Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott512

Record Breaker
BS. Besides it's too late to for the Federation to make coaching changes we're almost in August.

I was wrong. I rarely ever quote myself but I thought it was apropos in this case.. I guess aliona really wanted out of there and EG did not stop her. But not having this tiny girl around is a huge blow to EG's team.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
The song she was rehearsing to was Joke’s on You by Charlotte Lawrence... interesting choice. Rozanov and Pluschenko both were helping her with the moves. I’m not sure that’s the song she’ll skate to, but it’s the song playing in the background while Pluschenko is showing the choreography to her. Let’s wait and see if we’ll find out about more things.

About the doctor - during that gala before worlds or Europeans that Aliona skates to Adios Nonino, there were rumours about back injuries and she actually seemed injured...
It seems to be confirmed that Alyona has health issues of some sort and is working with a team of doctors. So I wouldn't expect too much too soon in terms of jumps at least.

I hope her new coaching team won't push her to prove something. In the past they were somewhat guilty of trying to show progress upfront. But that was before Plushenko started coaching personally so I don't know who and to what extent was to blame.

icybear

Medalist
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Alena is actually going to use this song. However I'm not keen on the idea of using programs to deliver messages to others. Alina's Survivor might have pulled off at the end of the season but Alexandra's Unstoppable didn't turn out very well. Also I'm not sure how much the judges will like this pcs wise.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It seems to be confirmed that Alyona has health issues of some sort and is working with a team of doctors. So I wouldn't expect too much too soon in terms of jumps at least.

I hope her new coaching team won't push her to prove something. In the past they were somewhat guilty of trying to show progress upfront. But that was before Plushenko started coaching personally so I don't know who and to what extent was to blame.

Even if she doesn't have the 3A, Alena should beat anyone else that doesn't have the 3A or quads (or possibly Alina if she regains her previous form). If her back issues cause her to lose any other jumps it's bad news, but of the top 3 Russians she is probably the least reliant on difficult jumps to earn high scores.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Even if she doesn't have the 3A, Alena should beat anyone else that doesn't have the 3A or quads (or possibly Alina if she regains her previous form). If her back issues cause her to lose any other jumps it's bad news, but of the top 3 Russians she is probably the least reliant on difficult jumps to earn high scores.
I didn't get the impression her health issues are insurmountable but she is quite out of shape right now and can't force it. It seems she is training by herself to a large extent because the other skaters are not at the same place training-wise and she needs individual attention.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I didn't get the impression her health issues are insurmountable but she is quite out of shape right now and can't force it. It seems she is training by herself to a large extent because the other skaters are not at the same place training-wise and she needs individual attention.

It's hard to predict how back injuries will impact a skater's career. They have ended the careers of many, but others have come back strong. Sasha Cohen had some serious issues that caused her to miss 2001 Nationals but came back to win several World and Olympic medals.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
It's actually not the thing that bothers me. Nadezhda is a hater for a long time and it's quite easy to just smile over her. The thing that is much more weird is how many people still do as if such people (Nadya is not alone in that) don't exist, even claim "I don’t think anyone dislikes Anna". See how sensitive the same people are when a smallest thing is objected to other skaters in comparison. And now of course this trend will be only growing stronger, using the "logic" Anna is "more Eteri skater" ;)
Hater of a bad technique I am. :)

theharleyquinn

Medalist
It's hard to predict how back injuries will impact a skater's career. They have ended the careers of many, but others have come back strong. Sasha Cohen had some serious issues that caused her to miss 2001 Nationals but came back to win several World and Olympic medals.

Yuna Kim is another great example. Some elements obviously were sacrificed because of her injury (loop, extension in spins and spirals), but she still pushed through.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Alena is actually going to use this song. However I'm not keen on the idea of using programs to deliver messages to others. Alina's Survivor might have pulled off at the end of the season but Alexandra's Unstoppable didn't turn out very well. Also I'm not sure how much the judges will like this pcs wise.
What sashas unstoppable is actually an ex i love

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
It doesn't send a very good message if you keep losing.

EX aren’t there to send subliminal messages, they’re there for fun! Sasha‘s program was definitely fun and she skated incredibly to it every single time.
And many casual viewers on YT and IG would probably agree, she garnered a lot of attention because of how awesome she skated her EX.

Besides, speculating on Aliona’s supposed injury seems a bit of a reach. That doctor/masseuse posted other skaters as well on his feed, so claiming „ injury confirmed“ seems a bit strange to me.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I don't know about that, I mean Sasha's not giving up! She's determined to do her quads and improve, so I'd call that unstoppable. :)

Also how cool was the black and white theme?!

