Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 99 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
This is so freaking amazing... Yuzu looks so passionate and confident. Just wow :eekn:

Did he make a single mistake yesterday? Fall or pop or any major error? I can only remember that deep landing on the 4Lo, but nothing worse...

I wouldn't trust these videos to tell whether he was falling all over the place, extremely solid or anything in between. Magic of TV editing.

Henni147

Final Flight
I wouldn't trust these videos to tell whether he was falling all over the place, extremely solid or anything in between. Magic of TV editing.
Yaah, that was my first thought, too...

On the other hand:
4Lo (deep landing), 4T, 3Lo, 4S+3T, 4T (little bit shaky landing)+1Lo+3S, 3A+2T, 3A
all successfully executed during a run-through with steps in and out in front of countless cameras...

However I look at it, that's a stunning success rate - especially after such a long competitive break. Hands down.

narcissa

Record Breaker
I really don't get the feeling that originality, as in something utterly new and different, has ever been one of Yuzu's priorities. Perfection in skating (or as near to as humanly possible), emotional resonance, and being uniquely himself on the ice, yes.

I remember the first time I saw Yuzu's Olympic gala - and was and still am not expert enough to notice myself - the commentator mentioned how the program had all these touches from skating history (well, I noticed the delayed single axel all right!!! Hard to miss something so breathtakingly beautiful). Yuzuru obviously cares about history and heritage, and in taking two programs that are part of skating's heritage as well as his own and then - with Jeff and Shae-Lynn, who surely know know his style better than anyone outside the TCC - turning them into something personal, obviously heartfelt and bound to be as I said uniquely Yuzuru... it's got to be special.

(Yes, I'm biased, I admit it.)

I'm waiting for costumes now, and hoping they are done by Satomi Ito...

That commentator was Belinda Noonan, and she also said that Notte Stellata is the greatest exhibition in history. :agree: I agree that I don't think originality, or inventing signature moves, or even "becoming the GOAT" is or has been a priority for Yuzu at all. All of that is ascribed to him by commentators/fans. In fact he has always denied it and uses that opportunity to pay respect to those who inspired him.

Plus, even when he skates to warhorses (i.e. Romeo and Juliet, POTO), we find out years later it was at his own insistence! :laugh:

yude

Record Breaker
So the announcer from Fuji confirmed in the video that Yuzuru revealed SP on the 2nd day, I wonder if we'll have more articles or videos and I really hope so. Watching Yuzuru skating SP, it looked as if he had been performing it since long time ago, feeling the music and looked comfortable. I am looking forward to seeing it fully :luv17: My mother is excited about Yuzuru's choice of music, both SP and LP, and she has been listening to them :laugh:

Yes, with a 3A into a twizzle and then a hydroblade into a BA leap into something we don't see. Heavens! Boy be going wild!

I can see already Oda is commenting on 3A into a twizzle, I don't think he will miss it :biggrin:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
So the announcer from Fuji confirmed in the video that Yuzuru revealed SP on the 2nd day, I wonder if we'll have more articles or videos and I really hope so. Watching Yuzuru skating SP, it looked as if he had been performing it since long time ago, feeling the music and looked comfortable. I am looking forward to seeing it fully :luv17: My mother is excited about Yuzuru's choice of music, both SP and LP, and she has been listening to them :laugh:

I can see already Oda is commenting on 3A into a twizzle, I don't think he will miss it :biggrin:

Yay for mothers who like Yuzu! Mine told me to call her to watch when he competes.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I really love when we have fan art of potential costumes for Yuzu new programs.
Really like this one (FP): https://twitter.com/runrun8383/status/1035857211031838720?s=21

That's the most beautiful I've seen... and yes, there have been a rush of gorgeous suggestions.

I think he'll go for costumes that are definitely different from Plushenko's and Weir's, I'm hoping for black for the FS and autumnal colours - brown, red and gold - for the SP (he look FABULOUS in red). But what do I know? - the one thing he has just proven yet again is that whatever is predicted, he'll surprise us....

Reth

On the Ice
People was saying that his sp music is boring and flat. From the video his program doesn’t look boring or flat at all. 🤷🏻*♀️

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
People was saying that his sp music is boring and flat. From the video his program doesn’t look boring or flat at all. 🤷🏻*♀️

Otonal is one of my favorite Weir programs. The music is hauntingly beautiful. Perfect for Yuzu.

Amef

Final Flight
It actually sounds very dramatic and somehow similar to Mao's Sochi FS program music. Dynamic.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Yaah, that was my first thought, too...

On the other hand:
4Lo (deep landing), 4T, 3Lo, 4S+3T, 4T (little bit shaky landing)+1Lo+3S, 3A+2T, 3A
all successfully executed during a run-through with steps in and out in front of countless cameras...

However I look at it, that's a stunning success rate - especially after such a long competitive break. Hands down.

