Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Japanese skater switching to Eteri?

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!

Japanese skater switching to Eteri?

Last edited by gsk8; 05-18-2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Original Source

4 Not allowed!
    Lol as if.
    Last edited by gsk8; 05-18-2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Original Source

0 Not allowed!
    Some people think it might be Shoma because of the secret camp he is supposed to visit.
    Yuna Shiraiwa could also be candidate. She has liked a few Quad videos from Eteri's girls a few weeks ago. We will see soon if it is just rumours or not

THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR DR SHOOMS! Arriba627's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
    I would be very surprised if any male skaters switched to Eteri. The only male I can think of who has worked with her is Morisi Kvitelashvili, and I'm not sure how successful that training process has been. Her specialty is ladies. I would like to know where Jack got this information. Shoma is only keeping the training "secret" for now. I think we'll know soon. Since he said there are top skaters at the rink, that narrows it down to just a few possibilities.

。*:.*'<3

1 Not allowed!
    Highly, highly doubt it's Yuzu.

1 Not allowed!
    I will reiterate the sentiment that it is most likely not Hanyu, but more likely a ladies' competitor. Perhaps Mako Yamashita or Yuna Shiraiwa? Two other options I consider to be more of a surprise are Marin Honda or Rika Hongo.

Exciting to see who it will be!!

Here for the High Lord of Extra TallyT's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zanadude View Post
    No way. It's been rumoured before... but no way.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TallyT View Post
    No way. It's been rumoured before... but no way.
    I'm pretty sure the Hanyu comment was sarcasm? but maybe I'm wrong

1 Not allowed!
    No way is it Shoma, lol.

If it’s a ladies skater, very likely it would be one with a slim/slight build. I am not familiar with everyone, but highly doubt that Marin is switching coaches this season.

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Daniil Gleykhengauz:
    "...Of course, I would have loved to work with Yuzuru (Hanyu), with Javier (Fernandez)..."
    http://absoluteskating.com/index.php...18gleichengauz

That rumours may be about a visit for choreography of a new program, not about coach switching.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Can you translate what exactly the Tweet says? If I have to guess, I guess it's a lady with small build like the average girls in Eteri's group, but I cannot think of anyone except Rika. Then I guess it would be a lady who is ambitious in the sense that she truly wants to work hard and improve and win. My wildest guess is Kaori among the current top skaters. Could it be some junior lady who is not known to the international audience yet?

Quote Originally Posted by zanadude View Post

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Through Microsoft Translate, it says "Here it is... It seems that the next season Japan figure skaters are thinking of working with Eteri's coach."

0 Not allowed!
    My Japanese isn't much still, but the tweet doesn't say anything definitive. It really says they're 'thinking about/considering' whatever it is, and it really says Eteri's coach(es), not Eteri herself. Also, we don't know if it's about one or more athletes. No reason to jump to conlusions IMO.

The one who I think is most likely to collab with Eteri's team is IMO Satoko. She fits that camp perfectly - hard-working, has nothing to lose now, is determined to add new jumps and improve her jump technique, and she is tiny.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by surimi View Post
    My Japanese isn't much still, but the tweet doesn't say anything definitive. It really says they're 'thinking about/considering' whatever it is, and it really says Eteri's coach(es), not Eteri herself. Also, we don't know if it's about one or more athletes. No reason to jump to conlusions IMO.

The one who I think is most likely to collab with Eteri's team is IMO Satoko. She fits that camp perfectly - hard-working, has nothing to lose now, is determined to add new jumps and improve her jump technique, and she is tiny.
    I’m also going for Satoko.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    Idk... Satoko was at TCC a couple of days ago, for a jump training, and know is with Lori Nichol. So I personally wouldn't take her into consideration.

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arriba627 View Post
    I would be very surprised if any male skaters switched to Eteri. The only male I can think of who has worked with her is Morisi Kvitelashvili
    What about Voronov? He was with Eteri 3 seasons from 2013 to 2016.

。*:.*'<3

0 Not allowed!
    The tweet says, "It's here... It seems they're thinking that a Japanese figure skater will work with Eteri's coach(es) next season."

"It seems they're thinking that" doesn't sound very certain, but we'll see...

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    I’m not so sure about this. Satoko’s style is a bit elevated for Eteri’s choreo, and her jumps are not quite so elevated for Eteri. Seems like Eteri is most intent on taking on skaters with huge technical potential and Satoko just isn’t a great jumper. She would only be looking to clean up her technique but I can’t picture her at all adding difficult elements like a 3A or quad.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    I don't believe it at all

7 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by P44 View Post
    I don't believe it at all
    I agree. It sounds like a rumor of a rumor that someone, we don't know who, is maybe thinking about doing something, we don't know what.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast