3lutz-2toe
3salchow-3toe
2axel-1/2loop-3salchow
3lutz
2axel
3loop
3flip

Maybe try something new?
If she wants to be competitive she should be doing the 3Lz3T because she will need it in the short so she might as well also practice it in the long. A 3S3T in the short is not enough these days.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
If she wants to be competitive she should be doing the 3Lz3T because she will need it in the short so she might as well also practice it in the long. A 3S3T in the short is not enough these days.

She could try 3lz-3t in the short and then do the layout mentioned in the long. Satoko did something similar in 2016.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

It would be great if she (or any American woman) did two 3-3 combos like Evgenia.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist

I understand that, but a 3sal3toe is better than a downgraded 3lutz3toe (I think?). And Karen does not fully rotate it, so maybe try an easier triple-triple and get the +GOE? Also, a 3sal3toe is better than a 3loop-2toe (often, Karen makes a mistake on the lutz and then has to add a double toe to her solo jump.) just something to try I guess. I don’t know.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I understand that, but a 3sal3toe is better than a downgraded 3lutz3toe (I think?). And Karen does not fully rotate it, so maybe try an easier triple-triple and get the +GOE? Also, a 3sal3toe is better than a 3loop-2toe (often, Karen makes a mistake on the lutz and then has to add a double toe to her solo jump.) just something to try I guess. I don’t know.

I agree that she should try something like this. She should focus on GOE because doing the hardest combos isn't worth it if she's getting -GOE when she could be getting +GOE for her better jumps and easier combos.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I agree that she should try something like this. She should focus on GOE because doing the hardest combos isn't worth it if she's getting -GOE when she could be getting +GOE for her better jumps and easier combos.

Agreed. Karen could be one of the best, imo. But the path she’s been on is destroying her.☹️
Maybe she could do a 3sal-1/2loop-3sal as her triple-triple? No one else does that specific combination. No one.

Miller

Final Flight
Thoughts???

Karen Chen 2018-19 technical content:

3lutz-2toe
3salchow-3toe
2axel-1/2loop-3salchow
3lutz
2axel
3loop
3flip

Maybe try something new?

The general principle here has to be right, a different triple-triple and 3Lz-2T so she still does 2 Lutzs. 2A-3T and 3T-3T would also work just as well.

The big question is the SP, and I would have thought the time has now come for her to go down the GOE route i.e. 3T-3T + solo 3Lz. The big question is can she go for a 3A. The Trusova train is coming down the track, and you would have thought anyone with the potential for a 3A/quad really has to be going for it right now.

However with the height on her Lutz you would have thought Karen has as good a chance as any. Also she has a little added bonus in that she does a 2A-1Lo-3S, whereas someone like Elizaveta Tuktamysheva does her 3S and 2A in sequence, and so ends up losing 20% of their value, something that doesn’t affect Karen.

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice

I really agree with this. If she's using time practicing 2 different triple triple combos it will affect her chances of cleaning up the one she really needs as she will spend less time on it. The problem isn't the triple lutz, it's the triple toe technique she needs to fix. Her take off is too exaggerated and needs to be much quicker. Many people say she needs to make the lutz smaller to do the lutz toe but she really doesnt need to because there are many people with massive lutzes that can still do 3Lz3T. Polina tsurskaya, Natsya Tarakanova, Eunsoo Lim, Yuna Kim, Gracie Gold (earlier in her career) come to mind. The 3T transfer into the rotation must snap more and then she will get all the way around all the time. She used to struggle getting 2A3T clean most of the time when she competed it. I believe the lutz is not the problem and the toe technique really needs to be looked at. It's just not efficient.

jFarrisFAN

On the Ice
I really agree with this. If she's using time practicing 2 different triple triple combos it will affect her chances of cleaning up the one she really needs as she will spend less time on it. The problem isn't the triple lutz, it's the triple toe technique she needs to fix. Her take off is too exaggerated and needs to be much quicker. Many people say she needs to make the lutz smaller to do the lutz toe but she really doesnt need to because there are many people with massive lutzes that can still do 3Lz3T. Polina tsurskaya, Natsya Tarakanova, Eunsoo Lim, Yuna Kim, Gracie Gold (earlier in her career) come to mind. The 3T transfer into the rotation must snap more and then she will get all the way around all the time. She used to struggle getting 2A3T clean most of the time when she competed it. I believe the lutz is not the problem and the toe technique really needs to be looked at. It's just not efficient.

That makes sense. I hope she can fix this in the off season because her skating is very nice to watch but it’s sad seeing her under rotate jumps all the time.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Gracie Gold will be a cast member of the Skate It Forward charity shows on June 16 in Columbus, Ohio.

