2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Strange competition with those falls. Weaver & Poje's program is way better than when I saw it last - quite nuanced & beautiful now but they're still weak on those twizzles. Still think the program is better than Cock & Bates -- by a long way IMO but judging being what it is ---

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Ice Dance Results/Videos
(this is the best quality I could find for all of them on the fly, hope it's okay!)

1. Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
- Short Dance / Free Dance

2. Ksenia Monko / Kirill Khaliavin

3. Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker

4. Nelli Zhiganshina / Alexander Gazsi

5. Penny Coomes / Nicholas Buckland

6. Cathy Reed / Chris Reed

7. Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov

8. Emi Hirai / Marien De La Asuncion

Medal Ceremony! :yay:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that Eurosport's coverage of the NHK Trophy will continue today in around 10 minutes.

As for what it will be showing, I'm not sure. It might be highlights of the Free Dance followed by LIVE coverage of the Gala (as Nicky and the on-screen graphic said yesterday). Or it might be just LIVE coverage of the Gala (as the Sky EPG and the Eurosport website say).

Here are some links:

Eurosport 2 International livestream

British Eurosport 2 livestream

Currently showing Ski Jumping

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Alba

Record Breaker
OMG Alba a dream has just came true :cheer: I wish I didn't fall asleep watching the competition. I woke up with the voice of laptop falling down and when I take it the first thing I've seen is M/K standing in the 2nd place, not C&B. That means I/Z qualify, right? :cheer:

Yes, yes, yes, yes! :dance:

I have to say though. Althoug I'm very happy about I&Z, I do feel sorry about C&B (UK). I don't know what the hell happened with them tonight.

Alba

Record Breaker
As for what it will be showing, I'm not sure. It might be highlights of the Free Dance followed by LIVE coverage of the Gala (as Nicky and the on-screen graphic said yesterday). Or it might be just LIVE coverage of the Gala (as the Sky EPG and the Eurosport website say).

The Ita Eurosport guy told us last night that this morning they are doing Free Dance highlights.

IceVampire

Rinkside
Although their scores have been going down throughout the season, whats really ironic is that the Shibutani's are now the saving grace of camp Zueva. The team that was basically always treated like a side-chick.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Ita Eurosport guy told us last night that this morning they are doing Free Dance highlights.

Yep. Eurosport are showing the Free Dance now, and only joining the Gala for the second half. Arrrrgh!!!!

Could you not have put the Free Dance on an hour ago instead of the ski jumping (which had been shown LIVE yesterday)???!!!

Thanks a lot guys! :sarcasm:

CaroLiza_fan

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Strange competition with those falls. Weaver & Poje's program is way better than when I saw it last - quite nuanced & beautiful now but they're still weak on those twizzles. Still think the program is better than Cock & Bates -- by a long way IMO but judging being what it is ---

I agree they need Shipland or some technical support but Chock and BAtes for some reason are really loved as well as PC - each has an equal chance at WGM right now. Wow, Nikita like MT must be really regretting the switch.

Alba

Record Breaker
Could you not have put the Free Dance on an hour ago instead of the ski jumping (which had been shown LIVE yesterday)???!!!

Thanks a lot guys! :sarcasm:

CaroLiza_fan

:laugh: I will never understand eurosport and their schedule.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I believe so! They both have 4th and 2nd place finishes, but I/Z have a higher score total than Monko/Khaliavin - 152.54 to 160.43!

That was honestly unexpected... Go Ruslena! And keep going, WeaPo!

it would appear weaver and poje are no. 3 right now. Wow, Chock and BAtes or P and C really look good; though I still prefer W and P this year at least it doesn't matter as I am not a j udge.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ice dance is dangerous, and the lifts are dangerous. Dubreuil and Lauzon had to withdraw from the 2006 Olympics because he dropped her on a lift. She fell on her hip and spent some time in a wheel chair. She seems to have forgiven him, since they have since married and had a baby together.

True but I wonder of Barbara ever forgave that Italian guy (Marizio???). Wow, that wasn't acting; that was the stare of death! People need to realize their partner didn't want to make a mistake (I hope).

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am a bit confused. The Brits had a very low technical score. I know about the fall, but they either missed a few big elements or they would have had a low score even without that fall. The fall was near the end, and they were around 32 points. I don't understand. Are they in a different class? How were they in the second position? I liked their program a lot, but I am not good at judging dance.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wonder if this was Coomes and Buckland's last realistic chance to make the GPF? WIth several American, Russian and Canadian teams about to pass them this might have been their real best shot.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes, yes, yes, yes! :dance:
I have to say though. Althoug I'm very happy about I&Z, I do feel sorry about C&B (UK). I don't know what the hell happened with them tonight.
I/Z qualify to GPF?????? OMG!!!!!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
it would appear weaver and poje are no. 3 right now. Wow, Chock and BAtes or P and C really look good; though I still prefer W and P this year at least it doesn't matter as I am not a j udge.

I made that post while W/P were still skating, praying they wouldn't fall too :laugh:

I think W/P's programs need some life... I like them, but they just seem kind of stale right now.

But hey, I'll never forgive the 2014 World judges for cheating P/B, so I understand :)

nocturnalis

Medalist
Somewhere deep and evil inside of me I hope that Weaver & Poje do well at Worlds but get Bronze or off the podium so that Virtue & Moir won't retire. I don't think Tessa and Scott will come back and cramp their friends style if they are doing well against the world and representing Canada well, but I believe they will come back if they feel that Canada needs better representation and if Weaver and Poje get picked apart for their flaws.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I just peeked at the results, or at least at the list of qualifying GPF couples, after seeing C/B on Eurosport just now. Sorry for them, but seeing I/Z is a complete thrill. :dance: