2019-20 U.S. Men's Figure Skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
And moving on.... I wonder how Cam will fair this weekend at Skate Canada. With Vincent's withdrawl from the Grand Prix I wonder how open is the door for the American podiuma nd a world spot. It isn't impossible that vincent will be ready come Nats, 4ccs and world. Jimmy Ma who has shown flashes of brilliance also cod be ready or Alex or... And of course we are all wondering or a lot of us are if Jason Brown ready to show the world his quad? USA is very fortunate to have such a well conditioned consistent skater in Nathan and such a beautiful skater in Jason with lots of upcoming potential.

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
May I join the Jason-Nathan-Vincent club too? For me, Jason should be receiving the highest PCS across the boards unless he implodes, but it certainly isn't Nathan's fault for how he is scored PCS-wise by the judges. The TES he is awarded gives him an incredible advantage over the other US skaters, and usually, Yuzu as well. He's becoming more artistic and fun to watch over time. And Vincent is slowly but surely improving in every aspect of his skating. There are other US men, mostly juniors, but I'm not sure they are up to the international world level yet. Am hoping that Nathan, Vincent, and Jason will be chosen for the upcoming Worlds. As for 4CC, perhaps there as well.

medoroa

On the Ice
I hope Camden does well this week but personally I'm eagerly awaiting Tomoki's showing next week! Give me more of those powerful dynamic split jumps. :drama: The US men have never interested me as much as they do currently, a great team.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
May I join the Jason-Nathan-Vincent club too? For me, Jason should be receiving the highest PCS across the boards unless he implodes, but it certainly isn't Nathan's fault for how he is scored PCS-wise by the judges. The TES he is awarded gives him an incredible advantage over the other US skaters, and usually, Yuzu as well. He's becoming more artistic and fun to watch over time. And Vincent is slowly but surely improving in every aspect of his skating. There are other US men, mostly juniors, but I'm not sure they are up to the international world level yet. Am hoping that Nathan, Vincent, and Jason will be chosen for the upcoming Worlds. As for 4CC, perhaps there as well.

Yes! Admission is free and spots are unlimited!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
We need a petition for Joshua to choreograph Camden forever. Holy wow, I was not expecting that and promptly got floored by its stunning beauty.

sheetz

Record Breaker
I had heard Camden was working really hard recently but I'm still surprised at how much he's improved. Looks like Nats could get really interesting this year!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We need a petition for Joshua to choreograph Camden forever. Holy wow, I was not expecting that and promptly got floored by its stunning beauty.

Do you know how long he's worked with Joshua? I saw Camden once last year, and THIS was NOT the guy I remember.

Very impressive. That 4T at the top of the program was nothing-but-net-from-half-court. Glorious. Ditto the 3A. Spins... not quite top notch.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Ok first time ever watching Camden - just amazing! Literally came out of nowhere, rooting for him to make the world team this season.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The program is way better than last year, yes. Thanks Josh:thumbsup: last year Camden was quoted as saying he was not as comfortable with his WSS program.

But Camden has *always* had flashes of brilliance. I believe last year, was it, he was second in the JGPF after the SP? After the FS, not so much. :noshake: If he gets it together, and believes in himself, that could be the key. Camden’s biggest issue is consistency.

Camden changed coaches I’m not quite sure exactly when last season. He did work with Tom Z., and now it’s Christy and Damon, and by extension, Josh. Perhaps that has helped with his mental game?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jordan Moeller :luv17: won the SP at Upper Great Lakes regionals today. Score: 75.16.

(For moonvine and all of us in Andrew Austin's fan club :ghug:, he placed third among the three entries.)

The FS takes place tomorrow (Saturday).

… But Camden has *always* had flashes of brilliance. I believe last year, was it, he was second in the JGPF after the SP? After the FS, not so much. :noshake: If he gets it together, and believes in himself, that could be the key. Camden’s biggest issue is consistency. ...

Congratulations to Camden. :bow:

He placed first in the SP at 2018 JGPF and the SP at 2019 Junior Worlds, so I agree that he has not come out of nowhere.

Skating well in the FS too at Skate Canada would be a great step forward for him. :yay:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:clap: Jordan :clap:

He appears to have stayed in Colorado, judging by his social media, so I wonder who he training with now?

(And thanks @icecoverage for the specifics on Camden’s previous comps, I knew they were impressive SPs, but not remembering the years :) )

Nathan13

Medalist
Camden was stellar last night!! :hap93: That quad is a thing of beauty! He doesn't have a great track record for the free so I'm not getting my hopes up but anything's possible. What a SPECTACULAR senior GP debut!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jordan Moeller won the UGL FS and won overall. :medal"
Plus he achieved the TES minimum for Nats. :yay:

Overall total score: 198.18. FS total segment score: 123.02.

SP TES 40.36 + FS TES 60.14 = 100.50 (exceeding the minimum of 92).​

Andrew Austin moved up to second overall.

ETA (on Jun 9, 2020):
For posterity, below is the updated link to the tech minimum document for 2020 Nats. The USFS site was revamped before 2020 Nats, and the original link no longer works.
https://www.usfigureskating.org/system/files/TN229MinimumTESforChampionships.pdf

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean Rabbitt has changed his SP to "Come Fly with Me" performed by Michael Buble

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4LfTRKFIpt/

Looking forward to it:hap85:

I don't know when Sean's Regionals or Sectionals is, but I don't think it has happened yet :think:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
… I don't know when Sean's Regionals or Sectionals is, but I don't think it has happened yet :think:

All three sectionals are coming up during the week of Nov 12-16.

Regionals have concluded for this season. The final batch took place last week.

(Sean did not need to compete at regionals. He has a bye to sectionals because he won sectionals last season.
Plus even if he did not have the bye, I think his region and his section have so few senior men that they don't need to compete at regionals. )

ETA (on Oct 29):

New article: The Art of Skating with Andrew Torgashev

https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...ting-with-andrew-torgashev.aspx?path=rinkside (Oct 28)​

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just saw on Twitter the Andrew T article edited in above post, and posted in his FF.

My favorite quote: "Both programs allow me to be original and not be ordinary."

One thing Andrew has never been is ordinary:biggrin: Good luck this weekend in the Asian Open:clap:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if Andrew Austin competed in a regional?