Gracie Gold training for a comeback? | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The rumors are she’s been with Vincent , ting cuis former coach in New England.

Vincent is based in Aston, Pa., suburb of Philadelphia.

Also want to note that Jason Brown posted a sweet message to Gracie on his IG story expressing her return to the GP Series. There's a super cute photo of them from a past competiiotn there too.

Sneaka

Rinkside
Hi ...so the entire website is shutting down? Sad to hear that, if so. It was my primary source for skating news.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
I don't like her much but I miss her as a bright competitor for other skaters :clapper:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Has there been any video evidence of Gracie landing Triples? I still have her Stars On Ice performances in my mind. In those, she landed no triples and looked exhausted and out of shape.

andromache

Record Breaker
Has there been any video evidence of Gracie landing Triples? I still have her Stars On Ice performances in my mind. In those, she landed no triples and looked exhausted and out of shape.

Per someone on Instagram:

HER TRIPLE FLIP IS SO GOOD RN WE ARE TRAINING AT THE SAME FACILITY

Lol take that for what it's worth.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe she had to put her name in for that gp spot, instituting the comeback skater clause which she can’t just use on a whim. She has to feel she will be ready in time. If I’m incorrect about usage of the comeback clause and the fact that you have to be submitted to even be considered for a spot.

She might have done it to save a spot in case she was ready. It doesn't mean that she is definitely coming back.

ETA: I expect that Gracie will be invited to Skate America if/when her comeback is definite.

andromache

Record Breaker
ETA: I expect that Gracie will be invited to Skate America if/when her comeback is definite.

If I was USFS, I wouldn't give her (or anyone) the host spot without seeing them in a club or senior B competition first.

mrrice

Record Breaker
If I was USFS, I wouldn't give her (or anyone) the host spot without seeing them in a club or senior B competition first.

Neither would I. I love Gracie and if she's truly prepared to make a viable comeback, we'll know after her first performance. I still haven't seen this flip on video and if she doesn't have a Lutz, I wish she'd just skate in shows. However, if this makes her happy, I'll happy for her.

ribbit

On the Ice
According to last season's ISU Grand Prix announcement, a skater must commit in writing to participating in two GPs and may only use the comeback clause once in his/her competitive career. This doesn't mean that Gracie will absolutely, positively, 100% come back this season and compete at Rostelecom (or anywhere else). But it does suggest that Gracie may be thinking that it's now or never. If she withdraws, she'll never be able to use the comeback provision again, which would be by far her easiest path back to elite-level competition. To feel that it's worth using that one-time-only chance this season suggests that she's serious about coming back--and possibly also that she's serious about moving on if a comeback this season doesn't work out.

Source:
rule 2.1.c, on p. 2 of this document:
https://www.isu.org/docman-document...33-gp-general-announcement-2017-18-final/file

princessalica

Final Flight
According to last season's ISU Grand Prix announcement, a skater must commit in writing to participating in two GPs and may only use the comeback clause once in his/her competitive career. This doesn't mean that Gracie will absolutely, positively, 100% come back this season and compete at Rostelecom (or anywhere else). But it does suggest that Gracie may be thinking that it's now or never. If she withdraws, she'll never be able to use the comeback provision again, which would be by far her easiest path back to elite-level competition. To feel that it's worth using that one-time-only chance this season suggests that she's serious about coming back--and possibly also that she's serious about moving on if a comeback this season doesn't work out.

Source:
rule 2.1.c, on p. 2 of this document:
https://www.isu.org/docman-document...33-gp-general-announcement-2017-18-final/file

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I think it’s now or never. Yes she could go back up through qualifying levels, but I think she means business. Yes something could derail her, but I think she’s planning to fight for this.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Saw it on this video shared earlier in the thread.

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you. She not only looks like her old self, she sounds like her old self......Love you Gracie and so do my dance students. We all wish you the VERY best in your comeback. We'll be cheering for you!!!!!!

andromache

Record Breaker
Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you. She not only looks like her old self, she sounds like her old self......Love you Gracie and so do my dance students. we all wish you the VERY best in your comeback. We'll be cheering for you!!!!!!

To be clear, it seems uncertain when Gracie made this video or where this Instagram user got it. Gracie herself didn't post this, so idk if this is current (but she does mention a comeback so idk).

princessalica

Final Flight
Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you. She not only looks like her old self, she sounds like her old self......Love you Gracie and so do my dance students. we all wish you the VERY best in your comeback. We'll be cheering for you!!!!!!

That’s an old video I from January 2017 when she was on the today show

andromache

Record Breaker
Sorry I’m wrong I am I think that was actually February 2017 I am it was the one year until the start of the Olympics on and Gracie stated on the today show

ughhhhhhhhhhhh why do people post things like this as if they are brand new without any context

I don't understand Instagram.

mrrice

Record Breaker
ughhhhhhhhhhhh why do people post things like this as if they are brand new without any context

I don't understand Instagram.

I agree...…..This is why I remain skeptical on her comeback. I wish her the best no matter what.