2014 NHK Gala | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Gala

thoakun

Final Flight
Not liking Gracie or Taylor but Gracie looks really good skating to that song. She's definitely the friendly, athletic, pretty, All-American type.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Always cracks me up when people wear completely unrelated ex outfit to skate their program...

Well, what scares me is how, if this season's Galas are anything to go by, the fashion of the early 90's seems to be coming back in! :eek:

That was a period of time I never wanted to see come back into fashion!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I'm still haunted by the sight of Chris Knierim in that vest and baggy shorts combo...

Although, I have to say, the girls are pulling off the hot pants well... ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Dice :cheer:

eta: Russian commentator pronounced 'Daisuke' as 'Dai-SU-ka'

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Uhm, so Eurosport aren't showing the Ladies and the... Ice Dance? short programs of the GPF?
or any of the Junior events.
Wonder why, maybe because they're already on Thursday.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eurosport just put up their planned schedule for the GP Final.

It's not looking good at all! :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Eurosport just put up their planned schedule for the GP Final.

It's not looking good at all! :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

:frown:

Well hopefully the ISU stream will be working. Everyone download Hola! (unless of course you are in the right country..) ;)

firal

Record Breaker
Yeah, just thinking that. It's definitely on their schedule!
Wow, I just cannot believe I never bothered with that before. The video quality is stunning!

I know, I only discovered this yesterday. And no commentary! :cheer:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I woke up early especially to see the gala and Eurosport showed only the second half...I was waiting for Yuzuru's program:laugh: Thank you for the link. Beautiful program:)

mint

Spectator
I also woke up early, woke my mum (tv is in her room) and got the first half cut.... :bang: I hope they will repeat the gala, but in the whole... it's a totally different experience watching skating on my tv screen then on the computer :)

But BIG thanks for the stream link! I'll use it in the future for sure! :biggrin: :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Uhm, so Eurosport aren't showing the Ladies and the... Ice Dance? short programs of the GPF?
or any of the Junior events.
Wonder why, maybe because they're already on Thursday.

I just had a look at the calendars on the various pieces of paper I have lying around, and there are 2 reasons for the lack of GP Final coverage on Eurosport.

1. There is a snooker PTC that weekend.
  2. Every imaginable ski-sport has a round that weekend.

So, figure skating is getting pushed down the order of importance, as usual.

Oh, how I wish Eurosport had a third channel...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Victura

On the Ice
Anyone notice in the finale the pairs switched up their partners for the death spiral? I believe it was Takahashi with Radford, Duhamel with Jin, Kavaguti and Kihara, and Yu with Smirnov. Wonder how they decided that. Is it really that easy to switch around partners for the death spiral?

Very cute with the group hug with the cartoon characters and one of them falling over and needing to be helped up (by Takahashi, of all people - thankfully her partner and Radford (?) also stepped in)!

Last edited: