Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Happy to hear that Yuzuru's getting his choreography done. He'll be able to head back to Sendai for a bit.

What do you guys think will be his first competition? If he's healthy, he's going to be a doing a Senior B. Maybe Autumn Classic?

And I'm looking forward to seeing Yuzuru at Skate Canada. Hoping to get him something not Pooh related (he probably has too much Winnie in his life). I'm open to ideas. :)

raebia

Rinkside
...in this MAD it was for the first time I could look at Worlds fs without pain/sorrow..well. It ist time to look forward:).

SuzyQ

Medalist

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Thank you alia :yay:

Around 4:40, Yuzuru says in the intervew at Nagoya, "I like castles. After retired, I want to take time to see Nagoya castle thoroughly."

Do you think this relates in some way to "Tono Risoku de Gozaru" movie by any chance ? He might have the movie in mind. Just IMO :biggrin:
maybe he just wants to play with the samurai :biggrin:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 2676 - 2680

NEWS

https://twitter.com/celery_17/status/749137588271788032
So Yuzu's sp is by Jeff and LP by Shae which was already completed by Faoi Kobe.

Apparently he will work on his SP choreography this month.

This is a small part of Brian Orser's interview to the "Art Entertainment Magazine"- It was translated in Russian in closed group and my friend translated it into English. Orser said:
"We have been discussing his participation at Nagano Faoi tiil the last days, but it was more of a convincing him from my side than discussion, Yuzuru's health condition was not good enough to do shows, if he come and do shows I know he wouldn't have refrained from jumping quads- you know well how he is."

News shared @YHIFG fb

Yuzu is in Japan high school English study material for the summer vacation, photo1 and photo2. - shared by Yumi Hirasawa

Yuzu will donate all royalties from the new autobiography Blue Flame II to Ice Rink Sendai and the publisher ‘Fusosha’ will also donate part of the revenue from the sales. The books will also be donated to over 300 junior high schools & high schools in his hometown Miyagi. It's estimated to reach around 12 thousands students. - shared by Echo Cheng

NHK has donated part of sales revenue (3,850,000 yen) of DVD "Hana wa Saku on Ice ~ performed by Shizuka Arakawa & Yuzuru Hanyu" via Japan Olympics Committee (JOC) to earthquake disaster area for reconstruction purpose. Source: NHK annual report (page 11). DVD can be purchase here. - shared by Echo Cheng

Yuzu visit to Seimei shrine is featured in their newsletter, photo1 & photo2. - shared by Midori Nakakita

PICTURES, VIDEOS & OTHER

New photo on the JSF Bio. Still 171cm of course (we have this conversation every year )
http://skatingjapan.or.jp/national/detail.php?athlete_id=27

I saw them on facebook I don't know if you can see the link but here it is:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1610393525875114?view=permalink&id=1742024846045314&fs=2

If unable to view the Blue Flames II photos from FB here are some on tumblr #1, #2, #3, #4

Ioanna shared some photos of Yuzu & team at DOI 2015 in JT thread as follows

Larger version of one of the photos http://seobiiiiieluv.tumblr.com/post/146755309052

Shared by Echo Cheng @YHIFG fb
"A sweet moment when Yuzu shared his gold medal after Sochi to a little girl training at Cricket Club. This photo shared by a weibo fan who took it with permission from its owner. Thank both of them."

..I wanted to share this MAD I found. I think music and lyrics are beautiful and give hope for the coming season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-8QQHYPqs

Many greetings to all fans.

This photo triggers curiosity......is it A, B or C?

P&G Yuzu Days drawings #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Real life Sakamoto desu ga?

Background on Sakamoto desu ga? (Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto). The incredibly cool and popular Sakamoto, a genius who is well liked by both girls and boys. Despite the strange situations he may be in, Sakamoto always manages to fix the problem in absolute perfection while still being over the top..... Although he acts strangely sometimes (such as doing weird poses or acting sneakily), it only adds to his coolness. Sakamoto has a range of 'secret skills' which allow him to do various things, such as catch bugs or blow bubbles.

The first autobiography Blue Flame (‘Aoi Honō’), published in April 2012 when he was 17 years old. All royalties from that first book also donated to Ice Rink Sendai. It has sold over 150,000 copies.

Per the editor of the book Kaori Okubo, “The title “Aoi Honoo” (Blue flames) was decided after we chose the cover photo for the book. We thought of it as we looked at the photo. The blue gradient rising from the costume resembles a blue flame. It also symbolises Hanyu’s calmness and his burning fighting spirit. “ - shared by @Yuzuland tumblr. Cover photos of both books .

