Gracie Gold training for a comeback? | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Finally, some actual Gracie news!!!!!

She's slated to compete at Rostelecom. I'm thrilled but also terrified that she will withdraw, so I don't want to get too excited.

I think it's more likely than not that she will withdraw, simply because I don't think she will want to compete unless she's in top form and it could take awhile to get there. However, it's a great sign that she is confident enough in herself to even consider competing.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Hoping Gracie will be in great form and health to compete! But if she can’t compete ... that’s ok too :)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Is there an interview where she states that she is definitely coming back? I've been fooled before and I will not get my hopes up until I hear it from Gracie herself.

SkaterX

On the Ice
Is there an interview where she states that she is definitely coming back? I've been fooled before and I will not get my hopes up until I hear it from Gracie herself.

I haven't seen an interview but she just liked a few posts on twitter congratulating her on the GP assignment.

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
It's nice to see Gracie on the assignment list, since all that we'd had re: a comeback so far were the rumors of her training, with no official confirmation before this. Before Skate It Forward, I had wondered if we would see anything from her there in terms of show skating, but all of the pictures that showed up on Instagram were of her coaching, still wearing a very heavy coat. I'm less sure as others that she would automatically get picked for Skate America just because it is sooner, but I hope she is able to see that people are supportive of just seeing her again-if she does compete-, and that she is able to skate with freedom on her own terms (and doesn't get crushed under the weight of people's expectations, considering what she is coming back from).

princessalica

Final Flight
And she had to put her name in and use the comeback clause and I don’t think she would gave without the intention to really give it her all! Best news!

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I think it's more likely than not that she will withdraw, simply because I don't think she will want to compete unless she's in top form and it could take awhile to get there. However, it's a great sign that she is confident enough in herself to even consider competing.

I mean Polina wasn’t in her top form (had problems with lutz, flip, and toe) last year when she competed at IDF.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I mean Polina wasn’t in her top form (had problems with lutz, flip, and toe) last year when she competed at IDF.

I think Polina hoped she'd get her jumps back by Nats and maybe make the Olympic team, but that didn't happen. Expectations for Gracie, a former National camp, will be higher than Polina, who we knew was balancing a full-time school schedule with skating.

narcissa

Record Breaker
I think Polina hoped she'd get her jumps back by Nats and maybe make the Olympic team, but that didn't happen. Expectations for Gracie, a former National camp, will be higher than Polina, who we knew was balancing a full-time school schedule with skating.

Maybe, but I hope she can skate without such expectations. Maybe laying low was helping her keep them at bay.

Anyway, you have no idea how excited I am about this news. CoR is such a gem with her and Wakaba and Yuzu, I can't wait!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just because she has GP assignment doesn't mean she is coming back. I hope she is, but wouldn't be surprised if she isn't.

shmy

Rinkside
Who is coaching Gracie for this GP assignment? Didn't she move with Marina at some point after Frank?

princessalica

Final Flight
Just because she has GP assignment doesn't mean she is coming back. I hope she is, but wouldn't be surprised if she isn't.

I believe she had to put her name in for that gp spot, instituting the comeback skater clause which she can’t just use on a whim. She has to feel she will be ready in time. If I’m incorrect about usage of the comeback clause and the fact that you have to be submitted to even be considered for a spot.