Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 101 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rissa

Record Breaker
And Let's Go Crazy too, I believe?

I'm fine with both choices this year, I like the music and it hasn't been overplayed, at least not to my ears.

Atlantis

Rinkside
Was Parisienne Walkways a regular music choice before?

You are right, I googled it and wiki lists only him as a skater who chose this music. But still my point stands. He has skated to unique pieces but he also has skated to some of the most overused warhorses ever. I really don't see the problem that he didn't choose something ~fresh and new~. He doesn't owe it to anyone. I understand if music isn't to everyone's taste but this kind of complain I just can't understand.

Anyway, I can already see the programs are gonna be extra dramatic :laugh: And amazing. Looking forward to ACI.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Also... God this topic woke so may memories in my head. Otonal is that music every skater and their granny skated to. And now because Yuzu is gonna skate to it so many others would follow his example and this old forgotten warhorse would become fashionable again. I hope the costume wouldn't be much Weir inspired. Hope... my final frontier...:pray::biggrin:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
https://goo.gl/images/kLVjbH
You can even see his underwear

Oh God, I had no idea you were referring to Johnny's costume. Sorry. Yes, that's Johnny, Johnny freed from figure skating competitive boundaries, free spirit, tacky taste and all that fairy stuff- the definition of Johnny Weir. BTW it's not even the worse of what he wore soon after retirement. He had A LOT of fun.;)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Also... God this topic woke so may memories in my head. Otonal is that music every skater and their granny skated to. And now because Yuzu is gonna skate to it so many others would follow his example and this old forgotten warhorse would become fashionable again. I hope the costume wouldn't be much Weir inspired. Hope... my final frontier...

Really, you think so? It seen to me like most of his choices, minus war horses, have not seen a rise in use. Nor Parisienne Walkways, Seimei, Hisaishi (this one because he doesn´t give permission for use) are being used a lot, looks to me. Even Ballade No.1 is not rising as a popular choice by skaters.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Really, you think so? It seen to me like most of his choices, minus war horses, have not seen a rise in use. Nor Parisienne Walkways, Seimei, Hisaishi (this one because he doesn´t give permission for use) are being used a lot, looks to me. Even Ballade No.1 is not rising as a popular choice by skaters.

You don't see it were exactly? Juniors, novice, senior for older skaters, shows, etc, etc? Because people do skate to this music, it's just that most of the time it goes unnoticeable for obvious reasons. And Seimei now is an iconic program so I have no idea who'd love to take to for sheer blast of comparison or just to get spotted. I bet someone will. Someday. Eventually.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
You don't see it were exactly? Juniors, novice, senior for older skaters, shows, etc, etc? Because people do skate to this music, it's just that most of the time it goes unnoticeable for obvious reasons. And Seimei now is an iconic program so I have no idea who'd love to take to for sheer blast of comparison or just to get spotted. I bet someone will. Someday. Eventually.

Made a look for it in wikipedia, no senior skater has picked the music I cited as competitive or ex programs.

I don´t follow any other category but seniors.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
"My fans love the delayed 1A and they GET the delayed 1A. TAKE THAT, ISU."

That's a different one- one foot axel. Take a closer look on how he performs a delayed one from Notte Stellata and this one. The techniques are very different.

Henni147

Final Flight
That's a different one- one foot axel. Take a closer look on how he performs a delayed one from Notte Stellata and this one. The techniques are very different.
Yep, because the delayed Axel he did in Notte Stellata had a regular RBO landing. This one here is a one-foot-Axel (with less delay) and the air position is very different, too.

Actually he COULD do that RBO-delayed 1A from Notte Stellata in competition, too... he just has to complete all the mandatory jump elements first so that he doesn't waste any points.
But I'm very happy with this new one-foot-version - it's perfect as it is and Yuzu can include it in his program wherever he wants.

Henni147

Final Flight
Could a delayed 1A be part of a ChSq?
I've found clarification in the Technical ISU Handbook:
A Choreographic Sequence consists of any kind of movements like steps, turns, spirals, arabesques, spread eagles, Ina Bauers, hydroblading, any jumps with maximum of 2 revolutions, spins, etc. Listed elements included in the Choreographic Sequence will not be called and will not occupy a box. The pattern is not restricted, but the sequence must be clearly visible.
I would say that a delayed 1A has less than 2 revolutions, so... aye :agree:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuzuru Hanyu had his annual “media day” today where he announced his programs and discussed his hope to land the quad axel.

Excerpts from translated articles and interviews:

“My biggest motivation now is the quad axel and I would like to land it this season, but I haven't landed it perfectly yet. My Loop jump is in better shape than it was during the Olympics."

"I had to meet my expectations, and I had a lot of pressure to get the results, but now I'm off. I wonder if I can skate for myself from now on. I want to skate back to my origin.”

Music and Layout (layout subject to change)
(SP “Otonal” 4S, 3A, 4t-3t
FP “Origin”- an original touch to Plushy’s “Tribute to Nijinsky”
4Lo, 4T, 3Lo, 4S-3T, 4T-Lo-3S, 3A-2T, 3A)

Sources:
A clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WSm...ature=youtu.be
This instagram page has a lot of clips and photos translated (In Russian but you can translate to English) : https://www.instagram.com/team_orser/?hl=en
Yahoo article with the original news (Japanese): https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2...000081-sph-spo

It looks like he’s entering a new chapter of his career! I hope to see that 4a, what do you guys think?

Thanks for posting this in the Edge where we could see it. I added the link to the latest GS Newsletter :)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

Someone already has! :D Young Ilia Malinin at Chesapeake Open 2018, down to the costume! Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQj40f2dSCo I think it's kind of cute. ^ ^

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yep, because the delayed Axel he did in Notte Stellata had a regular RBO landing. This one here is a one-foot-Axel (with less delay) and the air position is very different, too.

Actually he COULD do that RBO-delayed 1A from Notte Stellata in competition, too... he just has to complete all the mandatory jump elements first so that he doesn't waste any points.
But I'm very happy with this new one-foot-version - it's perfect as it is and Yuzu can include it in his program wherever he wants.

me too - I love both versions (Yuzu's single axel is one of those total catch-your-breath moments in skating)

yude

Record Breaker
So is he going to do 4T3T (rippon) again? If so, I am happy :)

He says that he thinks he doesn't need to surpass the performances of Plushenko and Weir or anything, he just wants to cherish his pure feeling "I like them and I want to do these programs". Also he was asked about the media day, he feels like it is kind of "dead line" or "testing" day, and he feels some amount of pressure for it but it gives him power in a good way.

I noticed little Yuzuru called Johnny "Johnny Weir kun", it was adorable :luv17:

Status
Not open for further replies.