2023 Worlds: Info & Pregame Chat | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Worlds: Info & Pregame Chat

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I didn't say anything about my ticket price changing; it was merely listed on the ticket along with the other information I said earlier. I already paid for my ticket.
OK, to regurgitate what you said, you knew what the ticket price was going in...for anything in the arena or ?. But it didnt show up on the ticket till later?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Wouldn't it be great if Peacock would at least tell us that replays are available for 2 days before the competition starts? But, this is Peacock so even if they are planning on making replays available they won't say anything and we will find out when a fan stumbles on them and posts the info. Yes, we can maybe catch a replay on the ISU stream using a VPN but only if the competition isn't taken down for a music violation.

As an antenna person with no cable tv I don't have USA network or E!. Excuse my ranting - I am just frustrated!
OK, I am still a bit confused. Is there a chance that a replay on Peacock is an option? I dont think the Warner Music Group can take down ISU youtubes if you use a VPN, but I could be wrong.....When WMG took off the you tube vids for jr. Worlds ladies free, I could still watch them using my VPN.
BTW, I replace the batteries in my Roku remote and fired up Peacock. Like you said, I went to sports>live and up coming> and then through all the sports to "all" and finally to the 4 or so comps they have up. So I went to the pairs short and put it in "My Stuff" and SHOULD have right arrowed over to "More like this" to reach the other comps. Instead, I made the mistake of using the back arrow and boom, I was back to the start of Sports. Back arrow doesnt mean back one step, evidently. Not sure yet if there will be commenting on Peacock or ISU or ?
Have you ever noted on Instagram if you watch a vid of a buddy doing a figure skating routine or skipping rope in practice, there is a music credit?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I’m actually pleasantly surprised to see that for those of us in EST, the scheduling is fairly doable for live watching. Yes, the men’s short starts at 4 am Thursday, and that is a problem, but I should be able to see everything else.

(Note, I’m not much of a Ladies’ fan, so it is not a big deal for me to miss that.)
Ref: I am not so much a ladies fan...Well, we all have our preferences for skaters....I am reminded of the old joke, "Mom said 50 years ago, we put a man on the moon....Why did we stop?" :laugh:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
OK, I am still a bit confused. Is there a chance that a replay on Peacock is an option? I dont think the Warner Music Group can take down ISU youtubes if you use a VPN, but I could be wrong.....When WMG took off the you tube vids for jr. Worlds ladies free, I could still watch them using my VPN.
BTW, I replace the batteries in my Roku remote and fired up Peacock. Like you said, I went to sports>live and up coming> and then through all the sports to "all" and finally to the 4 or so comps they have up. So I went to the pairs short and put it in "My Stuff" and SHOULD have right arrowed over to "More like this" to reach the other comps. Instead, I made the mistake of using the back arrow and boom, I was back to the start of Sports. Back arrow doesnt mean back one step, evidently. Not sure yet if there will be commenting on Peacock or ISU or ?
Have you ever noted on Instagram if you watch a vid of a buddy doing a figure skating routine or skipping rope in practice, there is a music credit?

Without announcing anything to anyone I know, Peacock offered some replays during U. S. Nationals. I think most of the replays were only up for 2 days. I'm not sure if all the comps were offered for replay...getting older has made my memory less dependable. I am hoping that because so many in the U. S. are going to stay up from late night to overnight to see all of the WC comps that MAYBE Peacock will offer replays for a couple of days and actually tell us in advance so we can plan accordingly.

I think they offered a few replays of 4CC and those were only available for a couple of days. Again, there was no info before hand so after staying up until 1 a.m. and getting back up early for the next day I didn't much care about finding that the comp was available for replay.

No idea about commentary. I'm guessing the ISU will have commentary, but who knows.
All of the Men's FS from 4CC disappeared from the ISU the next day and I tried multiple VPN countries but they were all gone because of some type of violation.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Have there been any reports from the skaters as to how they're doing in the lead up to Worlds? If Isabeau can go clean in both programs, I think she's the only US skater with the tech content to compete with the Japanese Ladies.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, my journey to Japan begins now! Thankfully made it on my bus to Los Angeles just in time.

Incidentally, my Uber driver was playing this song on the way to the bus station. Now I'm hoping one of the ice dance teams uses it next season! :rock:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well, my journey to Japan begins now! Thankfully made it on my bus to Los Angeles just in time.

Incidentally, my Uber driver was playing this song on the way to the bus station. Now I'm hoping one of the ice dance teams uses it next season! :rock:

Bon Voyage! Let us know what its like to be in a country with plum blossums and no cigarette butts and trash everywhere.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Without announcing anything to anyone I know, Peacock offered some replays during U. S. Nationals. I think most of the replays were only up for 2 days. I'm not sure if all the comps were offered for replay...getting older has made my memory less dependable. I am hoping that because so many in the U. S. are going to stay up from late night to overnight to see all of the WC comps that MAYBE Peacock will offer replays for a couple of days and actually tell us in advance so we can plan accordingly.

