2023 NHK Trophy Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Free Dance

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I am not the biggest fan of the Italians (Although I completely respect their technical brilliance, I don't find them to be well matched physically, or interesting performers), but that was a lovely palate cleanser after the previous program. It was far more complex and sophisticated. Well done! :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t hate the program and I like this team, but I’m sorry, that score is preposterous. This team makes a good argument for the re-implementation of the compulsory dance. I would like to see Lilah Fear’s free leg extend during a waltz.
We don't even have a rhythm for the rhythm dance. Let alone are they going to bring back compulsories. Which is really too bad since it was such a good way to compare teams.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OKay.. i am falling off my chair... FG have higher TES LOL than the most technical team in the world LOL
Don't they always say you can't compare competitions when it comes to scores?

Although that probably doesn't really make sense with TES since it's meant to be technical and all 🤔

Still I assume when Charlene and Marco meet Piper and Paul and Madison and Evan in the GPF their scores won't be as high.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Don't they always say you can't compare competitions when it comes to scores?

Although that probably doesn't really make sense with TES since it's meant to be technical and all 🤔

Still I assume when Charlene and Marco meet Piper and Paul and Madison and Evan in the GPF their scores won't be as high.
Not comparing competitions... this is the same event :) THe Italians are reputed to be the best technicians.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The French team had the best FP for me. I don't think they should have medaled, but that's the one I would rewatch and share with my friends who enjoy skating.
They also had the best RD for me. I love it more every time I see it.