2014 NHK Trophy Short Dance 11/28 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Short Dance 11/28

peg

Medalist
S/k level 2 everywhere! Not even a lift was 4! This team needs an intervention. Why are they competing? Do they like competing? Do they think they have a winning future?

Of course they have a winning future. After all, they have blue eyes ;)

gmyers

Record Breaker
Give it a rest..we all knew this would be an issue. Their skating skills and on ice personas don't really suit the paso, they should do pretty fine with the waltz next season. They will need more TIME....

I would be lying if I didn't say the success at medaling of I/z didnt make me think the same was possible of s/k! But then you might say Elena is paso doble and therefore success was more likely?

Of course they have a winning future. After all, they have blue eyes ;)

Good one!! Lol.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Go back in time and flip them, obviously ;) (oh, and remind me to submit my predictions while you're at it :confused2: )

I did it but it's useless. They were closed yesterday already. :disapp: :biggrin:
I'll go and edit again as it was. :hopelessness:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I didn't find W/P to be that wonderful to be honest. Maybe its just that the paso is really a challenging dance to do well.

elif

Medalist
Monko/Khaliavin should let go that twizzles. There is more easy way to get level4 on chance of side feature. And I'm glad to see Hawayek/Baker so close to medal. Their skating skills scores are 3rd lowest in short dance. I'm curious how judges going to mark in free dance :cheer:

There is some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hHeFvMJNQA&index=1&list=UUr9GRmW9PW7pacUfoakgyyQ
2 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR
http://youtu.be/DmBCe6yYEBI
3 Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN RUS
http://youtu.be/dIEmKOpcPsM
4 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA
http://youtu.be/fsqFAYIURuU
5 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS
6 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI GER
http://youtu.be/LRFpmtJgQFA
7 Cathy REED / Chris REED JPN
http://youtu.be/t0_tZ13nASU
8 Emi HIRAI / Marien DE LA ASUNCION JPN
http://youtu.be/gwQaIRUnKfA

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
At least the attempt was made. Go on without me! :drama:

:laugh:

I didn't find W/P to be that wonderful to be honest. Maybe its just that the paso is really a challenging dance to do well.

To tell you the truth I have the same opinion about them as I had at Nebelhorn, when the season started.
For me both their programs are a let down. Maybe I was expecting too much from them. I don't know. :disapp:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Darn it, I was hoping S/K would do better so I/Z can make GPF. :p

Nah, let the kids (I/Z) rest and prepare for nationals. But on the other hand I think they (S/K) will do much better in the FD. Let's see. Now do they (S/K) have to do another senior B to get their minimum technical scores for the SD or is that not the case for them?

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nah, let the kids (I/Z) rest and prepare for nationals. But on the other hand I think they (S/K) will do much better in the FD. Let's see. Now do they (S/K) have to do another senior B to get their minimum technical scores for the SD or is that not the case for them?

They will have to do a senior B to get the SD minimum.

Their TES scores in the SD have been 26.85 (Rostelecom) and 25.50. The minimum TES is 29.00.

They have earned the TES minimum (39.00) in the FS with a 41.45 TES.

Last edited:

sses1

On the Ice
S/K's paso sequence is all over the place! It doesn't even look like its improved since COR. They skate so far away from each other sometimes as well. And I know they will do better in the free, but the fact that they can't get that paso rhythm down shows some deficiencies in their technique that really need to be taken care off.

elif

Medalist

They can get at Europeans, If they are in the European team.

sisinka

Medalist
They can get at Europeans, If they are in the European team.

Technical minimal score is mandantory for everybody (like age restrictions).

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pair-skating-and-ice-dance/isu-judging-system/introduction

ISU Figure Skating Championships consist of four events – Men’s Single Skating, Ladies’ Single Skating, Pairs Skating and Ice Dance. During the ISU Congress of June 2012 , three important changes were voted:

1.The Preliminary Rounds have been discountinued. Skaters must achieve a Minimum Total Technical Score in their Short and Free Programs/Dance in order to participate in an ISU Figure Skating Championships. These scores are published in an ISU Communication and the ISU Council can adjust the required Minimum Total Technical Score up to two weeks before the entry deadline of each ISU Figure Skating Championships.

Even Volosozhar & Trankov had to skate at some competition in 2011 to get minimum technical score.

So Bobrova & Soloviev needs to skate internationally as well to get those minimum score.

Iilinykh & Zhiganshin met both minimum score already at first Grand Prix in China which was their first competition together ever (and it was not home competition).
Monko & Khaliavin met SD score in Skate Canada, FD minimum score was done in Minsk at Ice Stars.
Stepanova & Bukin met FD score at Skate America, their SD score was low there around 26, so it was at Cup of Russia - around 27. But they skated at Finlandia Trophy where they got technical minimum for SD.

If Sinitsina & Katsalapov want to skate at World Champs, they need to:
1) qualify at Russian Nationals
2) compete at some international competition to get minimum technical score for SD

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
If Sinitsina & Katsalapov want to skate at Europeans, they need to:
1) qualify at Russian Nationals
2) compete at some international competition to get minimum technical score for SD

The European requirements are lower (19, 29), so they have the minimums to go there. ( I had totally forgotten about Europeans in my initial response).

At Europeans they can try to get the score again.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
But making GPF would give them good rep/momentum going into nationals! (In all honesty: Yeah, it doesn't matter during their first year together. They should focus on making the European/Worlds team).

sisinka

Medalist
The European requirements are lower (19, 29), so they have the minimums to go there. ( I had totally forgotten about Europeans in my initial response).

At Europeans they can try to get the score again.

Thanks for correction, I corrected it in my post. :)

MarieM

On the Ice
Give it a rest..we all knew this would be an issue. Their skating skills and on ice personas don't really suit the paso, they should do pretty fine with the waltz next season. They will need more TIME....

They don't have time. The Russian Fed has chosen Elena anyway, so they're toast and they absolutly know it already. Watch them at russian nationals when Stepanova and Bukin beat them ;)

elif

Medalist

Paso doble one of the easiest compulsory dances in there. How can their skating skills don't suit paso?:confused:

Also good waltz needs rhythmic knee action to match music. Long legs of Sinitsina is not enough for waltz interpretation.

Last edited: