Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 242 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amef

Final Flight
I heard there was another video of him skating on ice again, but people aren't sharing it because it's a private video.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I heard there was another video of him skating on ice again, but people aren't sharing it because it's a private video.

Which is good... yes, I'd love to see it but his privacy is more important.

Pity about all the views and comments. I admit, I learned a while ago, before skating entered my life, to download any and every video I might want to rewatch (for instance someone uploaded 200 episodes of the British show Time Team, many of which will never come out on video, and I didn't take any chances) so I have every version of Yuzu's videos I can lay grubby virtual fingers on on my hard drive/back up....

Imov

Medalist
I understand to be protective of copyrights if people are leeching on something they didn't make or the videos are available in the market for purchase.
But the people who uploaded those channels are not making profit.
Those videos are not available for purchase.
Given if they are due to advertisement pop-ups then youtube can just suspend the ads and not pay them.
They can have some contract or something that the channel owners will consent that they will not be paid.
Just like in wordpress, you can blog about whatever but if you are not under the ad promoting category plan you earn nothing but views.

Glad to hear he is back on the ice. Keep healthy yuzu.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV9MgLsHzz8
With English subtitles! TV interview with Yuzu after he won the Grand Prix Final 2015 in Barcelona. Yuzu is eloquent, smart and charming as always. Featuring a studio set inspired by Pooh’s forest. ��
Thanks so much to the translator.

Another award
https://twitter.com/echotpe/status/1075639076106039298
"Kimono Best Dress Award 2018" announced #YuzuruHanyu won the male talent category and actress Takei Emi was recognized in female category. This was a poll open to internet starting this late Oct.

Last edited:

Henni147

Final Flight
Yes, you can re-upload videos again and again. But the thousands of comments, thoughts and discussions of the skating community are ereased forever... These people are annihilating the written history of our fandom :sad21:

I've spent countless hours to create subtitles in English, German and Hungarian for many videos to make figure skating commentaries accessible and enjoyable all over the world. All deleted with one klick... (I'll never do it again.)

Yuzu's FS in Helsinki with 3Mio. views was the best advertisement for this sport.
By deleting it SBS or ISU (or whoever is responsible) is closing the door for potentially new fans.
Not every country is blessed with free TV broadcasts, newspaper articles, magazines, photobooks and merchandise... the No. 1 access to this sport is YouTube. I got to know Yuzu through YouTube.

Shedi0806

On the Ice
Yes, you can re-upload videos again and again. But the thousands of comments, thoughts and discussions of the skating community are ereased forever... These people are annihilating the written history of our fandom :sad21:

I've spent countless hours to create subtitles in English, German and Hungarian for many videos to make figure skating commentaries accessible and enjoyable all over the world. All deleted with one klick... (I'll never do it again.)

Yuzu's FS in Helsinki with 3Mio. views was the best advertisement for this sport.
By deleting it SBS or ISU (or whoever is responsible) is closing the door for potentially new fans.
Not every country is blessed with free TV broadcasts, newspaper articles, magazines, photobooks and merchandise... the No. 1 access to this sport is YouTube. I got to know Yuzu through YouTube.

SO well put. I was so pissed yesterday that I sent a tweet to ISU, but I do not think they realize the consequences of their actions.

Henni147

Final Flight
SO well put. I was so pissed yesterday that I sent a tweet to ISU, but I do not think they realize the consequences of their actions.
I've sent a personal mail to Ted Barton yesterday with all my thoughts and worries. He's running the Junior GP Channel on YT himself, so if anyone knows, what's going on in this shark pool of copyright holders on the one hand and in the heart of million skating fans on the other... Well, it's him, aye?

It would shatter my heart into pieces, if my own channel was suddenly closed down the next day as well... Thank God I haven't received any warnings from YT yet, but who knows...
I'm currently working on a new exciting Yuzu-montage (88% completed), but my motivation drops with every deletion wave...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, I wouldn't be here but for the videos on youtube... I was actually looking for a piece of music to send to a friend, and ran across a pair skating to it, though, "oooh that's rather pretty, I haven't watched that for a while, I'll just have a look at these recs on the side, oooh, nice, oooh fun, ooooh.... omigod WHO IS THAT BOY?????"

{it was POTO, by the way}

It - and Yuzu on it - the best advertising they have, so why they let this happen... {headdesk}

But they don't seem as yet {crosses all fingers and toes and touches every piece of available wood} to be going to music videos and montages unless they're on one of the channels being deleted anyway - just the actual performances. Nevertheless, I am thanking the skating gods that previous experience in other fandoms taught me to "like-it-download-it" to the point where I actually have multiple copies of some of the FAoI shows broadcast earlier this year hogging space on the hard drive... and every version, English or not, that I could come across of his great skates.

Maybe when this all dies down I'll try to upload some myself.

Ulrica

On the Ice
I wish we had some kind of update about his recovery :( I know he is back on the ice but still, I can't help but worry

firal

Record Breaker
I know I'll miss him even more when the men's competition takes place tonight...:(

I am kind of predicting he won't do 4CC; I know many think he might want to do one competition before the Worlds just to hash things out, but since he did magically came back into top form for the Olympics, I think he might be pretty sure that if he sticks to his practice routine he won't need that?

Status
Not open for further replies.