2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Women's Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Women's Free Skate

icewhite

Record Breaker
if yoshida's program wasn't such a snooze I could see a case for her winning overall. she still won the LP by 12.5 points, which is fair.

loena's LP is a mess, but at least it's different and interesting and not generic

I am usually fond of modern programs and bored by the typical instrumental sweetness, but I don't think Hana's is generic. It has some interesting moments and build. Loena is posing and otherwise skating on two feet. I know she's capable of much more, but Loena's program is a pure pretender, Hana's is not the world beater, but rather strong imo.

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Kaori's never had my favorite programs either, although I do like her short this year. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of different. I love movie scores and prefer warhorses to modern-ish, granted I could probably get into a Taylor Swift program, but I enjoy Taylor Swift in the first place. I don't mind Starr Andrews using the Glee cover of Being Good Isn't Good Enough either because Lea Michele is one of my favorite singers.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
IMO Loena deservedly got the silver here due to her SP lead. Don't forget that Hana fell twice in her SP, and that definitely cost her the silver. One can even argue that Hana's SP score was quite generous.

I hope Hana will stop insisting the 3A in her SP, but now that she actually landed it in her FP, she's probably gonna keep it in the SP too ey 😅

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I really, really, really wanna enjoy Loena but I just can't with these (imo) awful programs. :slink: Every season I keep hoping she will do something different, but she never does.
I feel the complete opposite. I think Loena's programs are so refreshing in a field of nauseating lovey dovey cute little oh-look-I-am-a-little-princess programs.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh good an English translation too :)

I do know that she thanked her fans very much! You're welcome, Kaori!

readernick

Medalist
IMO Loena deservedly got the silver here due to her SP lead. Don't forget that Hana fell twice in her SP, and that definitely cost her the silver. One can even argue that Hana's SP score was quite generous.

I hope Hana will stop insisting the 3A in her SP, but now that she actually landed it in her FP, she's probably gonna keep it in the SP too ey 😅
I think Hana has a decent argument for winning the LP. But, the SP score was generous given what she put out on the ice so I'm fine with the result. Hana is actually my favorite skater here. I love her speed and dramatic programs but she needs to be more consistent.

Skating91

Medalist
Hmmm Loenas didn´t get UR? Her TES didn´t go down. That was very close, I think I would have Hana ahead.

Hana should feel aggrieved she didn't get silver.

Five judges gave this combo +3 yesterday. At the minimum the first jump should get a q and the second jump is an underrotation. Some skaters are just held to a completely different standard than others it's like they are competing on some kind of video game cheat mode. Totally corrupt.

Loena-combo.jpg

icewhite

Record Breaker
I feel the complete opposite. I think Loena's programs are so refreshing in a field of nauseating lovey dovey cute little oh-look-I-am-a-little-princess programs.

I think Hana's short does a better job at a similar style, though. Loena is much more effortless and has better flow when she's on, but in terms of choreo...

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
LOL I've suddenly imagined a program that starts off all classic with piano music and then suddenly in the middle it goes into some hard rock :rock: Kind of like what Lukas B from Switzerland does, that'd be pretty epic.