YzRIKO at DailyMotion created this 30+min video of Yuzu's 2015-2016 Season Recollection. Otsukaresama deshita Yuzuru , and all the best for next season Gambatte

TRANSLATIONS

I read the book today.
The pictures are beautiful(there are many), but the content is...
It's quite shocking and horrifying to know the details of Yuzu's injuries and disease
I was almost about to faint reading some parts. Yuzu is not dramatizing anything but just plainly
explains the fact, then it's even more horrifying.
After reading the book, I thought "Is this worth it?" Apparently he thinks so.
I just hope he won't suffer from pains any more this coming season and all through the Olympic season
(if such a thing is possible...)
The last pages of the book are very touching. I love the way he talks about Requiem

P&G Yuzu Days interview translated by @Yuzusorbet, source: P&G myrepi

YUZU DAYS (30 June 2016) : What figure skating taught me – the stage called the world.

The stage called the world

–It’s a dream, it’s also a wall (challenge)–
When I was little, my home rink was my world. Then from junior to senior. And from Japan to the world. I feel that my stage has gradually grown bigger. When I started to skate in the world, it was really like a dream. Until then, it was a world that existed only on TV, so I was continually surprised and amazed by everything. Same as when I first arrived in Canada, everything was exciting and every day was a day of discovery. Competing in the world, I feel the magnitude of it, and at the same time, I also feel the big wall (challenge) of the reality that there are many great skaters who can do things that I cannot do.

–What I should, it’s just one thing!–
Competing on the world stage, there are many areas that are different from Japan. In order to win, you have to master high level skills, and mental strength is also needed. Because the climate, environment and food are all different, you have to manage and take care of your own physical condition. But whether in Japan or in the world, what I have to do is the same. When I think ‘I want to win!’ in the world of high level skaters, there is nothing else but to keep polishing myself (keep improving). I am able to say this now, but the old me could not say something like this.

About fans throughout the world

–No matter what kind of support, I’m happy–
There is tremendous energy in the support of fans and it always reaches the heart. The feelings of fans who support athletes are the same, no matter what country they are from. But there is a difference in the manner of support. There are fans who like to cosplay to show their support (t/n. I think he means fans who wear Pooh costumes), and there are fans who fill the rink with lots of presents…. the customs and culture of hospitality of the country are shown, and the unique and enthusiastic support raises the excitement level. To support a single athlete, all become united as one, it is something amazing and very happy.

–I want to turn the support into strength–
When the support power is very strong, sometimes I will feel the pressure, in a good sense. Turning that pressure into my own strength is a way of paying back (or living up to) that support. Each time I perform, various sounds arise from the audience area. Depending on the content of the performance, there are expectations, relief, disappointment, etc, but as I skate, the air of the venue moves. I really enjoy that sense of oneness with the whole place and the sense of presence.

To people who are aiming to (compete in) the world

–Do not be afraid of failure or detours–
It is good if it can become good advice to my juniors in the future, but I feel that I am not in that position yet. My mantra is just “Nothing is a waste.” So even if you take a detour or if you fail, it is a 100% opportunity to reflect and think. It may seem like a waste at that time, but some day it will certainly become food for thought on how not to fail again. Sometimes detours (or a roundabout way) become the shortcut in terms of results. So, the things that you want to do, take on the challenge without fear and cherish the experience. That’s what I wish for them.

Yuzuru Hanyu, the university student

I am in the Faculty of Human Sciences 「人間科学部」 and now my major is 「人間情報科学科」(Human Information Science). What kind of study is that? The world is overflowing with information; by what system do people encounter the information, receive it, judge that it is right and continue into action? On what basis do they do that? Data is analysed and many things are capitalised on. I’m learning about the information processing ability of humans, the way they deal with information, of course some things are related to sports and some have nothing to do with sports, such as how changing the position of an office desk affects efficiency and also environmental design with the study of an actual company as an example. To do one report every week is really tough but I work hard to hand them in.

[This 1st series of Yuzu Days has ended. The 2nd series will start in autumn.]

fireovertheice

On the Ice
YzRIKO at DailyMotion created this 30+min video of Yuzu's 2015-2016 Season Recollection. Otsukaresama deshita Yuzuru

Amazing job made by YzRIKO :clapper: (but we know that is also because the subject is an amazing boy :bow:). And thank you alia to have posted the link here.
Very nice and well done also the "final chapter" : https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4968ru_y-h-2015-16-recollections-final-chapter_sport.

Hoping that next season for Yuzuru it will be full of joy and great achievements like the past one.

Good to know he likes castles: maybe for the next late spring/ summer I could invite him to visit some italian castles in which I made the archaeological excavations ;)!

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Good to know he likes castles: maybe for the next late spring/ summer I could invite him to visit some italian castles in which I made the archaeological excavations ;)!
Thanks for sharing @fireovertheice, I didn't realise YzRIKO has a "final chapter" video. And I'm sure he would love to visit the castles especially archeological site, he has a very inquisitive mind and he will bombard you with questions :biggrin:.

maybe he just wants to play with the samurai :biggrin:
After all, boys love chanbara (sword fighting) :laugh:
Remember this scene in the making of Monster Hunter 4G cm where he mentioned that when he was small he used the vacuum cleaner tube as a sword, he even included a demonstration :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.