Gracie Gold training for a comeback? | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Gracie just posted on ig. “The first Grand Prix I ever medaled at was cup of Russia in 2012. I’m proud to be competing on the international circuit and I can’t wait to go back to Moscow. Thanks for the love and endless support.

I'm so excited for her to skate in Moscow. I have never been there but, if they're anything like the audiences in St Petersburg...She'll have a great and they'll cheer for her no matter how she skates. I wish her the very best!!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who are Gracie's coaches?

Gracie has not said.

TSL has said she is training with Vincent Restencourt, and they tend to be right about coaching changes.

ETA: Vincent does work out of IceWorks.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I believe she had to put her name in for that gp spot, instituting the comeback skater clause which she can’t just use on a whim. She has to feel she will be ready in time. If I’m incorrect about usage of the comeback clause and the fact that you have to be submitted to even be considered for a spot.

You’re sort of right. The comeback clause is when a skater wants to comeback into the GP series after not skating for one or more seasons. In this case, Gracie did not compete at all during the 2017-18 season. She did not have to put her name in because this option is optional. The skaters make their own choice into either going back to the GP series or skating in the Challenger series. This is exactly what Polina Edmunds did last season. And, when a skater puts in his/her name into the comeback clause category, that skater is guaranteed at least one spot and could get their host country’s TBD spot (Ex: Gracie could get the Skate America host spot if she does well in summer competitions).

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Gracie has not said.

TSL has said she is training with Vincent Restencourt, and they tend to be right about coaching changes.

ETA: Vincent does work out of IceWorks.

Philip Hersh has also said that she is training with Vincent on Twitter.

macy

Record Breaker
per graciegold195's instagram story yesterday (a gracie fan page) a screen shot of a private message to gracie says she is planning on competing through 2022. unsure what the original message was, but here is gracie's reply-

"Thank you!!! i'm sorry i didn't compete last year--i was busy having my quarter life crisis LOL. but hopefully you'll see me the next four years"

:yahoo:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I believe she had to put her name in for that gp spot, instituting the comeback skater clause which she can’t just use on a whim. She has to feel she will be ready in time. …

:agree:

You’re sort of right. The comeback clause is when a skater wants to comeback into the GP series after not skating for one or more seasons. In this case, Gracie did not compete at all during the 2017-18 season. She did not have to put her name in because this option is optional. The skaters make their own choice into either going back to the GP series or skating in the Challenger series. ...

You misunderstood what princessalica said.

princessalica did not mean that anyone forced Gracie to come back to the GP series.

What princessalica meant is that Gracie actively chose to make use of the option of comeback status for the GP series. In order to be included in the GP selection process, Gracie "had to" make that active choice. "Had to" in the sense of "it was a necessary preceding step."
Again, no one was forcing Gracie. The point is that without making that active choice, she would not have been included.

princessalica

Final Flight

princessalica did not mean that anyone forced Gracie to come back to the GP series.

What princessalica meant is that Gracie actively chose to make use of the option of comeback status for the GP series. In order to be included in the GP selection process, Gracie "had to" make that active choice. "Had to" in the sense of "it was a necessary preceding step."
Again, no one was forcing Gracie. The point is that without making that active choice, she would not have been included.

Yes, exactly. She chose to put her name in. She wouldn’t have been assigned without her making an active choice to be included. I think that speaks to her determination and I’m also heartened with the news that she’s got her triple triple back. She’s fighting for this!!

figurefan0726

Final Flight

I guess I did! So sorry!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so dang happy! I'm almost in tears! My beautiful Gracie!

andromache

Record Breaker
ANOTHER BIG UPDATE FROM THE SAME USER:
Gracie's SP music will be "I put a Spell on You".
https://twitter.com/Jacobskate633/status/1020412926413467649

Interesting comment from the same twitter account:
Idk, I was just told it was I put a spell on u. I didn’t ask any more questions bc my friends are supposed to stay quiet about Gracie cuz she doesn’t want anyone knowing about her training

Which totally makes sense and explains why we've heard so little about her. Smart decision.

SkaterX

On the Ice
Whenever I listen to music that a skater has chosen, Youtube autoplays other songs that skaters have skated to. Coincidence? I think not lol.