Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 100 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henni147

Final Flight
People was saying that his sp music is boring and flat. From the video his program doesn’t look boring or flat at all. 🤷🏻*♀️
We know, it's impossible to please 7.5 billion people, but looking at recent comments from all around the world my impression is that the majority is very satisfied with his program choices and that's what counts ;)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
How can music be old-fashioned in FS? Kolyada just did Elvis Presley. Javier just did a program to music from 1936. Keegan Messing is stuck in the 50s. People do Mozart...

It sure can be. That is why most of the modern music (not classic) does not sound interesting to my ear. It has to do with arrangement. We get a lot of music remixed with modern technologies, rhythms and such and we enjoy them. The classic music, the one that was created long time ego is timeless whereas modern composers do not have that depth and meaning and richness in sound. So what if Kolyada did Elvis Prestley, thank those who made that recording sound so good you get the drive years after it was recorded. Otonal in some parts is very, very old fashioned. I hope Yuzu cuts it as a pro. He has that talent.

sun110

Final Flight
https://twitter.com/ucchi04271/status/1035839898689798146 During an interview with Kenji Miyamoto, Koshiro Shimada was asked which famous person would he like to trade places with for a day.
The answer was, "Hanyu-kun. His feel for jumps is so beautiful, I'd like to jump like that"

He has long legs just like Yuzu! Even longer I'd say:laugh: I like his programs at JGP this season. Quoting from Shimada's fan fest of a detailed translation of the yuzu part.

Q: Who would you like to be, for one day?
S: I’d like to be Hanyu-kun for one day.
M: It’s Hanyu-kun?
S: I want to become him during the Olympics.
M: You have to go as yourself (laughs). You work so hard so you should go yourself.
S: His jumps are beautiful so I want to feel what it’s like to jump like that.
M: Like comparing it to your own jumps?
S: Yes, but I doubt I’d be able to jump like that when I go back to myself. Do you think it’ll be impossible to do that just by exchanging bodies?
M: As a matter of fact, I’ve never experienced exchanged bodies myself so I can’t advise you on that. Sorry.
S: (Laughs)

Shimada's obviously a fan of Yuzu. He skated to R&J in 2016 and music cuts were similar to Yuzu's.
In this video he said that he still remembers that he was really impressed with that awesome performance by Hanyu-senshu at Nice, so he hopes he will be able to touch everyone’s heart by his R&J, too.

https://twitter.com/enmi_g/status/751474638031507457

Shimada's R&J
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=memihH-wG2A

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I can't wait to see his Origin and Otonal costumes. I'm sure they'll be extra. :luv17:
Hi, i love your name, it can't be more clear:laugh:
Me too i can't wait to see his costumes. My bet is that Otonal's costume will be totally Weir-like.

Henni147

Final Flight
Just realized how smart this move from Yuzu really is:
https://twitter.com/ParaUnaLoco/status/1035947186679308288

He knows that a regular single Axel with RBO landing would block a jump box in his layout and cost him a lot of points.
So he lands it on the left inside edge (one-foot-single Axel), which doesn't count as a jump element but a transition :laugh:

"My fans love the delayed 1A and they GET the delayed 1A. TAKE THAT, ISU." :rofl2:
Spot on, Yuzu :2thumbs:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Hi, i love your name, it can't be more clear:laugh:
Me too i can't wait to see his costumes. My bet is that Otonal's costume will be totally Weir-like.

I’m happy with the music choice, but the thought of another Weir designed costume scares me more than the thought of him practicing 4A

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Yuzuru’s short program #2 in Rocket Skating top 50 programs of the season https://www.rockerskating.com/top-5...ideo-2-of-2017-18-goats-always-find-their-way

I like this paragraph:

Hanyu’s resilience and determination last season was out of this world. Only cleared to fully practice again just weeks before the Olympics began, he was still trying to find his way when he was first practicing in PyeongChang. In what was now the most watched and followed practice with intentional single jumps of all time, Hanyu feasted (trolled?) the set of photographers and journalists in his first PyeongChang practice with a bunch of stroking, a few single jumps, a triple axel, and a nonchalant bow.

Atlantis

Rinkside
Why were people hoping for him to skate to some completely new to FS music? He did it only with Seimei and H&L, as far as I remember. It's not like he now has an obligation to skate only to music not associated with anyone.

Imov

Medalist
The fuji tv thing didn't show much but well it was my choice to stay up and anticipate it lol

vunhung3001

Rinkside
I’m happy with the music choice, but the thought of another Weir designed costume scares me more than the thought of him practicing 4A
Though I don't get Yuzuru's taste in costume sometimes, I have trust in him knowing what's good this time, especially after seeing Weir's horrifying costumes for summer shows.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Why were people hoping for him to skate to some completely new to FS music? He did it only with Seimei and H&L, as far as I remember. It's not like he now has an obligation to skate only to music not associated with anyone.

Was Parisienne Walkways a regular music choice before?

I think we must remember that he was thinking on retirement after this Olympic, the fact that he has continue is a little gift, so him skating for music that he likes is fine by me

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Status
Not open for further replies.