2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Women's Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Women's Free Skate

Rebecca Moose

toots
On the Ice
Country
United-States
if yoshida's program wasn't such a snooze I could see a case for her winning overall. she still won the LP by 12.5 points, which is fair.

loena's LP is a mess, but at least it's different and interesting and not generic

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
or the start...or the middle...
True. It's really confusing to me, but likeability isn't part of the score, is it? I like 80s music, even though I was born at the end of the decade, but Madonna just don't really work as free program music for me.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Kaori SAKAMOTO šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡µ
Wild Is the Wing, Feeling Good

2A
3Lz!
3S
CCoSp4
StSq4

3F (stepout)
FSSp4
3F+3T
2A+3T+2T
ChSq1 +1.63
3Lo+2T
(KAORI YOU BRILLIANT GIRL GETTING THAT THIRD COMBO IN)
FCCoSp4

FS: 148.35 (1st)
TOT: 225.70 (1st)

It's interesting to see the evolution of Kaori's programs over the season. I think both she and the audience gets more connected to them the more she skates them. This was by far her best performance of this program. I was worried she would lose her head after the first flip, but she kept it together

icewhite

Record Breaker
Looked like she was a bit in shock about the mistake or maybe hurt in the moment.

Idiote

On the Ice
Oh my, I gasped so loud at that flip I woke my cats up lol :tantrum:
Well done Kaori, my beloved šŸ’œšŸ’œšŸ’œ

I'm happy for her but I'm still salty over Hana, frankly I would have had Nina 3rd and Hana 2nd but I guess the short program made the difference

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLDā€¦.in 2026.
Final Flight
Thatta girl, Sakamoto. Best 2A in the world. The mistake on the first flip resulted in all backloaded combos. And she remembered to tack on the 2T to the loop. Well done. Sheā€™s well-trained.

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Kaori is one of the few skaters showing real stylistic versatility. Her programs may not always be an instant hit, but it takes so much courage to divert from the winning formula and try new things every season. Love her skating and such a deserved win here, finally! :yahoo:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Such a shame about the early mistake, because the rest of the programme was amazing!!!

If she doesn't win, I'm going to riot!

I've already got a bad taste in my mouth after the previous skater's scores. Don't make it worse. Please. Kaori deserves to win.

CaroLiza_fan