2023 NHK Trophy Women's Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Women's Short Program

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, macaroni and cheese, sourdough bread, vegetarian stuffing and special lentil/pumpkin stew for yours truly, apple/pear pie, maple pumpkin pie, peanut butter cup ice cream. I ate it all and it induced me to watch women's skating at this hour of the morning. :)

I would like fighting to be enough. ;)
this is my carb intake for the year !

mind you i had guacamole... and then was still hungry and made tzatziki... Dip night for me and the scores.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
this is my carb intake for the year !

mind you i had guacamole... and then was still hungry and made tzatziki... Dip night for me and the scores.

To be fair, I treated it as a tasting menu.

But in our family, if you're not eating six kinds of starch at Thanksgiving, are you even trying?:laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think none of the women here are considered top and none of them tend to be overscored. But in comparison I think many of them deserve higher PCS. Or skaters we have seen at other events deserve lower ones.
I would say both :)

But for PCS : honestly, some of these skaters appear faster and with better ice coverage on the video than live where the judges are. So that is certainly a factor. This being said, they kept the scores really low for everyone. The LPs will be fascinating.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Really strict judging (that means, I loved it 😍)

Lindsay usually gets attacked. But, she really was fantastic. Best program, by far.

Nina scored 190+ to win Belgian Championships. She is so consistent. Just one more program to go and she could make it to the GP Finals 😳

Haein has my favourite short program this year. Love the ending!! She is still in the running….

Mai 🤗; Loved her. I thought she deserved the highest PCS scores today. I guess she doesn’t have her triple triple back and has issues rotating her triples. I’m kind of nervous for her free skate.

Wakaba and Yuna 😭😭

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
I don't find the women underwhelming.

It makes it more exciting. Mai, Wakaba, Yelim , Haein all capable of skating better and getting high free skate scores.
Also Anatasia.
Can Lindsey skate well to maintain the lead.
Will Mai skate well despite her injury.
Will Wakaba , Haein Anatasia Skate well to win? Will Seyong want to shine?: It will make for a very interesting free skate?

Will rinky hold them back?

Dawn825

Medalist
Haein and Mai deservedly lead PCS but not by enough imo.
I gotta respectfully disagree. Maybe in the performance score. But Haein program is relatively simple, lacks ice coverage and is bare in difficult steps. 7/7 in composition and skating skills. Mai's program is bare of choreography and simple in steps. 7/7.5. Lindsay on the other hand has much more choreography and much more difficult steps. I'd give her 8.25/8.75.

Skating91

Medalist
Gubanova was the clear leader for composition and presentation. Really slick program. It's what Loena is trying to achieve with her free skate but isn't quite working.

Mihara, Lee were really struggling just to rotate a jump and I don't agree with their PCS. I don't know what happened to Lee she is not recognisable to me anymore. I had such high hopes for this year.

Thorngren and Pinzarrone deserve 1 and 2. I enjoy watching Pinzarrone, but she seems to be at her limit. There is not much height on the jumps, the jumps will likely become harder for her over time. Still, she did well and has some consistency.

The scoring was quite reasonable. No-one could rotate their jumps.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You really don't watch women at all usually?

Sorry, just saw this. No, I don’t. I know the names, but I’m not sure who they are. So, I know the name Anastasia Gubanova, but I had never seen her skate (at least this year), don't know her on sight, and didn't know her programs. So "red catsuit lady" :) I know more about the Americans because living in the US it is easier to learn their names or see their photos randomly.

I will however happily watch every mens skater, and junior mens skater at any particular comp, and I recognize almost all the senior men and the majority of the juniors.:)

This will probably be it for ladies', although Mai is the only one who really captured me, and I would watch her again.