The wording of the official social media posts is a little garbled, so it does not seem clear to me whether she will serve only as emcee or whether she also will perform as a skater???

Skate It Forward
‏@Sk8_It_Forward

Appearing as Master of Ceremonies, Skate It Foward welcomes Olympian and two-time National Champion, Gracie Gold to our headling cast! Gracie will be teaching seminar and private lessons during her stay with us.... https://www.facebook.com/SkateItForward/videos/2067647606813358/

5:32 AM - 19 Apr 2018
https://twitter.com/Sk8_It_Forward/status/986945597612707840 (Apr 19)​

Earlier this week, Mariah Bell, Ross Miner, and Camden Pulkinen already were announced as cast members.

The show is for the benefit of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio.

ETA:
Today's cast addition: Stellato/Bartholomay.
https://twitter.com/Sk8_It_Forward/status/987353722476023808 (Apr 20)​

ETA (on Apr 22):

More cast additions:

ETA (on Apr 23):

Not surprisingly, the new site link for the cast list includes Romain Ponsart as well:

FWIW, at the new link with the cast list, the photo of Gracie is a lovely off-ice shot of her. Don't know whether that has any significance in terms of whether or not to expect that she will give a performance as a skater???
The photos of other cast members are on-ice shots.​

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Wondering who is Karen currently working with on her jumps?

Someone made the suggestion of Raf to help her with them - but his roster seems quite full now ?

I’m also wondering if Gracie will be skating or just hosting

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice
Wondering who is Karen currently working with on her jumps?

Someone made the suggestion of Raf to help her with them - but his roster seems quite full now ?

I’m also wondering if Gracie will be skating or just hosting

I believe she will be skating especially since she is currently training with Vincent Restencourt in Aston PA. I hope she's skating! I've missed her skating this year.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Next season the US will have Bradie as a top contender... I think. Right? I mean , I’m still thinking about the fact that even though she had 2 clean programs at Worlds, she was still 6th. And that’s pretty great, it really is. But so far she isn’t a skater that receives 73+ in the sp. And lest we forget, bradie doesn’t have that IT factor that makes her a judges favorite or a fan favorite. She’s just been consistent. We can count on her to be the #1 lady in the US but is that good enough to compete for a medal against the top skaters in the world?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bradie didn't get 73 for her clean SP because of the 37 skaters, she skated 20th---meaning she didn't skate in either the final or the penultimate flights for the SP. She didn't get the higher PCS scores that those in the final two flights got, and that was partly because she was a newbie at Worlds as well. But the judges can't overlook the fact that Bradie finished fourth in the freeskate when many of the others struggled, and now that she has finished in the top 6 at Worlds, and will be a seeded skater in the GP, she will get more respect and recognition from the ISU judges. If she continues to skate clean, and is better packaged with more sophisticated choreo, she should be just as competitive as any of the others.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Mirai and Karen will make a visit in July to Westchester County, New York.

From Westchester Skating Academy:

We are extremely excited to announce @mirainagasu and @karebearsk8 will be joining us for Olympic Week 2018 and starring in @icedreams_tour show!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhz5IpFFlRD/?taken-by=skatewsa (Apr 20)​

The show date is Fri Jul 13.
Olympic Week is Jul 9 -13.

More about Olympic Week:

ETA:
Starr Andrews also announced for the show:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh9Q_QuFz1q/?taken-by=icedreams_tour (Apr 24)​

ETA:

Forgot to post earlier that so far, Bradie Tennell is the only U.S. lady announced for this summer's Sun Valley shows. She will appear on Aug 25.

Still TBA are skaters for four of the Sun Valley shows.

Shibs on July 4. Nathan on July 21.​

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Next season the US will have Bradie as a top contender... I think. Right? I mean , I’m still thinking about the fact that even though she had 2 clean programs at Worlds, she was still 6th. And that’s pretty great, it really is. But so far she isn’t a skater that receives 73+ in the sp. And lest we forget, bradie doesn’t have that IT factor that makes her a judges favorite or a fan favorite. She’s just been consistent. We can count on her to be the #1 lady in the US but is that good enough to compete for a medal against the top skaters in the world?

We'll have to see who makes her way to the top, as there are many women who have had one or two good seasons then fizzle out. Kimmie Meissner, Elena Sokolova, Adelina, and Julia L come to mind. Bradie isn't under the radar anymore, so it will be interesting to watch how she handles the pressure of being the national champion.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker

I truly believe Bradie can become a top contender for the US, although 73 with her current presentation, interpretation ecc ecc might be a bit premature. If she gets better programs next year though, she could reach that mark!