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Exhebitions are not there to send a messahe, some yes have messages in them but it still is just for the fun. And i wouldnt say that her sing sends a wrong message even if she didnt win last season, because unstoppable doesnt mean that you have to win to be unstoppable, we see that she doesnt stop this from doing wjat she loves. I also dont care about any messages , i love the song and i loved the ex

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I was referring to this post by icybear when talking about why Unstoppable may not have been sending the right message:

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Exhebitions are not there to send a messahe, some yes have messages in them but it still is just for the fun. And i wouldnt say that her sing sends a wrong message even if she didnt win last season, because unstoppable doesnt mean that you have to win to be unstoppable, we see that she doesnt stop this from doing wjat she loves. I also dont care about any messages , i love the song and i loved the ex

Exhibitions are there to whatever the skater/artist wants to express. I don’t get your point. If the athlete wants to skate to no music at all, the athlete should be allowed, as long as the artistic expression is kept according to what was wanted.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Exhibitions are there to whatever the skater/artist wants to express. I don’t get your point. If the athlete wants to skate to no music at all, the athlete should be allowed, as long as the artistic expression is kept according to what was wanted.
But ske times they just want to have fun, i said that a exhibtions doesnt need to have a message in it , because according to the other user said that with unstoppable sasha has been sending the wrong message because she didnt really win , (we forget that she did actually ein her 2 gp events)and i replied that i dont care aboit any message , i loved that ex, and i dotn think seh send out any wrong messages

readernick

Medalist
EX aren’t there to send subliminal messages, they’re there for fun! Sasha‘s program was definitely fun and she skated incredibly to it every single time.
And many casual viewers on YT and IG would probably agree, she garnered a lot of attention because of how awesome she skated her EX.

Besides, speculating on Aliona’s supposed injury seems a bit of a reach. That doctor/masseuse posted other skaters as well on his feed, so claiming „ injury confirmed“ seems a bit strange to me.

I think Sasha is absolutely always unstoppable, in spirit even if her results don’t reflect that.

We all hope that Aliona’s injury is not serious. It is 100% normal for skaters to struggle with jumps after coming back from period of rest/sickness. Hopefully that is the case with Aliona, and it is not the result of a more severe injury.

I personally don’t like the song being played in the background during the clip, but the important thing is that Aliona connects to it if it is to be her music.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
But ske times they just want to have fun, i said that a exhibtions doesnt need to have a message in it , because according to the other user said that with unstoppable sasha has been sending the wrong message because she didnt really win , (we forget that she did actually ein her 2 gp events)and i replied that i dont care aboit any message , i loved that ex, and i dotn think seh send out any wrong messages

Oh, I get what you meant now, I’m sorry for the misunderstanding.

About Aliona’s possible injury (I don’t know how to quote multiple posters at the same time): it’s been speculated that she has a back injury since probably december/january of 2019 if I’m not mistaken. During the ice show in which she performed the Adios Nonino program, although the music started before she was expecting and that made the performance a little odd, she also seems to be with her movements “stiff”. I think it was confirmed that she went to the Germany doctor during that time, to get totally ready for Worlds. So, it wouldn’t be a surprise if she still has the same back injury from the beginning of the year. It’s not a speculation just because there was a doctor at Pluschenko’s rink today, the back injury issue has been talked about for a long time.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I believe Plushenko would very much have preferred for Aliona's transfer to be done properly so he'd get the full state financing for a national team member plus there was something about him hoping for help with ice after he got Sasha. But Aliona will definitely still get personally targeted financing like salary, expenses for travel to competitions, uniform, skates etc. Neither Sahsa nor Aliona will pay the training fee for training at Plushenko's school as such high-profile students are a great investment (presumably some of Plushenko's own resources but definitely sponsorship deals he can organise).

Evgeni Plushenko said in an interview that there were no personal issues behind the transfer and Kostornaia got on well with anyone else in her former team. It is also reported in the local media that Plushenko will build two new rinks at his own expense and elite skaters at his academy would have more time on ice.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I know he wasn’t asked about Aliona as much, but I just fear Aliona may be the forgotten one in the group, as it seems Sasha is his main priority [emoji17]
I agree there's no doubt that the most beautiful skater in the world and the best this last season with almost a perfect debut season is secondary to the quad queen. Aliona wanted to leave so now she has to deal with it.

I heard aliona is already injured training at her new rink. Sad.
"Utkin: “Kiselev's wife is very friendly with Tutberidze. Isn't that why in the story with Kostornaya she is again all in white lace?Journalist Vasily Utkin reacted to the words of support from TV presenter Dmitry Kiselev to figure skating coach Eteri Tutberidze.

Kiselev called the situation with the transition from Tutberidze to Yevgeny Plushenko of the fugristers Alexandra Trusova and Alena Kostornaya from Tutberidze to Evgeny Plushenko, saying that "her school was literally robbed."

“Today, the situation with the departure of Tutberidze students was commented on by Dmitry Kiselev, TV presenter, deputy chairman of the All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company and the head of Russia Today. Read, everything is in the best traditions there.

He defends Tutberidze not for the first time and not for the first day in fact. In the organizations under his jurisdiction, it is forbidden by instructions to write and speak about Eteri Georgievna anything more critical than a hypothetical statement that her sweat smells of honeysuckle.

Repression happened. I will not name names, this applies to other people - up to the dismissal in three days.

Kiselev's wife is very, very friendly with Eteri Georgievna. Is this why we are now looking at the story of Kostornaya's departure, and by her example we are convinced: well, one does not fight with the other, a lot of omissions, again Tutberidze is all in white lace, well, it cannot always be like this? .. Or maybe "- wrote Utkin in his telegram channel."

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...-govorit-o-tutberidze-chto-libo-kriticheskoye

Kiselev is the man! Interesting. But what happened has happened I only wish the girls good health and success. I said the last part. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.