2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Mishin’s Mafia coming to get Russia 3 spots back! Good job, Misha and Zhenya!
Misha, I know he can do so much more. I hope Mishin’s magic will continue to help with his jumps, so that he lands 4S and 4Lz next season.

I could see him going for 2 quads in the short next season, and at least 3 in the long in the free.

The lack of quads is what kept him from reaching higher positions, he has the components, the levels are there on spins and stsq.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I thought Semenenko was a good choice (process of elimination and all), but I definitely didn’t think getting a third spot was realistic. I think he’s only had one JGP a few years ago so making the top ten with two cleanish skates is impressive. Well done!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I could see him going for 2 quads in the short next season, and at least 3 in the long in the free.

The lack of quads is what kept him from reaching higher positions, he has the components, the levels are there on spins and stsq.
Those PCS should definitely be higher... I hope Misha will continue to improve his consistency and with that the PCS scores should come too. He deserves them! I would’ve given him 98 for his Nuriev program, it’s so beautifully done.

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria

More quads will come next season! I think the layouts he went for were a smart decision, Mishin knows what he is doing. Now Misha is established again as one of the top five skaters in the world and set up nicely for the Olympic season.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Sitting out a season was a great blessing for Mikhail. It’s took the idiots off his back and allowed him to perform easier, at least temporarily. Unfortunately it wasn’t the Olympic season and now the idiots will be back during it. Fingers crossed he builds on this

Hopefully it will be a blessing for Artur too sitting out this season. And his comeback will be the Olympic season! Does anyone know how he’s getting on?

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Sitting out a season was a great blessing for Mikhail. It’s took the idiots off his back and allowed him to perform easier, at least temporarily. Unfortunately it wasn’t the Olympic season and now the idiots will be back during it. Fingers crossed he builds on this

Hopefully it will be a blessing for Artur too sitting out this season. And his comeback will be the Olympic season! Does anyone know how he’s getting on?

Yeah i think his problem was only in the head, Chebotareva has done a great job with him, he has always had a great technique, great skating skills, great spins, it was just a matter of putting all things together in the big competitions.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand

I'm optimistic that he'll improve his tech content next season. Orser and Arutunian both mentioned a 1.5-2 year period for coaching changes to take full effect, so maybe it'll be the case for Mishin too...

Congrats and thanks to Misha and Zhenya for the return of 3 spots :jump:Next season will be thrilling - with so many promising young Russian men there will still be heartbreak and dashed Olympic hopes, but at least a little less of it...

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Surprised nobody mentioned this yet, Mark Kondratiuk's team posted videos of him doing 5 quad salchows in a row, 3A-eu-4S and rippon 4Lz. Definitely a contender for the Olympic team next season.
I’d say he’s the perfect wildcard to take to the Olympics if he has a good season. Competing like he did at the ITV trophy could land him in a podium position.

readernick

Medalist
I thought Semenenko was a good choice (process of elimination and all), but I definitely didn’t think getting a third spot was realistic. I think he’s only had one JGP a few years ago so making the top ten with two cleanish skates is impressive. Well done!
I was impressed , too. His skating is what it is.. let's just say there is room to grow in the non-technical elements, but he held up to the pressure really well! Kolyada also did well. I really didn't think Russia would get three spots but they made it happen!

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I was impressed , too. His skating is what it is.. let's just say there is room to grow in the non-technical elements, but he held up to the pressure really well! Kolyada also did well. I really didn't think Russia would get three spots but they made it happen!
Semenenko did the best he could with his programs, imo. When they were choreographed probably nobody involved in the process anticipated that he would need to skate them at Senior Worlds. :ROFLMAO:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Semenenko did the best he could with his programs, imo. When they were choreographed probably nobody involved in the process anticipated that he would need to skate them at Senior Worlds. :ROFLMAO:
I doubted they expected anything international at all, given he skates to a Russian song and the Cathedrals. He is also a year in after switching coaches, and he is 8th in the world. Not bad.