Alexandra Trusova | Page 115 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Yasmina1996

Rinkside
It would be nice if tech controllers think so. But it wasn’t even flat. Not so deep like her Lz, but outer in fact.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Are you really sure? It’s absolutely outer edge. See more closely one more time but that was obvious.
What do you want to achieve by claiming this? If you want to discuss your assumptions, then Sasha FF is definitely not the place for them.
There is
https://m.imgur.com/a/SNaqmHG

Her 4F had an outside edge during practices. She does not have this issue on her 3F.

The quality of this photo does not allow me to see any details to serve as evidence of anything.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Good luck to Sasha today! I can't wait to see her transform into a mountain troll - it is one of my favourite moments in her SP and makes me laugh from pure joy.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Well, I was a bit shocked when Sasha fell, and then my brain caught up with me and went "That was a triple axel, dummy", and I went "Oh, of course, that makes sense." And then up she got and went on skating. I honestly haven't seen anyone who brushes off falls quite as easily as she does. She just isn't afraid to take risks, nor for them to fail, and I love her for that. She will just keep on trying until she gets it. That said, please don't fall tomorrow, Sasha. It's not good for my heart. Just land all your jumps safely, please.

Also, I think she got level 4 for all her spins. Well done her! She really does work on improving all aspects of her skating, even if the jumps are what she lives for.

Arbitrary

Medalist
I can imagine tomorrow's K&C...

- Nothing special. It was only 14 points deficit.

Let her dream to win a Major be fulfilled tomorrow evening. Sasha likes to skate before her main opponents.
Let it be ..

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Awhh Sasha baby, today just wasn't your day placing 5th [emoji24]
It was just that naughty 3A that caught her out, the rest of her programme was brilliant!
That being said, it was great of her to actually attempt the 3A, and it was her first time with it in the programme so maybe next time she can land it : ))
I thought Sasha's spins were especially strong today which I was very pleased about [emoji106]
I'm also very proud of her for the 3Lz 3T combo bc it was planned to be 3Lz 3Lo but after the 3Lz, she wasn't in a good position to go into the loop so she improvised and made in into a beautiful 3Lz 3T combination! So well done Sasha for improvising!
I hope she will be able to land all her jumps tomorrow! 5 quads!! [emoji51]
I believe in her so let's see what happens
I know this is Sasha's thread, but I just had to say congrats to Alyona on her unbelievable score!!

Imagine

Medalist
Love that she had the guts to go for the 3A...

I'm rooting for Alena here, but Sasha is definitely not out of the running yet. She can win by way of the FS alone, so everyone has to watch out. The Quad Queen is coming, and she's bringing real quads...not the 2-inches-off-the-ground "quads" being done by some skaters. Anyway, she's still one of my favorites, and I resent the argument that she lacks artistry. No. She. Doesn't. It's just a different kind of athletic artistry that is just as valid in my eyes. The sport needs skaters like Sasha, and also skaters like Alena. They need each other as motivation to push the limits of the sport.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice

I'm rooting for Alena here, but Sasha is definitely not out of the running yet. She can win by way of the FS alone, so everyone has to watch out. The Quad Queen is coming, and she's bringing real quads...not the 2-inches-off-the-ground "quads" being done by some skaters. Anyway, she's still one of my favorites, and I resent the argument that she lacks artistry. No. She. Doesn't. It's just a different kind of athletic artistry that is just as valid in my eyes. The sport needs skaters like Sasha, and also skaters like Alena. They need each other as motivation to push the limits of the sport.

This x1000 likes, I love this post

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
She went for 3A! Incredible! :yahoo: I am hoping so hard to see her FS come together and be awesome.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I just want to say that I admire Sasha's guts. Playing safe is not in her vocabulary. A true Targaryen if you ask me :)))))

sk8kirsty

On the Ice

This is so true [emoji4]

SkatingFan9

On the Ice
Sasha will not be satisfied with this result, but she will also not be deflated. There is no shame in taking a bronze, especially considering she made 3 very costly mistakes.

Had she not popped her 4S and had she not fell and underrated on the 4T, she would have taken gold. And that is despite the huge deficit (14 points) she faced after the SP.

What is there to learn from all of this? Sasha always controls her own destiny. She never needs to rely on the mistakes of others when she skates clean/how she is capable of. And there is no other female skater in the world who can say that. She will be back with a vengeance at RusNats.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Congratulations, Sasha!

That 4F was amazing! The first 4F ever attempted in competition by a lady, and so clean that for a second I thought, "Wow, her 4T is so secure, but something looked different about it..." I can't imagine anyone unfamiliar with figure skating would ever guess that that was a first for her!

I'm glad she looked so happy! I know probably every athlete wants to win, but I think a big part of the appeal of these jumps for Sasha is just doing them and nabbing all the glory and the history even if she doesn't win. She's truly one-of-a-kind. :biggrin: