Gracie Gold training for a comeback? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I wonder if there are any news...
Gracie is a skater who would greatly benefit from the new rules, and if she comes back in good shape, she can easily be USA #1.

Very true. IIRC Gracie doesn't underrotated much and when she lands the jumps, it's usually with high GOE. Sounds like the right time to come back.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Gracie has huge potential that's for sure. She has it all BUT it is one thing to say you are coming back but to do it is another. She will have to hold off Bradie who is improving and looks to be trying to garner more points with Romeo Juliet. Time will tell. I just hope Gracie can be actually happy - competitive skating or not. She doesn't need competitive skating to complete her.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i have heard she is going to try and make a comeback. Resencourt is her "head coach". Rumor is she's not able to triple yet. CUI fired Resencourt. Apparently moving to Raf.

TSL has been repeating these rumors as straight facts. Then again, TSL said time and again, as a fact, that Brian Orser, his team, and Brian Orser’s Zamboni driver would never ever be interested Jason Brown:laugh:

What we do know for sure is that Gracie is at IceWorks and is coaching at Ice Works (how much of her time I don’t know). IceWorks is one of the rinks at which Vincent Restencourt coaches. I have seen absolutely nothing about Gracie training with Restencourt other than TSL gossip. There could be photos out there, but you would think they would be reposted all over if they existed.

Vincent posted a “good bye” on IG to Ting Cui where he said it was a mutual decision. I try to stay away from TSL, believe it or not, so Dave could have implied he was fired; I don’t know. Again, I keep seeing these rumors that Ting is going to Raf, but based on what I do not know. She is a 15 year old and her family has a life on the East Coast. Living arrangements would need to be made. She did get choreo from Derrick Delmore, who works with Raf (but is not an official part of Raf’s team), but has said nothing about coaching.

moriel

Record Breaker
Gracie has huge potential that's for sure. She has it all BUT it is one thing to say you are coming back but to do it is another. She will have to hold off Bradie who is improving and looks to be trying to garner more points with Romeo Juliet. Time will tell. I just hope Gracie can be actually happy - competitive skating or not. She doesn't need competitive skating to complete her.

Gracie can totally hold off Bradie if back to her previous shape.
Their TES is comparable, and Gracie is a whole different league in PCs.

I see her beating Bradie easily with new scoring.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
If Gracie managed to regain her previous form, she would 100% beat Bradies. She has better jumps with higher GOE and better PCS. The only thing Bradie can beat her on right now is consistency, which was Gracie's most prominent issue

macy

Record Breaker
TSL has been repeating these rumors as straight facts. Then again, TSL said time and again, as a fact, that Brian Orser, his team, and Brian Orser’s Zamboni driver would never ever be interested Jason Brown:laugh:

What we do know for sure is that Gracie is at IceWorks and is coaching at Ice Works (how much of her time I don’t know). IceWorks is one of the rinks at which Vincent Restencourt coaches. I have seen absolutely nothing about Gracie training with Restencourt other than TSL gossip. There could be photos out there, but you would think they would be reposted all over if they existed.

Vincent posted a “good bye” on IG to Ting Cui where he said it was a mutual decision. I try to stay away from TSL, believe it or not, so Dave could have implied he was fired; I don’t know. Again, I keep seeing these rumors that Ting is going to Raf, but based on what I do not know. She is a 15 year old and her family has a life on the East Coast. Living arrangements would need to be made. She did get choreo from Derrick Delmore, who works with Raf (but is not an official part of Raf’s team), but has said nothing about coaching.

there is a very popular gracie fan page on instagram (graciegold195 or something of the like) that had posted something about a possible comeback a couple months ago and i read through the comments; there was a girl who stated she was at the same rink as gracie and confirmed she was training again, someone knew carly who said she was training again, or friends of friends knew her and said the same thing. of course it's social media and anyone can say anything they want, but from what i read i would believe she probably is training. although we don't know if this is for a competitive return or just for shows.

Tutto

Record Breaker
there is a very popular gracie fan page on instagram (graciegold195 or something of the like) that had posted something about a possible comeback a couple months ago and i read through the comments; there was a girl who stated she was at the same rink as gracie and confirmed she was training again, someone knew carly who said she was training again, or friends of friends knew her and said the same thing. of course it's social media and anyone can say anything they want, but from what i read i would believe she probably is training. although we don't know if this is for a competitive return or just for shows.

Sounds hopeful - thanks you for sharing this!
Just come back Gracie :luv17:

MarkusNJ

Rinkside
The saddest part is that if she does get back into shape physically, that was never the issue....

narcissa

Record Breaker
The saddest part is that if she does get back into shape physically, that was never the issue....

I've rather have Gracie come back and place 4/5 at Worlds than our current ladies placing barely top 10.
And TBH, it's not about placement.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
We miss Gracie!!

My main concern would be for her mental health and overall well-being. Though I think that if she does return to competition, it would be something she truly wants for herself - and on her own terms.

mrrice

Record Breaker
We miss Gracie!!

My main concern would be for her mental health and overall well-being. Though I think that if she does return to competition, it would be something she truly wants for herself - and on her own terms.

Me too. I think it would be different this time around. She will no longer have the pressure of the entire country oh shoulders. I remember her first year as a Senior and she was talked about like she was going to save US Ladies skating. She did have some good years but sadly, she never medaled at Worlds.

Frankly, if there are great tours available, I think that's the way she should go. Even if she were to get a basic triple triple back, I can't see her in the medal hunt at Nationals. Bradiie, Karen, Mariah, aren't going anywhere soon.

andromache

Record Breaker
So I keep seeing new posts in this thread and getting excited over nothing lol. Which makes perfect sense. Whatever Gracie is training for, it makes sense she wants to keep it to herself in case it winds up not going anywhere. It could turn out that training at the level she would need to for shows or competition might not be sustainable without compromising her mental and physical health. We'll see. I just want her to be happy.

Frankly, if there are great tours available, I think that's the way she should go. Even if she were to get a basic triple triple back, I can't see her in the medal hunt at Nationals. Bradiie, Karen, Mariah, aren't going anywhere soon.

Karen and Mariah aren't threats if Gracie gets back to her peak competitive form.

mrrice

Record Breaker
So I keep seeing new posts in this thread and getting excited over nothing lol. Which makes perfect sense. Whatever Gracie is training for, it makes sense she wants to keep it to herself in case it winds up not going anywhere. It could turn out that training at the level she would need to for shows or competition might not be sustainable without compromising her mental and physical health. We'll see. I just want her to be happy.

Karen and Mariah aren't threats if Gracie gets back to her peak competitive form.

I agree. If Gracie get's back to her 2016 Nationals form, the only US skater who could possibly threaten her is Bradie. It's such a big ask for her and I do wonder how she would deal with the pressure. Kostner is older and she did quite well last year and when Gracie is in top form, she is technically stronger than Carolina. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

andromache

Record Breaker
I agree. If Gracie get's back to her 2016 Nationals form, the only US skater who could possibly threaten her is Bradie. It's such a big ask for her and I do wonder how she would deal with the pressure. Kostner is older and she did quite well last year and when Gracie is in top form, she is technically stronger than Carolina. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If Gracie doesn't get back to that form, or relatively close to it, I highly doubt she will actually decide to return to competition. The 2016-2017 season was pretty hellish for her and I don't think she would return to competition for a repeat experience of that.

princessalica

Final Flight
She just posted on instagram that she will be giving skating lessons at SkATE IT FORWARD - LESSONS WITH HEADLINERS -
sHE HAS A SESSIONS WITH rOSS mINER -

The Headliners are KAren Chen, Ross Miner, Mariah Bell, Gracie Gold, Camden Pulkinen and Livvy Shilling

Friday June 15, and Sunday June, 17

princessalica

Final Flight
Don't know if this is significant or not, but at first Gracie's picture was a headshot. Now its a skating picture. I looked on the other page and she still is listed as the Master of Ceremonies. It would be great to see if she skates any this weekend.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She just posted on instagram that she will be giving skating lessons at SkATE IT FORWARD - LESSONS WITH HEADLINERS -
sHE HAS A SESSIONS WITH rOSS mINER -

The Headliners are KAren Chen, Ross Miner, Mariah Bell, Gracie Gold, Camden Pulkinen and Livvy Shilling

Friday June 15, and Sunday June, 17

Thanks for the head’s up: when you go to the site and click through the photos, Gracie is listed as the “Master of Ceremony”. ETA: same as noted in the second post, which I didn’t see when I was typing :) This is in keeping with the Meet & Greets and coaching lessons she has been doing this year.

*If* she is training, she is keeping her progress private and good for her.

Completely OT, even though I am too old and not interested in skaters that way, Romain Ponsart remains the best looking male skater out there today. That photo: ooh la la!

aml78

Rinkside

I think it’s important to remember that her overall issues with pressure and performance were likely a result of what she sought treatment for. Presumably if she’s coming back it’s because she’s mentally in a better place. Add physical conditioning on top of that and she could potentially be a whole new competitor. The illness she was seeking treatment for did not spring up overnight. It was likely there for many years and therefore was impacting her ability to compete.