Gracie Gold training for a comeback? | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
When will we find out her fs music???? Aaaahhhhh, I cannot wait anymore!
I don’t think she’ll keep Labayadere or Daphnis and Chloe.

macy

Record Breaker
When will we find out her fs music???? Aaaahhhhh, I cannot wait anymore!
I don’t think she’ll keep Labayadere or Daphnis and Chloe.

I don't think it would be smart if she did, and i especially can't see her doing daphnis and chloe again since she skated a whole season with it already. Sometimes keeping a program with bad memories/feelings tied to it can feel like bad juju. I think it would be smarter to start with a clean slate.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I want her to bring back Daphnis et Chloe! She had so much potential with that program but just didn’t deliver it!

andromache

Record Breaker
I want her to bring back Daphnis et Chloe! She had so much potential with that program but just didn’t deliver it!

It was a beautiful program but not for Gracie. I also imagine she has a lot of mental anguish associated with that program.

princessalica

Final Flight
As much as I would love to see that program skated to her potential, I like the thought of her getting to start fresh, and IMO that could just be baggage.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm not a big fan of that song, but if it works for Gracie, I'm happy. I'm really rooting for her this season.

It has been a new warhorse piece making me shake my head but if the song helps Gracie come back nicely, I can pretend I like the song. ;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
She might need more than a fab hairstyle. I can't help but be curious more than allthe Gracie talk and conjeccture but how is her skating Her jumps. Has anyone seen? Is her triple lutz triple toe glorious as before?

princessalica

Final Flight
From what I've heard, she is still working on her jumps. She is landing them, but last I heard is was 1 of 3 or 2 of 5. She might have progressed since that, and Lynn Rutherford specifically said that Gracie was looking good. I don't think she was just saying Gracie looked physically good. I'm sure that Lynn had watched Gracie skate, and she might not quite back to full Gracie potential, but I certainly think it sounds like she is clearly on a trajectory to be back to form.

qwerty

On the Ice
From what I've heard, she is still working on her jumps. She is landing them, but last I heard is was 1 of 3 or 2 of 5. She might have progressed since that, and Lynn Rutherford specifically said that Gracie was looking good. I don't think she was just saying Gracie looked physically good. I'm sure that Lynn had watched Gracie skate, and she might not quite back to full Gracie potential, but I certainly think it sounds like she is clearly on a trajectory to be back to form.

I'm not sure press is allowed to watch the actual skating? Also I think the skaters have an option to choose whether or not others can watch their skating, and I'd bet Gracie chose a closed session.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
… Lynn Rutherford specifically said that Gracie was looking good. ...

"Doing well" is the exact quote in Lynn's tweet about Gracie-- at least the tweet that I saw regarding Champs Camp.

... I spoke to Gracie yesterday for SKATING magazine and she's loving training in Aston, where there is so much ice, & is working toward Rostelecom. Doing well.

https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/1031348120616161280 (Aug 19)​

Did something else from Lynn use the words "looking good"?

I'm not sure press is allowed to watch the actual skating? Also I think the skaters have an option to choose whether or not others can watch their skating, and I'd bet Gracie chose a closed session.

General comment: I do not remember for sure, but I seem to recall from past years that press is allowed to watch practices at Champ Camp? Practices only -- as opposed to the official evaluation sessions.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Gracie has posted a few photos on instagram from Champs Camp (Jason and Gracie are together again in photo 2):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmzIwcThq8v/?taken-by=graciegold95

graciegold95 #champscamp2018 is in the books 🤗 I can’t believe I’m skating and training again-it feels so good to be back 💫 thank you to my new skating family, I’m so excited to see where these next four years take us

She looks happy and healthy. Go Gracie! :cheer:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

macy

Record Breaker
Great pics. So interesting to see coaches Vincent and Pasha from IceWorks, and of course the Jason/Gracie photo is adorable.:)

Stupid question of the day: is the redhead Carly?

nope not carly. but she looks like a cross between carly and alina zagitova!

EDIT- per a fan account sounds like she may be Irina Yakovleva.

macy

Record Breaker
Gracie has posted a few photos on instagram from Champs Camp (Jason and Gracie are together again in photo 2):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmzIwcThq8v/?taken-by=graciegold95

She looks happy and healthy. Go Gracie! :cheer:

i just read this on instagram and i am so happy for her. she seems so happy and in the right place, not to mention looks healthy. AND shes here through 2022!! :yahoo: i'm so excited to watch this next chapter of her career unfold, no matter her results. as long as shes happy!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel so happy and hopeful looking at these photos. Hope she feels as good as she looks!

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
So nice to see these photos of Gracie. She really looks glowing, radiant - happy to be back!

gr8sk891

Spectator
Annie Lennox version for I put a spell on you. Also on a more real level. What is she doing in Aston PA with Vincent and Pasha? She should be with Brian Orser or someone that actually knows how to teach and train! I love Gracie but in truth anything less than 4th at the Olympics is not a successful come back. If she thinks she is getting that with them at IceWorks she is in for a shock!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Annie Lennox version for I put a spell on you. Also on a more real level. What is she doing in Aston PA with Vincent and Pasha? She should be with Brian Orser or someone that actually knows how to teach and train! I love Gracie but in truth anything less than 4th at the Olympics is not a successful come back. If she thinks she is getting that with them at IceWorks she is in for a shock!

Gracie doesn’t need to prove anything to you. It’s her life and career, not yours, and she’s already been fourth at the Olympics.