And he only had 1.5 month to prepare and practice the SP and LP! he was still filming 24hr in July and photos of him at TCC popped up mid July. Before that he wasn't allowed to jump till May and then was in ice shows non-stop till July where he said he can't really train. I think most other skaters started choreo and practice around April or May, so he is actually behind in schedule, yet the parts we have seen is so refined already. Imagine what it will be like in 6 months time!

This photo edit
https://twitter.com/JKNo_emi/status/1035983391647252480?s=19
Yuzu seems to be aiming pushing PCS up now.
And he can do it of course.
I can't wait for him to release his wild side and skate to every dramatic music he wishes.

The truth is there isn't much room for his PCS to grow when he is near full marks already (when the judges mark him appropriately). More like he is throwing in all these moves to prevent the under-marking he had been receiving lately. He just has to do more just to get the same treatment *sigh

But I think most likely Yuzu just wants to create a masterpiece. There isn't like any empty moment where he is just gliding and doing nothing in the snippets of the routine shown so far. it might become the busiest choreography he has done to date.

Amef

Final Flight
And he only had 1.5 month to prepare and practice the SP and LP! he was still filming 24hr in July and photos of him at TCC popped up mid July. Before that he wasn't allowed to jump till May and then was in ice shows non-stop till July where he said he can't really train. I think most other skaters started choreo and practice around April or May, so he is actually behind in schedule, yet the parts we have seen is so refined already. Imagine what it will be like in 6 months time!

The truth is there isn't much room for his PCS to grow when he is near full marks already (when the judges mark him appropriately). More like he is throwing in all these moves to prevent the under-marking he had been receiving lately. He just has to do more just to get the same treatment *sigh

But I think most likely Yuzu just wants to create a masterpiece. There isn't like any empty moment where he is just gliding and doing nothing in the snippets of the routine shown so far. it might become the busiest choreography he has done to date.
They could always give him a perfect PCS [emoji6]

IAmAFanyu

Spectator
Finally registered an account here to say that I'm so excited for Yuzu's programs! :love:
One thing I noticed and like about Yuzu is that he always acknowledges the past skaters like Button, Plushenko, and Weir. And even when he won PC Olympics, he said that his road was paved by his senpai-tachi (paraphrasing here, sorry). As a new skating fan, I'm thankful to him because he introduced those legends to me. He truly loves figure skating and he's doing a wonderful job at making new fans interested (and keeping us interested) in figure skating.

I thought of trying to say that whatever comment I make would be objective, but I decided not to even bother to be "defensive". I'm a Hanyu fan, and a proud one at that. Whatever Yuzu decides to do, I fully support him. Though I can't promise not to (sometimes) make fun of his costume. cough-Dory-cough
I still love all your costumes Yuzu!

I can't wait to see his Origin and Otonal costumes. I'm sure they'll be extra. :luv17:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Finally registered an account here to say that I'm so excited for Yuzu's programs! :love:
One thing I noticed and like about Yuzu is that he always acknowledges the past skaters like Button, Plushenko, and Weir. And even when he won PC Olympics, he said that his road was paved by his senpai-tachi (paraphrasing here, sorry). As a new skating fan, I'm thankful to him because he introduced those legends to me. He truly loves figure skating and he's doing a wonderful job at making new fans interested (and keeping us interested) in figure skating.

I thought of trying to say that whatever comment I make would be objective, but I decided not to even bother to be "defensive". I'm a Hanyu fan, and a proud one at that. Whatever Yuzu decides to do, I fully support him. Though I can't promise not to (sometimes) make fun of his costume. cough-Dory-cough
I still love all your costumes Yuzu!

I can't wait to see his Origin and Otonal costumes. I'm sure they'll be extra. :luv17:

Hi!

I don't think objectivity is really needed in this (which is a good thing, because I gave up on it in under twenty minutes of my first sight - on youtube - of Yuzuru and Seimei). And join the club with the costume watch! - the entire fandom is dying to see what he'll wear... because for sure it will be two more eye-openers :reye: I'm hoping for black, sparkly but totally different from Plushy's.

(And I am so looking forward to when the staider bits of the skating world - who maybe didn't follow him at the ice shows - get a look at Haru no yoi and the cherry blossom sparkles at his first gala)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Thank you for the information :)

As for Yuzuru's FS, he said he used 2 pieces of music and one of them is "Art On Ice", and a fan noticed the other must be "Magic Stradivarius".

https://twitter.com/nero_yuzu_light/status/1035467472084721664

He also said choreography itself was very different from Plushenko's program, so I am looking forward to it. And I personally think it is nice he got permission from both Plushenko and Weir, which shows his respect to two skaters.

Oh, I ashemad of myself..You are correct.. The moves were in the Afternoon of a faun as I said. I knew this but that was so long time ago when I checked it and I wrote quickly without thinking.. The other iformations are correct in my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.