I think they offered a few replays of 4CC and those were only available for a couple of days. Again, there was no info before hand so after staying up until 1 a.m. and getting back up early for the next day I didn't much care about finding that the comp was available for replay.

No idea about commentary. I'm guessing the ISU will have commentary, but who knows.
All of the Men's FS from 4CC disappeared from the ISU the next day and I tried multiple VPN countries but they were all gone because of some type of violation.
Wow...the mens must have gone down after the ladies free....and even that was available with VPN. The legal arm of the big 3 music companies is long...this is just a WAG but I suspect the three music companies contact youtube depending on if the national/international music rights have been "violated" and there would be no monitary justification for youtube to fight or even question their complaints. This all makes me think that while I cant watch all of worlds live due to medical issues, I had better watch replays ASAP. Just as the USFS told us they are trying to work with Peacock on the replay issue (no questions, please) the ISU is searching for a broadcast/recast partner and revenue stream to take the flak. This will all play out next season.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
For the people that are surprised that the men's free skate is sold out. I am not. Shoma Uno is popular in his own right. The Japanese men are solid contenders for medals . U add in Ilia Malinin and France and others the men's free skate will be exciting . The other disciplines are good However the pairs is between ASK/BF and RM/RK with the edge going to RM/RK. DSD could pull off the upset. The dance more about PG/PP with Italy and C/B close behind no one would be surprised if they won. The women more likely Kaori , yes Loena but outside of that who. Yes Isabeau/Isabella or Anastasia could but Mai could pull it off . Japan singles is so strong they could sweep both men's and women's podium in Japan the men might be more expected to do it. As I stated Shoma Uno is popular in Japan in his own right.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I'm in Japan! But I'm in an extremely long line at Narita Airport...at least it appears to be moving.
If I may ask, which terminal did you arrive in? And how was the immigration process, did they ask you to show your covid vaccination certificate? Did they ask you about QR code from the Visit Japan Web?

I'm arriving in Terminal 3 on Saturday evening, trying to calculate how much time I need to clear the airport 😅

So excited to finally arrive in Japan! Hope we can meet up in Saitama 😄

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If I may ask, which terminal did you arrive in? And how was the immigration process, did they ask you to show your covid vaccination certificate? Did they ask you about QR code from the Visit Japan Web?

I'm arriving in Terminal 3 on Saturday evening, trying to calculate how much time I need to clear the airport 😅

You guys live the dream for us.....look at the Cherry/Plum blossoms, eat the food, enjoy yourselves.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Feel free to ask! I arrived at Terminal 1. I think the actual disembarkation process took about an hour, though I didn't actually leave the airport for at least another hour and a half due to being incredibly frustrated with being unable to activate the Japanese SIM card I bought from a vending machine at the airport. I have still not been able to activate that card and am currently depending on WiFi to access the internet.

Yes, they asked to me show my vaccination card. Yes, they asked me to show my QR codes (immigration and customs-- the yellow and red pages) from Visit Japan Web. They have free WiFi for displaying the codes, but it is more efficient to already have the codes screenshotted for easy access. But before you display those QR codes, you have to display the blue page (former quarantine/vaccination page) from Visit Japan Web. I made the mistake of only screenshotting the top of the blue page, confidently thinking that it would be enough to enter Japan. Imagine my dismay when I was asked to show the rest of the page too! 😂 Thankfully they directed me to the aforementioned WiFi and helped me log into it.

Hopefully we can meet up in Saitama, as long as there's enough places for free WiFi. 🤣

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Feel free to ask! I arrived at Terminal 1. I think the actual disembarkation process took about an hour, though I didn't actually leave the airport for at least another hour and a half due to being incredibly frustrated with being unable to activate the Japanese SIM card I bought from a vending machine at the airport. I have still not been able to activate that card and am currently depending on WiFi to access the internet.

Yes, they asked to me show my vaccination card. Yes, they asked me to show my QR codes (immigration and customs-- the yellow and red pages) from Visit Japan Web. They have free WiFi for displaying the codes, but it is more efficient to already have the codes screenshotted for easy access. But before you display those QR codes, you have to display the blue page (former quarantine/vaccination page) from Visit Japan Web. I made the mistake of only screenshotting the top of the blue page, confidently thinking that it would be enough to enter Japan. Imagine my dismay when I was asked to show the rest of the page too! 😂 Thankfully they directed me to the aforementioned WiFi and helped me log into it.

Hopefully we can meet up in Saitama, as long as there's enough places for free WiFi. 🤣
IIRC Japan is a civilized country with more WIFI than the US.