2016 Sarajevo Open 4-7 february | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Sarajevo Open 4-7 february

berry8

Final Flight
hmm I thought she'd go for 3A

Me too :/
Considering that she has always gone for 3-4 triples in her SPs a 2triples SP sounds... weird :/
Besides that the fact that a 3-2 combo has been put in the first half of the program when she has tried to execute a 3T-3T in the second half all the season long seems a disappointing defeat to me.

Hope she will almost have a 6 triples LP (considering she has not a triple-triple)...

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This camera is sooo far away I feel like I need binoculars just to see whats going on :reye:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
is anyone watching? i feel like i hacked into some security camera and watching through there, there is no close up whatsoever :laugh: i know i should be grateful for a livestream but this experience is new for me :biggrin:

LOL, I try to watch a bit too, but… :scratch2:

Elizaveta: 2A, 3T2T / 3Lz ; score=60,67 if i heard correctly

So she’s not in super shape then. I think I heard total score 162 something? Wonder what Mishin’s philosophy is coming to Sarajevo with Elizaveta, Petrov and the girl called Mariia? Do they still not have enough ice in S:t Petersburg or does he just want them to have competition feelings?

ETA anyone who can see the results here? http://www.ksbih.ba/SO2016/index.htm

I can't...

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK. I have been talking to somebody that was at the Sarajevo Open, and they were saying that people are not at all happy with the way the event was scored.

Apparantly, because Liza was there, the judges were marking VERY strictly for ALL the competitions (not just the Senior Ladies). But, then they were VERY generous for Liza herself.

Being a Liza fan, it pains me to say this. But, it seems like they were trying to make it look like she was doing better than she was. Try and boost her confidence after the season she has been having, and give her belief in this new SP.

Whilst this might boost her confidence in the short term, it won't do her any favours in the long term. All it is doing is setting her up for an even bigger fall when she does go to another competition and thinks she has done fine, but doesn't score as well. And that won't do her confidence any good.

So, that might explain why the organisers are taking their time putting the results up. They are hoping we will get fed up checking, and they can get the results up without anybody noticing.

CaroLiza_fan

NaVi

Medalist
CaroLiza_fan, I'm not a huge Liza fan but the people you talked to need to get over themselves... she was not held up at all in the SP and her PCS was no way inflated from what she normally gets for the FS.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
CaroLiza_fan, I'm not a huge Liza fan but the people you talked to need to get over themselves... she was not held up at all in the SP and her PCS was no way inflated from what she normally gets for the FS.

Admittedly, it was the parent of another skater that was competing at the event that I was talking to. So, it might just have been a group of Mums who were not happy about how their children were scored.

But, I would still like to see all the scores before making up my own mind.

So, I hope the organisers hurry up and get them posted!

EDIT: Just checked again, and they are up now! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I found it interesting that her FS PCS marks actually dropped compared to what she received in the SP. That doesn't usually happen. I'm also assuming she planned on doing some if not most of the double jumps. The singl Axel is a bit perplexing though even in a sequence with a double Salchow. Just not something you expect to see from someone whose jump technique is their strength.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm sure doing both programs the same day didn't help anyone, but I really wonder what is going on with Mishin's team this season, in all aspects.

Imagine

Medalist
Admittedly, it was the parent of another skater that was competing at the event that I was talking to. So, it might just have been a group of Mums who were not happy about how their children were scored.

LOL, I know this is a serious matter, but I just can't help it. I keep cracking up imagining these skate moms looking pissed off because their children did not score well against the World Champion :laugh2:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
My only question is: What's the point of skating like this as a reigning WC here, even though she is not going to the Worlds? Simply unbelievable!