2023-24 Junior Grand Prix Final Women's Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Junior Grand Prix Final Women's Free Skate

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I'll take that Ami, great fight!! Please please rest up now and let your injury fully heal.

Despite the mistakes, her SS and performance are still mesmerizing. Her glide and movement with the music is just glorious. I'm glad she still got good PCS.

And now to my other child, Rena! :cheer:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Good for Ami keeping it together after the 3A fall (figured she wasn't gonna land it anyway)
Injury aside, you can tell she's going through a growth spurt (body maturing) which is probably why she's been muscling her jumps this season (which could've led to her injury?)

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Rena UEZONO 🇯🇵
Pray, Mechanisms

3Lz+3T
3Lo
3F+2T
3S
FSSp4
3Lz
3F
2A+2A+2T+SEQ
LSp3
ChSq1+1.33
CCoSp4

FS: 127.59 (1st)
TOT: 196.46 (1st)

Rena is so fast! She just flies in and out of her jumps! I worry about her hammer toe but other than that she's just so good! Her choreo sequence was one of the best in terms of musical phrasing, although not performance, today.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I saw a programme a few weeks ago where the skater finished very far ahead of their music, and they looked completely lost for a moment. And they then started waving their arms around to try and make it look like they hadn't finished early.

Can't remember if this strategic use of armography worked, though.
Haha I love that I hope it worked ;)

Man why is this music so familiar?

In other news I really like Rena's dress!

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a hard piece of music to give to a youngster like Rena. The french dancers can handle it, but I'm not sure it is the best choice for Rena. She is a marvelous skater and jumper who skated very, very well here.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
not the right music for Rena, it feels weird and she's do nothing to interpret the music, maybe because we got so many amzing, quirky and unforgettable performances on this music (Bradie and Kazuki from the top of my head)

icewhite

Record Breaker
programwise I liked this best so far

but they could have kept her make up a bit darker

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Uezono brings it! I love her style and choreography. She needs a little bit more expression and the choreo sequence needs improvement, but that was a great skate. She’s also consistent! That should be enough for a medal.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ooh, really liked how Rena interpreted the "Mechanisms" part of the music with her jump landings. Heck, that music itself is improving my admittedly cranky mood right now

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Whaaatt, Rena just started skating 6 years ago!? That was AMAZING!!!

LSp level 3, but other than that all level 4 and all jumps got high GOEs :clap:
She watered down her content a bit here and and at Japanese Junior Nats some weeks ago though (she used to do 3Lz+3T+2T and 3F+3T), I hope that's not because of injury.

RENA GOT A MEDAL YAYYYYYYY