2023-24 US Men’s Figure Skating | Golden Skate

2023-24 US Men’s Figure Skating

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Senior Men

Ilia Malinin

SP: Malaguena (choreo: Shae-Lynn Bourne)
FS: Succession (choreo: Shae-Lynn Bourne)
WS 2
SB 281.61 (1)
GP Assignments: Skate America, GP France

Andrew Torgashev
SP: L’enfer (choreo: Shae-Lynn Bourne)
FS: Void of Madness (choreo: Misha Ge)
WS 78
SB 233.26 (5)
GP Assignment: Skate America

Camden Pulkinen
SP: A Different Kind of Love by Son Lux (choreo: Marie-France Dubreuil)
FS: Tosca
WS 14
SB 210.46 (18)
GP Assignments: GP France, NHK Trophy

Jimmy Ma
SP:
FS:
WS 18
SB 191.08 (30)
GP Assignments: GP China, GP Espoo

Liam Kapeikis
SP:
FS:
WS 39
SB 223.02
GP Assignment: Skate Canada

Lucas Broussard
SP:
FS:
WS 43
SB 220.43 (J)
GP Assignment: GP China

Maxim Naumov
SP:
FS:
WS 58
SB 227.17
GP Assignment: Skate America

Jason Brown
SP:
FS
WS 16
SB 280.04

Yaroslav Paniot
SP: Kiss by Prince (choreo: Rohene Ward)
FS: The Show Must Go On by Queen (choreo: Benjamine Agosto & Katherine Hill)

Tomoki Hiwatashi
SP:
FS:
WS 70
SB 188.73

Last edited:

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Junior Men

Beck Strommer
SB: 210.92
Upcoming JGP Assignment: JGP Poland

Daniel Martynov
SB: 207.98
Upcoming JGP Assignment: JGP Yerevan

Michael Xie
SB: 204.13

Jacob Sanchez
SB: 201.49
Upcoming JGP Assignment: JGP Budapest

Kai Kovar
SB: 166.30

I didn’t realize it until I’ve (finally) updated this post, but Yampolsky has been absent. That must have been one hell of an injury that took him out of Junior Worlds. Poor guy. I like him a lot. I hope he heals soon.

Last edited:

haribobo

On the Ice
Top 5 this summer so far

SENIOR MEN
Kai Kovar 222 (Glacier)
Goku Endo 213 (Glacier)
Maxim Zharkov 213 (Charleston)
Liam Kapeikis 201 (Glacier)
Yaroslav Paniot 200 (Glacier)

JUNIOR MEN
Michael Xie 199 (Junior Cup)
Daniil Murzin 198 (Junior Cup)
Beck Strommer 197 (Charleston)
Kai Kovar 187 (Junior Cup)
Jacob Sanchez 183 (Junior Cup)

Weathergal

Medalist
I know this skater is from the "archives," but I recall a lot of Emmanuel Savary fans on the board so I wanted to share this here. I stumbled on this while watching some videos on the On Ice Perspectives YT channel:

I thought it was really enjoyable to watch! Emmanuel was always someone I looked forward to seeing at Nationals each year.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know this skater is from the "archives," but I recall a lot of Emmanuel Savary fans on the board so I wanted to share this here. I stumbled on this while watching some videos on the On Ice Perspectives YT channel:

I thought it was really enjoyable to watch! Emmanuel was always someone I looked forward to seeing at Nationals each year.
Ok first of all I love anyone who skates to Billy Joel.
But what was up with that camera work? Was that OIP!?!?! I didn’t even see him after about the first 1/3 of the number. Was that some sort of artistic filming that I’m not grokking?

Last thing I remember about Emmanuel was that he placed 3rd in his sectionals in …2020 I think? but qualified for Nationals because Andrew Austin and Ben Jalovick didn’t make tech minimums. He WD from nationals and did not compete and I’ve heard nothing of him since.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States

That was just breathtaking.. he seemed to enjoy performing. I want one of those seats at ice edge😻

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
I thought the Warsaw cup was cancelled,bur than I do not pay attention to lesser challenges or competitions. I am not a skater I am just a fan that only watches when I can . Kinda of like your high scores that doesn't include all international competition so the. High scores and personal best aren't really the highest . Warsaw I will not pay attention because I thought cancelled.

Tav

Rinkside
I thought the Warsaw cup was cancelled,bur than I do not pay attention to lesser challenges or competitions. I am not a skater I am just a fan that only watches when I can . Kinda of like your high scores that doesn't include all international competition so the. High scores and personal best aren't really the highest . Warsaw I will not pay attention because I thought cancelled.

Ice Challenge was cancelled, not the Warsaw Cup.

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Ilia great 😊😃 job unless something happens you are pretty much of a sure thing for another title

Nothing bad to Jason a former champ . I haven't seen him skating or competing. He has the program components to take the title from Ilia . He has decent tech but will it be enough.
Andrew, Camden Lucas Willis where will you. Place.

You have skated and show inconsistency. That okay was early in season.
I like your skating but nothing stands out for me.

Will You podium or will those coming through regionals and Nationals take your podium.

The small victory of those men making to Natl through regionals and sectionals Props and 🎉🎈 congratulations to you
Nat'ls will be interesting.
Those compete through Gpsand challengers 💐

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ilia great 😊😃 job unless something happens you are pretty much of a sure thing for another title

Nothing bad to Jason a former champ . I haven't seen him skating or competing. He has the program components to take the title from Ilia . He has decent tech but will it be enough.

Will You podium or will those coming through regionals and Nationals take your podium.

The small victory of those men making to Natl through regionals and sectionals Props and 🎉🎈 congratulations to you
Don’t forget my Jimmy.

Reactions: Tav

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

+ Jimmy Tomoki Yaroslav... all of them competing against each other for one medal at nationals if Ilia and Jason are healthy.

For how long must I wait for a US man to step up???

For sure nationals will be interesting :biggrin:

By the way not much talk about the US men, or is there another thread on them?