dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Friday, January 20, 2017
13:27 (UTC -5)

Senior Women's Short Program

Time in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...66&p7=37&p8=235&p9=248&p10=33&p11=240&p12=224

Ottawa, Ontario at The Arena at TD Place

Starting Order Name Section

1 Veronique Cloutier NO

2 Maya Lappin CO
SP "U Plavu Zoru" by Pink Martini
LP

3 Jane Gray AB/NT/NU
SP "You Raise Me Up," performed by Celtic Woman
LP "Habanera," from the Don Juan de Marco soundtrack, performed by London Metropolitan Orchestra

4 Valérie Bergeron QC
SP
LP "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina," performed by Madonna

5 Michelle Lifshits CO

6 Megan Yim BC/YK
SP "Requiem: IX. Pie Jesu" by Karl Jenkins
LP Irma La Douce soundtrack, "I Got Rhythm" by the Puppini Sisters

7 Emy Decelles QC
SP
LP Baz Luhrmann soundtrack to The Great Gatsby, including "Crazy In Love" [Kid Koala version], "Hotel Sayre," featuring Lana Del Rey, and "Bang, Bang" featuring will.i.am

8 Michelle Long CO

9 Rachel LaFleche WO

10 Emma Cullen EO

11 Kim Deguise Léveillé QC
SP
LP Breakfast at Tiffany's soundtrack, including "Something for the Cat" and "Moon River"
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55971-Kim-Deguise-L%E9veill%E9

12 Kim Decelles QC
SP Dr. Zhivago soundtrack by Maurice Jarre: Lara's Theme (from "Dr. Zhivago" soundtrack) by Maurice Jarre, Interior Student's Cafe (from "Dr. Zhivago" soundtrack) by Maurice Jarre, Intermission and End Title (from "Dr. Zhivago" soundtrack) by Maurice Jarre; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP Miss Saigon Suite: "Now That I've Seen Her" from the Miss Saigon soundtrack

13 Larkyn Austman BC/YK
SP "Be Italian" by Fergie
LP "The Mirror (Angel of Music)" by Andrew Lloyd Webber from the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack

14 Alicia Pineault QC
SP Fallin' by Alicia Keys; choreo by Sebastien Britten
LP Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix (from "Samson et Delilah") by Camille Saint-Saens; choreo by Sebastien Britten

15 Sarah Tamura BC/YK
SP Asturias by Isaac Albeniz performed by William Joseph, feat. Jesse Cook; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Joanne McLeod, Megan Wing
LP The Firebird by Igor Stravinski; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Joanne McLeod, Megan Wing

16 Kaetlyn Osmond AB/NT/NU
SP Sous le ciel de Paris performed by Edith Piaf, Milord performed by Edith Piaf; choreo by Lance Vipond, Jeffrey Buttle
LP Mimi Tells Her Story (from "La Boheme - The Ballet") by G. Puccini, arranged by K. Hocking, Sono Andati (from "La Boheme") by Giacomo Puccini; choreo by Lance Vipond, Jeffrey Buttle
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?39185-Kaetlyn-Osmond

17 Gabrielle Daleman CO
SP Acte IV Prelude from "Herodiade" by Jules Massenet, Scene XIV Ballet Finale from "Herodiade" by Jules Massenet; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin; choreo by Lori Nichol
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55190-Gabrielle-Daleman

18 Alaine Chartrand EO
SP Pina soundtrack; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
LP Rome soundtrack by Jeff Beal; choreo by David Wilson
FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55189-Alaine-Chartrand

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
Question! - What will or should SC do if Alaine were to end up in the top 2 here? Or even worse if Kaetlyn ends up 3rd again behind Gabby and Alaine? Do you think they will have a skate off at 4CC to choose the world team? Do you think they would leave Gabby off the world team after the great showing she had last year and her progress this season. I mean now that Alaine has gone back to her old short program it may just be the boost she needs to skate like she did at last year's nationals!
And when was the last time we were able to ask these type of questions in regards to ladies in Canada. ;-)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Question! - What will or should SC do if Alaine were to end up in the top 2 here? Or even worse if Kaetlyn ends up 3rd again behind Gabby and Alaine? Do you think they will have a skate off at 4CC to choose the world team? Do you think they would leave Gabby off the world team after the great showing she had last year and her progress this season. I mean now that Alaine has gone back to her old short program it may just be the boost she needs to skate like she did at last year's nationals!
And when was the last time we were able to ask these type of questions in regards to ladies in Canada. ;-)

this is a good question.... I think that Kaetlyn and Gabby should go to worlds.. but if Alaine places 1st again, I would hope they would consider a skate-off at 4CC..

the last time we were in that situation : well... not really ever in that situation ;) but Lacoste and Phaneuf did do a skate off... for the only one spot Canada had... unfortunately back then, it wasn't because they were both at their peak... If I recall Phaneuf had been injured and Lacoste just edged her....

