2022 Olympics Gala | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Gala

VickB

On the Ice
I must say China did wonderful job and events buildings are very beautiful...

To Chinese people protect your endangered animals... endangered animals are sacred to some of us...they have right to live long and free...

😘😘😘

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That Bing Dwen Dwen was at the gala practice, where it basically "friend zoned" Hanyu.

Maybe it's Han Yan! (probably not, but a girl can dream lol).

Han Yan showing up out of nowhere would have been great.

Yan Han... :(

Now that is somebody else who was dearly missed at these Olympics as a whole.

The organisers really should have given him one of the "local skater" slots at the Gala. He's a massive fan favourite.

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For those looking for a re-broadcast, the 3:30 am broadcast on USAHD first showed up as the dreaded "To Be Announced" and when 3:30 came, it was the Fin vs ROC hockey game. The 6 am entry now says it is the gala.

Crap.

The prime time coverage only showed all the Americans plus Hanyu and Scherbakova.

So now I have set to record the 6 am coverage because for sure I will be too tired to watch.

reneerose

Final Flight
For those looking for a re-broadcast, the 3:30 am broadcast on USAHD first showed up as the dreaded "To Be Announced" and when 3:30 came, it was the Fin vs ROC hockey game. The 6 am entry now says it is the gala.

Crap.

The prime time coverage only showed all the Americans plus Hanyu and Scherbakova.

So now I have set to record the 6 am coverage because for sure I will be too tired to watch.
Yeah my cousin said they cherry picked for the NBC Primetime broadcast. I hate that they don't show everyone like they did in the old days. Fans have to dig to find a broadcast that shows ALL of the participants in the gala or ALL of the skaters competing in the individual disciplines. Am trying to re-watch parts of the Gala I missed on Peacock right now staying up late and the ads keep looping and not going on to the next skater and I keep having to refresh the replay stream. It's driving me mad! Edited to add: NBC has broke me. I caved into the higher tier and now it's sort of how it was in the old NBC Sports Pass days, the annoying ads are mostly gone. Why even have the middle tier, when they really want to you pay the full tier price anyway? Apologies for digressing.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The USAHD version started at about 5:45 am after the end of the hockey game.

Tanith White and Ashley Wagner were the commentators.

They skipped the intro and started with Vincent Zhou.

They chacked Guignard & Fabbri, but showed everyone else in the first half.

They skipped the second half intro and chacked Wang & Liu and Della Monica & Guarise.

And no finale.

Definitely better than the night time but still...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

They skipped the second half intro and chacked Wang & Liu and Della Monica & Guarise.

And no finale.

They don’t like the Italians? Weird.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

And no finale.

Of all the people to chack, why on earth would they choose Della Monica & Guarise?! They have the best exhibition programs!

If you've got a VPN and want to see the whole thing:
BBC iPlayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0014vgr/winter-olympics-day-16-red-button-07001000 (starts at 1:29:00)
CBC: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1996467779627
Olympic YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4nARWD6Fu8

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And… yay, good gala, not great, but solid. Honestly, I am happy that Olympics is over. I will see who is going to Worlds, because I am sort of tired atm & might take a bit of a break after CRF.