Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 97 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

yude

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/yuzu_pino/status/1035513180494225409 NW9 news One more youtube clip.
Yuzu says to the photographers "Everyone, the shutter speed doesn't have to be that fast does it?" :laugh:
https://twitter.com/yuzu_pino/status/1035530453283819520 One more clip

Mr. Noto and Mr. Nagakubo seem to be there, but no Mr. Tanaka (he has been busy judging by his twitter). Shame that we don't have Mr. Yamaguchi from Baseball magazine this year, he left the office last year :sad21:

The vids shows a very ready Yuzu with his 5% or less body fat build.
My ultimate life goal lmao.
Worlds website and ticketing is coming soon
https://twitter.com/oYQvX5J39OQiirB/status/1035490572260134912?s=19
My excitment is over the roof.

I wonder how many people will purchase 100,000 yen ticket...that is something :scard7:

yude

Record Breaker
The Tribute to Nijinsky music was composed by Edvin Marton for Plushenko. That is a mix from Marton's Art on ice music and the "Afternoon of a Faun" .

Thank you for the information :)

As for Yuzuru's FS, he said he used 2 pieces of music and one of them is "Art On Ice", and a fan noticed the other must be "Magic Stradivarius".

https://twitter.com/nero_yuzu_light/status/1035467472084721664

He also said choreography itself was very different from Plushenko's program, so I am looking forward to it. And I personally think it is nice he got permission from both Plushenko and Weir, which shows his respect to two skaters.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you for the information :)

As for Yuzuru's FS, he said he used 2 pieces of music and one of them is "Art On Ice", and a fan noticed the other must be "Magic Stradivarius".

He also said choreography itself was very different from Plushenko's program, so I am looking forward to it. And I personally think it is nice he got permission from both Plushenko and Weir, which shows his respect to two skaters.

I really don't get the feeling that originality, as in something utterly new and different, has ever been one of Yuzu's priorities. Perfection in skating (or as near to as humanly possible), emotional resonance, and being uniquely himself on the ice, yes.

I remember the first time I saw Yuzu's Olympic gala - and was and still am not expert enough to notice myself - the commentator mentioned how the program had all these touches from skating history (well, I noticed the delayed single axel all right!!! Hard to miss something so breathtakingly beautiful). Yuzuru obviously cares about history and heritage, and in taking two programs that are part of skating's heritage as well as his own and then - with Jeff and Shae-Lynn, who surely know know his style better than anyone outside the TCC - turning them into something personal, obviously heartfelt and bound to be as I said uniquely Yuzuru... it's got to be special.

(Yes, I'm biased, I admit it.)

I'm waiting for costumes now, and hoping they are done by Satomi Ito...

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Yuzuru said in one of the interviews that he used 2 pieces of music for Origin, one of them is "Art on Ice". And a fan noticed the other is "Magic Stradivarius".

do we know which interview? I am curious because I missed that and using 2 would be a pretty big cut. Nijinsky has 4 pieces of music - Scheherazade by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov and then Art on Ice, Magic Stradivarius and King of the Forest by Edvin Marton so that's a big departure from the original then.

ETA Found it, all good, thanks.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I think we are taking the this programs too literal.

Origin, will be inspired by Nijinsky, but it will be a different song, was the first report that I saw, I will miss the subtle Schecherezade in the music, but from the begining it wasn´t going to be the same.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Wait for, next year his programs are going to be inspored by Stephen Lambiel and Shizuka Arakawa, with a popurri of War Horse music programs, gonna be awesome!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I think we are taking the this programs too literal.

I don't think so? I mean he's obviously getting his own arrangement for the SP, especially as Otonal is 7 minutes long, and he's going for the short. It'll have enough to echo the original but it'll be his. It's no different than any other skater skating to a song someone skated to before.

The free though is somewhat different as it's an original for Plushenko and quite iconic, so if he's taking out half, even if it is 30sec shorter, it is still something. I'm [ETA: was] simply curious which interview then gave us the info.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
I wonder how many people will purchase 100,000 yen ticket...that is something :scard7:

:eek: 100,000 yen.... That's truly expensive, can't think of how much it will become when it show up in the reseller market.
The all event ticket for GPF this year is around CAD300 (exclude the show bag), which is about 26,000 yen.

WineHerUp

On the Ice
Origin is definitely en route to becoming one of my favorite programs. I know that it's still so early and the program will definitely be refined even further, but I feel like this such a great vehicle to showcase Yuzuru's intensity. I'm so looking forward to the Autumn Classic and the debut of this program in a competitive setting.

Reth

On the Ice
Wait for, next year his programs are going to be inspored by Stephen Lambiel and Shizuka Arakawa, with a popurri of War Horse music programs, gonna be awesome!
If that means he won’t retire next year, I will take it!

Amef

Final Flight
Lol in my opinion, this year will be dedicated towards his inner fanboy, but next year he will try new genres as experiment. Yuzu always loves trying something new for a change. [emoji6]

Amef

Final Flight
Origin is definitely en route to becoming one of my favorite programs. I know that it's still so early and the program will definitely be refined even further, but I feel like this such a great vehicle to showcase Yuzuru's intensity. I'm so looking forward to the Autumn Classic and the debut of this program in a competitive setting.
Me too! I had the feeling before Seimei, that it had so much potential to become the best program ever created. You just have that feeling.

Of course, the real worry is that Yuzu has a tendency to bomb ACI Free Skates. He has had magnificient WR SP at ACI, but his consistency during the FS was not that great.

I just hope the Component Scores and his jump quality will allow him to score above 300 total in ACI (not that score really matters, but I want him to score near his usual average scores).

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Mr. Noto and Mr. Nagakubo seem to be there, but no Mr. Tanaka (he has been busy judging by his twitter). Shame that we don't have Mr. Yamaguchi from Baseball magazine this year, he left the office last year :sad21:

And its still cheaper than Boston was.... lol :dbana:

I'm holding myself back and haven't watched any snippets of the new programs. I want to start the new quadrant off with a surprise :biggrin:

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
Lol in my opinion, this year will be dedicated towards his inner fanboy, but next year he will try new genres as experiment. Yuzu always loves trying something new for a change. [emoji6]
Tango? :yes:

yude

Record Breaker
Me too! I had the feeling before Seimei, that it had so much potential to become the best program ever created. You just have that feeling.

Of course, the real worry is that Yuzu has a tendency to bomb ACI Free Skates. He has had magnificient WR SP at ACI, but his consistency during the FS was not that great.

I just hope the Component Scores and his jump quality will allow him to score above 300 total in ACI (not that score really matters, but I want him to score near his usual average scores).

To me, I'll be only happy if I can watch him skate two new programs at ACI :dance3: It's his first competition in this season after all and I will keep my expectation low and I don't care what people say if he bombs :biggrin: But of course I am wishing him the best, ganbatte Yuzuru :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.