2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 948 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I agree from faraway, under rotations cannot be detected. I never though Evgenia's jumps were small except 2A before this season. But this seasons, the majority of jumps have that "saved" look, compensated by somewhat hunched upper body upon landing.
from the notes of these that were at the practices the last couple of days her jumps are good yes soemtimeswith ur. But well alina has those too much more this season than zhenya.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I cannot for the life of me remember how Sofia's SP looks :drama:
I remember the FS so much, perhaps because it's the last thing I saw and I've seen it multiple times this season, but whatever. Not gonna look it up, wanna be surprised :biggrin:
May all the ladies be clean, and may Alina have a showing like at Japan Open [me after watching it: :gclap:], and may Zhenya medal, because those 2 are my biggest wishes :hap10: :hap85:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Russian ladies didn't come to play. Glad all three skated well, and hopefully they can do it even better in the free! (Also, Alina winning would be a very welcome confidence boost for her).

ramed

On the Ice
Country
Russia
She <Elizabet Tursynbaeva> can't be first among Russians. She's not Russian.
Technically, no. Actually, yes. She is Muscovite since birth and has dual citizenship. She doesn't speak Kazakh language (she's only half Kazakh and her family's language at home is Russian) Btw I firmly believe Eteriya / Eteristan should participate at ISU competions as a separate nation. :laugh:

Vandevska

Medalist
I think the ladies had a good showing, and they're in a good position for the FS. :clap:

Btw I firmly believe Eteriya / Eteristan should participate at ISU competions as a separate nation. :laugh:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I thought people will miss Liza, Maria or Stanislava, but really you missed Eteri? That's some turn... :biggrin:

Good luck to all of the Russian ladies at Worlds! :hap10:

May Sofia continue her incredible season with another first - her first world championships! She's got the momentum and the consistency, so "all" she needs to do is trust in herself and technique. She can do it!

May Evgenia continue her upswing that she started with her FS at Russian Nationals. With her new combinations and her new coaches, she is hungry to redeem herself after a disappointing season. The SP will be key for it, but she can do it!

May Alina find the same mentality that she had at the Olympics / Nebelhorn Trophy / Japan Open, where she had clean skates. She's got so much talent and potential and just needs to put it all together. This is her year to win Worlds :) She can do it!

Technically, no. Actually, yes. She is Muscovite since birth and has dual citizenship. She doesn't speak Kazakh language (she's only half Kazakh and her family's language at home is Russian) Btw I firmly believe Eteriya / Eteristan should participate at ISU competions as a separate nation. :laugh:

That is hysterical Ramed. ;) Eteri would like it too.

More Russian girls will switch to dual citizenship. Why not? Girls 6 to 10 are really good but buried beneath the top girls with no escape.

Well done Alina. I only wish the score beat her Olympic SP score. But a fine score none the less.

How did Sofia and Zhenya do?

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice

Eteriya/Eterissiya; Eteristan indicates a turkish country, not russian.

Vandevska

Medalist
Honestly I think Alina is in perfect place to win, considering that Rika is not skating in the last group and the judges are giving such scores. It's hers to lose. May she have calm thoughts surrounding her!

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Honestly I think Alina is in perfect place to win, considering that Rika is not skating in the last group and the judges are giving such scores. It's hers to lose. May she have calm thoughts surrounding her!

I think Alina's biggest threat will come from her own team mate - Tursynbaeva. Sort of a da capo of last year's Tutberidze-fight at the Olympics.

Seruleane

Final Flight
So happy for Alina!! Also proud of Evgenia for doing so well and showing she is back. The FS is still anyone’s to win esp given Rika’s two 3As and Lilbet’s 4S, but I wish for all the ladies(esp Alina, Evgenia and Sofia) to skate cleanly again. I am glad I have so many wonderful skates to watch tonight when I get off work!

Vandevska

Medalist
I think Alina's biggest threat will come from her own team mate - Tursynbaeva. Sort of a da capo of last year's Tutberidze-fight at the Olympics.

If you had said this yesterday, I would've disagreed, but considering how Elizabet magically went from max70 the whole season (or career even) to 75 today, I can definitely see thisthe happening.
At this point I predict:
1/2 Alina/Elizabet
3/4/5 Rika/Kaori/Evgenia
and these in any order

leilaraj

On the Ice

So we could have 3 russian spots + 3 Eteristan spots xD

Scott512

Record Breaker
Zhenya is 4th after a clean-ish program (UR on the combination). Sofia is 9th with a clean program.
Anything can happen in the long. All top 11 has a chance to medal.

How could SS be 9th with a clean program? No respect for euro champ.

Top 11 can medal? Really?

What are prospects for Russia keeping 3 spots? I would think good.

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
If you had said this yesterday, I would've disagreed, but considering how Elizabet magically went from max70 the whole season (or career even) to 75 today, I can definitely see thisthe happening.
At this point I predict:
1/2 Alina/Elizabet
3/4/5 Rika/Kaori/Evgenia
and these in any order

I think as long as Alina skates relatively clean she's got this on PCS. Both Alina's and Elizabet's TES in the FS is at round about 80 if they hit. So far, Alina still has the PCS advantage and the lead from the SP. Lilbet is her biggest threat though, I agree.