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'd like to think that even if Kaetlyn finished third she'd get a spot, whether through a skate-off at 4CC or just SC's choice. She's earned it, imo, with her performance this season. She's the only one of the three who can be considered a medal contender (I'm not saying that a podium finish is the expectation, but it is a possibility after her 4th place finish at GPF). It would certainly be a bit awkward though.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I think you have to consider a skaters results over the course of the season and not just one event. As I have said in the pre-season, the two spots should go to the skaters who have demonstrated consistency, remembering that the ultimate goal is to try to secure 3 spots for the Olympics.

Sackie

Medalist
But SC in the past has shown that they sometimes simply go by the end results at Nationals regardless of what happens during the season. Jen Robinson being sent over Josee (Who skated badly because she had an injury) and then Ben Ferrier over Jeffry Buttle (who skated badly because he had got food poison at the GPF)!
But I agree it is best to send Kaetlyn and Gabby at this point and hope they can secure 3 spots for next year so all three of these skaters can make it to the Olympics!
Also wonder if at this point Alaine's team may realise this would be the best option. Cause I am sure given the option of missing worlds this year and getting to go to the Olympics next year is something even Alaine would go for.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I hope that Skate Canada does not announce World teams after Nationals this year. It doesn't hurt to wait until Four Continents is done.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
sorry for jen's fans but i was FURIOUS when she got sent over Josée...

It pretty much ended Josée amateur career.... she redeemed herself at GPF though but still... I was so angry... Josée wasn't top shape and all season she had done well (qualifying for GPF for instance).. and on top of that, Jen didn't have the best skate of her life either.... if she had done much better fine.. that was a very costly mistake for Canada.... I think they tried to prevent that when they had Cynthia and Amélie skate off at 4CC... but it just wasn't to be for Cynthia.... Amélie, sorry for those who really liked her, never did it for me... though she had an amazing triple loop... so I was again, pissed off she managed to pull one out of the hat to go to worlds....

My biggest hope : no controversy. Yes, I'd like Kaetlyn and Gabby to go to worlds. However, if Alaine were to win by a landslide, how not send her? It's important to consider the "be at your best when it counts" and for these girls nationals is "when it counts" this year.

I like the idea of looking at the complete season but at the same time, some skaters peak sooner than others. Kaetlyn was pretty strong right from the start and it stayed like that. But last year, Alaine didn't really have a fabulous GP season when she was attempting the 3A but I think she 100% deserved to go to worlds with her brilliant skating at Nationals... Of course, it was an easier decision last year.

Let's see what happens... OMG... so exciting.
But SC in the past has shown that they sometimes simply go by the end results at Nationals regardless of what happens during the season. Jen Robinson being sent over Josee (Who skated badly because she had an injury) and then Ben Ferrier over Jeffry Buttle (who skated badly because he had got food poison at the GPF)!
But I agree it is best to send Kaetlyn and Gabby at this point and hope they can secure 3 spots for next year so all three of these skaters can make it to the Olympics!
Also wonder if at this point Alaine's team may realise this would be the best option. Cause I am sure given the option of missing worlds this year and getting to go to the Olympics next year is something even Alaine would go for.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
WD - 1 Jordan Topolnyski AB/NT/NU has been replaced by Veronique Cloutier NO

I really hope that given how important this World Championships is would see reason and choose the two best female skaters to send in order to try and secure that third spot! It has to be Kaetlyn & Gabby given their performances thus far in the season!!

Sackie

Medalist
4ever - I liked Jen yes - but I too did not understand them sending Jen over Josee that year. It might have been OK for them to give the title to Jen but they still would have grounds on which to send Josee to worlds. Have to wonder if Josee had not skated at Nationals because of an injury what SC might have done!
I think by sending Jen earlier then she was probably even expecting put extra pressure on her and therefore she did not place well at her 1st worlds. Had Josee gone and won back 2 spots for Can - then if Jen went the next year as part of a two lady team there would not have been as much pressure and she might have moved up the ranks faster.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
agreed... and that's why they didn't send Cynthia when she won... she was too young... etc... but damn was she good... talk about one skater who had her best years before puberty ... but then, I feel she redeemed herself when she placed 5th in the WC... I adored Cynthia...
4ever - I liked Jen yes - but I too did not understand them sending Jen over Josee that year. It might have been OK for them to give the title to Jen but they still would have grounds on which to send Josee to worlds. Have to wonder if Josee had not skated at Nationals because of an injury what SC might have done!
I think by sending Jen earlier then she was probably even expecting put extra pressure on her and therefore she did not place well at her 1st worlds. Had Josee gone and won back 2 spots for Can - then if Jen went the next year as part of a two lady team there would not have been as much pressure and she might have moved up the ranks faster.

Sackie

Medalist
And I still feel had she proved herself more consistent before that year she would have won the bronze medal. She certainly should have except she didn't have the rep that the others did.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm here-ish. Probably not going to be watching very hard till the last group honestly.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
I only have TSN4, so I'm not sure if I will be able to watch the last group.
It will not be streamed on dailymotion, right?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I'm at work :'( but I'll be following here! I'm sorry Alaine dropped her 'Sway' sp, I really liked it

tulosai

Record Breaker
That actually wasn't bad by Cloutier. Sloppy, but enjoyable. She's 25 though so probably no real potential there.