsistency of the thoughts of some fans and the oddity of the idea that coaches should let skaters do everything they want.

I would say that Eteri is usually nasty, not cruel. Being cruel imo is saying that your student who just left has a mental illness and making another end in hospital.
I don't think Eteri is kind, it isn't her job to be kind. Not the job of coaches who smile in front of cameras but yell in training either. It isn't their job. Their jobs is to get results and they make choices to get results. They protect their results so try to protect the skaters.
The fact that Trusova never got heavily injured while many were predicting (almost wishing) that she will get career ending injury must be surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.